Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Bengals need to move on from Jeremy Hill
I just wish our coaches would put our Oline on blast and get them to play like they have some damn dignity.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hard to establish the run on the road against good teams.

Coning out of a tough looking Week 1 & Week 2 at 1-1 is actually somewhat of a relief. NYJ and PIT both look good this year. Having to play those two teams to start the year is horseshit.

Don't look for the running game to get going next Sunday either. Denver, even on the road, will probably be able to stop our run game. Fortunately, after Denver our schedule finally eases up a bit. We have to win a few more games in the next coming weeks to set ourselves up for the stretch run though.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 07:43 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Please elaborate. What exactly don't you like?

I don't like how he doesn't hit the hole with any speed. He tries to be shifty and it just doesn't work out for him. His rookie year he would just run and hit the hole with speed. He doesn't so that anymore. Too much dancing. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 07:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Don't know if I am ready to move on, but Hill's running style pissed me off at times. It is like he thinks he is Darren Sproles, rather than the 6'1, 235lb RB he actually is. Stop dancing, stop going down from hand tackles, and just run a MF over already. You are 235, the CB is 200. Don't try to juke him, lower your shoulders and make him wish he didn't have to try to tackle you.

This. All of this. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 09:24 PM)J24 Wrote: Dude lead the NFL in rushing touchdowns last season and the year before had a 5.1 yards per a carry.  He is a good player just because hes had a couple of bad games against some really good front 7s doesn't mean this team should give up on football.

Leading the NFL in touchdowns doesn't mean anything. TDs are an overrated stat. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 10:15 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Leading the NFL in touchdowns doesn't mean anything. TDs are an overrated stat. 

Youre kidding, right? TDs are overrated??? TDs are what win games!
Reply/Quote
Agreed. 2 and 3 yd TD runs are not impressive. Give me a RB who has 5 ypc and most yac anyday.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 10:19 PM)Gohards Wrote: Youre kidding, right? TDs are overrated??? TDs are what win games!

Would you rather have a guy who can pretty much only get you 3yd TDs or a guy who averages 100yds a game.....think about it.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 10:11 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I don't like how he doesn't hit the hole with any speed. He tries to be shifty and it just doesn't work out for him. His rookie year he would just run and hit the hole with speed. He doesn't so that anymore. Too much dancing. 

What is this "hole" you speak of? I've heard about them and I vaguely remember them, but I feel like I haven't seen any this year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Or we could run him behind a FB every now and then because that's when he is awesome
Reply/Quote
Zampese is more Gruden then Hue. Run game is an afterthought. Just thrown in there here and there because you have to. Lazor comes from a heavy pass attack too. So we're a pass heavy Offense. No mistaking that after the first two weeks.

Hills rookie season we ran a lot of misdirection. From the shotgun. Now Hill is being hit in the backfield almost immediately. He dances too much, but the run game issues aren't all on him.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Sidebar: I thought it ironic that the last 2 games these 2 teams played it was raining and the outcome resulted in Bengal fumbles.
Reply/Quote
Was this weekend when we set the clocks forward cause this sure looked like a prime time game.
Reply/Quote
The OL play hasn't been there, but at the same time, Hill crumbles from arm tackles and dances too much in the backfield. Some of those 1-2 yard games would be 3-4 yards if he would cram it in there with some authority.
Reply/Quote
What bothers me is that Hill is not breaking any tackles and seems to go down on first contact.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 10:54 PM)Whatever Wrote: The OL play hasn't been there, but at the same time, Hill crumbles from arm tackles and dances too much in the backfield.  Some of those 1-2 yard games would be 3-4 yards if he would cram it in there with some authority.

This. It's a combo of these things and needs to be corrected immediately 
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
Hill is overthinking his moves because he doesn't want to fumble. Then the fans will bash him.

I want the old Hill back that ran over people so he could nae-nae in the endzone.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 08:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Dude had 3.6 ypc last year, something like 2.7 ypc this year. It ain't gonna happen, Captain. 11 carries at 2.0 ypc today helped lame the offense. It doesn't mean he should have ran 11 more times. The guy has ran slow, soft, and hesitant on 19 of his 20 carries this year, and he cannot pass block.

I'm with you on this one.  I was getting fatigued with the whole "Hill will stop sucking if you give him the ball more" narrative last season. We yucked it up when the Ravens signed Trent Ricahrdson for 13 minutes this off-season and here we are wondering why we need to lynch another OC who refuses to let a guy who is playing worse get 35 touches so he can "get going."

Oof.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 09:24 PM)J24 Wrote: Dude lead the NFL in rushing touchdowns last season and the year before had a 5.1 yards per a carry.  He is a good player just because hes had a couple of bad games against some really good front 7s doesn't mean this team should give up on football.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 10:58 PM)Butchie Tiger Wrote: What bothers me is that Hill is not breaking any tackles and seems to go down on first contact.

Agree with this because believe that dancing in backfield is because he is searching for a crevice that is not being supplied. 

But agree with others that when he does get in defensive backfield he should run with more authority and punish smaller tacklers wearing them down as game goes on. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote