Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals need to revaulate how they assess Skills players
(08-19-2018, 02:09 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: And as the season goes on, those percentages will improve.

Yeah, won't it be nice to actually run a PA, and the defense actually have to respect the run?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 02:10 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Ross didn’t score a touchdown people.   Ugh.   He’s so damn fast n quick I still think he has potential but he looks raw as hell out in the field

I sure saw a Ross TD catch in the highlights. Or was that a 2 point conversion?
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 02:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I sure saw a Ross TD catch in the highlights. Or was that a 2 point conversion?

2 pt. conversion...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 02:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I sure saw a Ross TD catch in the highlights. Or was that a 2 point conversion?

It was a 2 pt conversion.  But, still a great grab.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 02:33 PM)jason Wrote: 2 pt. conversion...

(08-19-2018, 02:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It was a 2 pt conversion.  But, still a great grab.

Thanks guys, yeah it was a great grab and think he will just come along with more snaps. I liked how they kept him
out there a lot longer this game. SoCal is correct, he is raw but he will get it down. He should get a bunch more snaps
against the Bills and frankly i am excited to watch him as he improves.

Just hoping the RT spot shows something better than that, probably will cause it isn't Demarcus Lawrence but the
Bills still have a very good D-line.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 02:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks guys, yeah it was a great grab and think he will just come along with more snaps. I liked how they kept him
out there a lot longer this game. SoCal is correct, he is raw but he will get it down. He should get a bunch more snaps
against the Bills and frankly i am excited to watch him as he improves.

Just hoping the RT spot shows something better than that, probably will cause it isn't Demarcus Lawrence but the
Bills still have a very good D-line.

I think he scores a TD in the Bears game if Dalton makes that throw instead of Barkley.

I think Ross will be fine. I wasn't a fan of the pick, but I think his rookie year just gave us all the yips.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 11:08 AM)Whacked Wrote: They need to quit being so dang predictable.

Why is this franchise so opposed to the short high % pass and a guaranteed 5 yards to assist in the play series?

Rarely seen

This, I guess this is on Marvin, he runs the show. The constant long passes downfield is a thing of the past, you have a higher % of winning with short passes because the game has become much, much, much quicker. Defensive guys come at you quickly. It is no secret. NO SECRET.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 01:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ross scores his first TD in stripes and he is called a big dummy....

Sometimes, i just have to shake my head around this place. Kumerow won't do as much as Ross will in his career.

Just watch. Plus seen Ross take a big shot on that TD catch and hold on, but i thought the guy was made of fine china.

When Ross gets it together (which will take some time) dude will be great for us.

I agree with this except the highlighted part, I am a mortal.  The older I get, the more I want a playoff win and another "Boomer/Anderson" SuperBowl.  This year! The practice squad is where they develop, on the field is where they will shine like the shine has never shone before. oh yeah, it's preseason.  *Tucks sheets and goes back to sleep*
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 02:45 PM)jason Wrote: I think he scores a TD in the Bears game if Dalton makes that throw instead of Barkley.

I think Ross will be fine. I wasn't a fan of the pick, but I think his rookie year just gave us all the yips.

:andy:

(08-19-2018, 02:59 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I agree with this except the highlighted part, I am a mortal.  The older I get, the more I want a playoff win and another "Boomer/Anderson" SuperBowl.  This year! The practice squad is where they develop, on the field is where they will shine like the shine has never shone before. oh yeah, it's preseason.  *Tucks sheets and goes back to sleep*

Yeah, hope all of this comes together sooner rather than later. The new coaches, Price, Glenn, Ross, Mixon etc.

But we obviously need to get that RT spot solidified so Dalton CAN go deep if we need to.

I also agree with Whacked that we should do more of the short quick dump offs but hell, we just did one against
the Cowboys yesterday to Uzomah and it went for a big gain. The TE screens have always seemed to work for us.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 02:59 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I agree with this except the highlighted part, I am a mortal.  The older I get, the more I want a playoff win and another "Boomer/Anderson" SuperBowl.  This year! The practice squad is where they develop, on the field is where they will shine like the shine has never shone before. oh yeah, it's preseason.  *Tucks sheets and goes back to sleep*

After reading this, I have the image in my mind of Steven Wright in Half Baked where he finally gets off the couch and speaks. 
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 02:10 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Ross didn’t score a touchdown people.   Ugh.   He’s so damn fast n quick I still think he has potential but he looks raw as hell out in the field

???
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 03:39 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: After reading this, I have the image in my mind of Steven Wright in Half Baked where he finally gets off the couch and speaks. 

Lmao! One of the funniest movies of all time. Hilarious

(08-19-2018, 04:26 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: ???

He is right, it was a 2 point conversion. Ross has still yet to score a TD. Shouldn't be long though.

Hopefully this week against the Bills and starts getting into the Zone.
Reply/Quote
Meh 2 points/6 points the ball was still caught in the end zone in a high pressure situation.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 05:32 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Meh 2 points/6 points the ball was still caught in the end zone in a high pressure situation.

And caught with a big hit imminent and held onto after the big hit was delivered.  That kind of catch is a big confidence builder.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 06:17 PM)McC Wrote: And caught with a big hit imminent and held onto after the big hit was delivered.  That kind of catch is a big confidence builder.

Exactly... Ross got tagged and held onto the ball.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 10:21 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: While we saw John Ross be a big dummy last night, 

We did?  Were we watching the same game?
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 05:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lmao! One of the funniest movies of all time. Hilarious

He is right, it was a 2 point conversion. Ross has still yet to score a TD. Shouldn't be long though.

Hopefully this week against the Bills and starts getting into the Zone.

Antonio Brown started his career great in every area but one, he did not score TD's early, but he fixed it. Just a tidbit reminder scoring TD's in the NFL is hard for the great ones early in their career at times.

0 Td's year one
2 TD's year 2
5 TD's year 3
8 TD's year 4
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 10:21 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: While we saw John Ross be a big dummy last night, Jake Kumerow is lighting things up for Green Bay. Kumerow sat at the bottom of our rosters for how long?

And this isn't the first offense either. Lewis played an injured Jeremy Hill  over a healthy Rex Burkhead 2 years ago.

The only defense I can see to this is that "but Zo, we have a great receiver corps this year!"

No we don't. We have a bunch of unprovens that have shown flashes in preseason.

Wrong team message board.  The Patriots are the team that released Kumerow before the Packers signed him.  So go to their board and tell them how stupid they are.

Sometimes players just improve or they fit in better in a different scheme.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 11:57 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Antonio Brown started his career great in every area but one, he did not score TD's early, but he fixed it. Just a tidbit reminder scoring TD's in the NFL is hard for the great ones early in their career at times.

0 Td's year one
2 TD's year 2
5 TD's year 3
8 TD's year 4

Good stuff Luvnit and that is the player on the field Ross reminds me of the most, hope he scores more TD's early
than Antonio Brown. John Ross at Washington scored a TD 1 out of every 5 times he touched the ball.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 06:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: John Ross at Washington scored a TD 1 out of every 5 times he touched the ball.

I have a feeling that in college, John Ross knew that when the ball came his way, he was going to catch it and make plays.... no doubt in his mind. Here, he has had doubt, and with each failure that doubt grows. I suspect (and hope) that catching that conversion and holding on to it while getting tagged boosts his confidence and he gets his swag back....
Reply/Quote