Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Bengals need to make some significant changes
(11-05-2017, 07:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: At least Marge won a championship...

She did do that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:11 PM)McC Wrote: And Mike still won't care.  The league should take the franchise away from him, force him to sell it, like MLB did with crazy Marge.

I would say "Sure he will.  It would kill him to see all of those uneaten hot dogs from concession stands."

Then I remember who we're talking about.

I wouldn't doubt it one bit Mikey doesn't feed them to the team in the cafeteria.

He probably charges them in a combo.  $20 gets you an old hot dog, Gatorade, and a deodorant of your choice.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: With Atkins and Dunlap having 1 year left on their contract and Green pushing 30 having 2 years left...I'd be tempted to see what we could get for them in trades.

If we could get some 1st and 2nd Round picks...that helps us bigtime. Better than losing them in free agency and to age declines.

Mikey Brown, through his ad man Hobson, will declare Atkins, Dunlap and Green over-the-hill and greedy with excessive contract demands. We'll draft some oft injured projects in the top rounds to replace them on the roster and the mess will continue.

I've been a Bengals since long before Mikey took over and ruined it. Common sense and Mikey Brown have nothing in common.

I can see Green making demands of the team similar to so many of the team's stars in the past. Dillon, Palmer, Pickens. When will Andy get tired of this mess and make his own demands????????

Think I'm wrong? Another year like this and we very well could see Dalton saying F you Mikey Brown, trade me or I'll retire. Of course we'll let McCarron go for a mid round comp pick, which we'll spend on a project OT.

The way Mikey thinks is that if we drafted two OTs in the first two rounds a couple of years ago and they both failed, then we shouldn't use a 1st or 2nd round pick on OTs. That's how Mikey boy thinks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: At least Marge won a championship...

Marge was a much better own that Mikey Brown. She actually wanted to win.

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 07:26 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I would say "Sure he will.  It would kill him to see all of those uneaten hot dogs from concession stands."

Then I remember who we're talking about.

I wouldn't doubt it one bit Mikey doesn't feed them to the team in the cafeteria.

He probably charges them in a combo.  $20 gets you an old hot dog, Gatorade, and a deodorant of your choice.
I wish I could of gave you more points. Well done sir
Reply/Quote
The Bengals need to fix the offensive line through trade and draft. Then they would be fine but the Bengals don't fix their problems they keep them around until they ruin everything else. We needed a center and an outside speed rusher. What did we do instead we loose our second best WR, LT, and RG and not replace him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Why blame Dalton with no AJ and beside possibly kroft mixon Gio. He has no talent behind 1 of the worst coaches and lines in the league. Lazor isn't a long term solution either
Reply/Quote
I still don't get all of the Dalton hate. Everyone finally seems to agree that coaching is the second biggest issue with this team. Our OC said our head coach decides playing time. Our OLine coach handpicks turds. Our head coach is notoriously conservative with even the smallest of leads. I'll stop there, but with all of the issues at coaching, has anyone ever thought a good coach could help Dalton as well? Nah. Couldn't be. Because they never liked Dalton to begin with so he's garbage.

The OLine is the third biggest issue with this team. No need to beat that horse.

The fourth biggest issue is lack of running game every year Dalton has been here except 2014.

So this season Dalton has the worst OLine in the league and the worst running game in the league, but he should be leading the offense to do better. Yeah, give me a break.

If you don't know and can't figure it out, the biggest issue this team will continue to struggle with is the Brown family.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 06:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tank the rest of the year and grab a QB in the first round, spend the rest of the draft addressing the oline, fire Marvin and Alexander, would be where I started.

Until the o line is fixed no QB will look good. It’s a fool’s errand to draft a QB while ignoring the line and trotting 4 bums and 1 adequate lineman out. Problem is Mike Brown likes flashy picks so the team will likely sign a QB or the highest rated TE. Paul Alexander will be retained, and continue his annual bang the table for a UDFA bum to over-draft in the 4th or 5th.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 09:49 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Until the o line is fixed no QB will look good.  It’s a fool’s errand to draft a QB while ignoring the line and trotting 4 bums and 1 adequate lineman out.  Problem is Mike Brown likes flashy picks so the team will likely sign a QB or the highest rated TE. Paul Alexander will be retained, and continue his annual hang the table for a UDFA bum to over-draft in the 4th or 5th.

Did you even read my post? They can address the oline in rounds 2-7 with every pick for all I care, but if there's a stud QB sitting there in the 1st TAKE HIM. I know the line sucks, we all do, but we can do better than Dalton. Find the next Carson Wentz or Deshaun Watson. 

Reply/Quote
Marvin should have been fired after last season. This season is just pathetic. If he's still here next year, Brown is an idiot!
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 09:56 PM)RobertG Wrote: Marvin should have been fired after last season. This season is just pathetic. If he's still here next year, Brown is an idiot!

Today Romo said the game is all about making adjustments. I guess being in the booth he’s already bought into all that journalistic jargon.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Draft OG Will Hernandez & QB Baker Mayfield
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 09:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Did you even read my post? They can address the oline in rounds 2-7 with every pick for all I care, but if there's a stud QB sitting there in the 1st TAKE HIM. I know the line sucks, we all do, but we can do better than Dalton. Find the next Carson Wentz or Deshaun Watson. 

[Image: Tom-Hanks-orly.gif]
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 10:03 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: [Image: Tom-Hanks-orly.gif]

Really what?

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 09:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Did you even read my post? They can address the oline in rounds 2-7 with every pick for all I care, but if there's a stud QB sitting there in the 1st TAKE HIM. I know the line sucks, we all do, but we can do better than Dalton. Find the next Carson Wentz or Deshaun Watson. 

Better to take elite line talent than elite QB talent at this point. The Bengals, other than Whitworth and Boling, have been terrible at adding quality lineman in the mid rounds. Conversely, there are so many QB’s in next year’s draft that at least 2-3 good ones will be there in the 2nd-3rd. The team may also still have AJ McCarron’s services depending on how the FA status hearing goes.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 10:22 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Better to take elite line talent than elite QB talent at this point.  The Bengals, other than Whitworth and Boling, have been terrible at adding quality lineman in the mid rounds.  Conversely,  there are so many QB’s in next year’s draft that at least 2-3 good ones will be there in the 2nd-3rd.

Grabbing one in the 1st is no guarantee either....

[Image: 225px-Cedric_Ogbuehi.JPG]

Reply/Quote
What happened to all the McCarron love? So many wanted him to start. Now people want a draft pick instead?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
A house leaning of the coaching staff is no doubt coming. We just have to wait the season out. It'll be one of the more interesting offseasons in a generation.

Dalton should get a year with the new Head Coach and new OC. We shouldn't begin to trade players until we know for sure it wasn't the coaching.

This qb class isn't shaping up to be as strong as previously thought. Our best bet is to fix the line, bring in fresh assistant coaches and an offensive minded HC with previous coaching experience (McDaniels) and see what we really have with this roster.

With contrast up after 2018, that is when the change in roster will happen if needed. d

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Let's start things off with a patricide.

[Image: smother_his_ass_zpsprkzpcut.jpg]
Reply/Quote