Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Bengals need to move on from Jeremy Hill
(09-20-2016, 08:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think you are understanding what you are reading.

How many people are saying it is time to move on from Hill?

At least me and the OP. 
Reply/Quote
If he doesn't improve this year I'd be totally on board with bringing in some extra competition.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Gio isn't doing that well either, but based on his history, he wouldn't seem to survive a season if he was taking the load.

I think Gio needs 2/3rd the touches though. Open field catches, more runs, he has a larger chance for explosive plays. Not sure why it's late in games and he has only 5 touches. That's like Kyrie only getting 5 shots off by the 4th quarter. It's not embarassing to dink/dunk to Giovani Bernard all game while getting a 50 yard PI penalty on a somewhat accurate Dalton missed connection bomb to Adrial Jeremiah Green.

I thikn Hill was pretty bad last year (disregarding his fumble in the playoffs, even). His average was piss poor. The offensive line looks worse than last year and we have zero run game, we can't have Dalton sacked 10 times and throwing 50 times to noobies and expect to win. Hue was all about running.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2016, 07:12 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Gio isn't doing that well either, but based on his history, he wouldn't seem to survive a season if he was taking the load.

I think Gio needs 2/3rd the touches though. Open field catches, more runs, he has a larger chance for explosive plays. Not sure why it's late in games and he has only 5 touches. That's like Kyrie only getting 5 shots off by the 4th quarter. It's not embarassing to dink/dunk to Giovani Bernard all game while getting a 50 yard PI penalty on a somewhat accurate Dalton missed connection bomb to Adrial Jeremiah Green.

I thikn Hill was pretty bad last year (disregarding his fumble in the playoffs, even). His average was piss poor. The offensive line looks worse than last year and we have zero run game, we can't have Dalton sacked 10 times and throwing 50 times to noobies and expect to win. Hue was all about running.

All of Gio's injuries have come from being hung out to dry on passes to the flats, that's when he got crushed in the ribs reaching up for a ball, or concussed from turning around and getting blasted by Shazier.

His history says he's healthy as can be as a runner.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2016, 07:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: All of Gio's injuries have come from being hung out to dry on passes to the flats, that's when he got crushed in the ribs reaching up for a ball, or concussed from turning around and getting blasted by Shazier.

Yes, well, Gio is not just a runner. He's probably even better in open space (not as a RB). So, I don't think he'd survive the bulk of the carries. He doesn't survive them without the bulk, there's no question there. If we used him as just a RB I think he's not going to be as efficient. Who knows what would happen if he was our only RB. It would be nice if Hill could be trusted on 3rd and 1s though...
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2016, 07:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: All of Gio's injuries have come from being hung out to dry on passes to the flats, that's when he got crushed in the ribs reaching up for a ball, or concussed from turning around and getting blasted by Shazier.

Yup. Dalton tossed one out to him in the pre season and he actually had blockers. I almost fainted and was calling Zamp a "offensive  genius".

lol @ pre season. 

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2016, 07:12 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Gio isn't doing that well either, but based on his history, he wouldn't seem to survive a season if he was taking the load.

By comparing Gio's touches to Kyrie's shots, you are implying that Jeremy Hill is LeBron James .
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I hope you guys are ready to eat crow tomorrow. At least I see one or two guys know what they are talking about .
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 01:39 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I hope you guys are ready to eat crow tomorrow. At least I see one or two guys know what they are talking about .

I'd love to. I doubt it'll start tomorrow.

Reply/Quote