Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Bengals should be actively exploring trades...
(10-29-2022, 02:34 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I just read something that they are NOT putting chase on IR bc they think he can potentially heal quicker.

I’m beyond frustrated by how this team handles IR. Mixon 2 years ago was BS.

With this news I doubt we sign anyone. …and that’s fine as long as Higgins and Boyd stay healthy.

Seems dumb to me. Put him on IR. 4 weeks minimum. Don't rush him back. One of the best periods of the seasons to have him rest 4 weeks is Browns, Carolina, Bye, and Steelers. Hopefully 2 if not 3 wins in that span even without him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
For $0 we could let Cam Taylor Britt line up at WR for deep routes.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 02:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They’re in 1st place…

That isn't going to last... Geno Smith is living on borrowed time.

And as I say to Frank below, they are 4-3 and in first due to the rest of the division playing poorly. No one thinks the Seahawks are for real. They've tripped and fallen into wins against some terrible teams like the Broncos, the Lions, and the Cardinals. They have losses to the Saints and the Falcons. They beat the Chargers with no Keenan Allen, no Palmer and no Mike Williams.

They aren't good, they were trying to stockpile picks and fell into wins. Goodwin is still not part of their future plans.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 02:35 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Lmfaooo wowwy

Seattle is not in tank mode at all. Try paying attention to other teams not based in cincinnati

I dont mean to come off as a dick, but that was just a baffling statement. I apologize

They are winning because the Rams look lost, the 49ers are struggling and the Cardinals aren't great.

You don't run Geno Smith out there and trade away your franchise QB for picks if you aren't enteringna rebuild. Do you really think that team scares anyone if they find a way into the playoffs with Geno Smith at QB?

I'm.sure they are happy with the wins but this was a team looking to stockpile draft capital and get younger and Goodwin on his current contract is not part of their future.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 03:13 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Seems dumb to me. Put him on IR. 4 weeks minimum. Don't rush him back. One of the best periods of the seasons to have him rest 4 weeks is Browns, Carolina, Bye, and Steelers. Hopefully 2 if not 3 wins in that span even without him.

IR is for 4 games not 4 weeks. So if they place him on IR he would also have to miss the Tennessee game. This is a supposedly a 4-6 week injury. But they also do not know how Chase heals since he has never really been hurt before. Not placing him on IR makes sense if they truly believe he can play in 4 weeks esp with option of elevating Lassiter or Irwin from the PS for WR depth.

On Monday they will do another x ray and/or MRI. His drs will get a sense of how much healing he has done in a week. They will make the IR decision before game time

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 08:02 AM)pally Wrote: IR is for 4 games not 4 weeks. So if they place him on IR he would also have to miss the Tennessee game. This is a supposedly a 4-6 week injury. But they also do not know how Chase heals since he has never really been hurt before. Not placing him on IR makes sense if they truly believe he can play in 4 weeks esp with option of elevating Lassiter or Irwin from the PS for WR depth.

On Monday they will do another x ray and/or MRI. His drs will get a sense of how much healing he has done in a week. They will make the IR decision before game time

Oh well that rule is ***** dumb. Should change it to weeks
Reply/Quote
Ihmir Smith-Marsette is on the Chiefs practice squad. I'm sure the Bengals had a good look at him during the draft process.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
IMHO the Bengals should always be looking for trades, not just now with the Chase situation.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 11:11 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: And they should make one.

The window to win is right now. They should be trying to buy HARD imo. They could use help at interior DL, corner back.  They could also use another wide receiver for depth.

I get frustrated sometimes that the Bengals are so in love with draft picks. Jackson Carman, Billy Price, Cedric Obghui, John Ross, Drew Sample, etc. are all exhibits of why I would 100% take a known quantity over a lottery ticket.

Make a trade, Bengals. The time has never been more right.

Who are we willing to part with?  Carman?  Ok, we have Sharping ahead of him anyways, but what could you get for him?  Nothing.  I wouldn't trade any of the young pieces at LB or the secondary.  Their ability and affordability will be crucial soon.

I agree with most that Trent Taylor should start at slot and move Boyd outside.  Trent has the most experience and, although he is a little short, he has been good at uncovering quickly and Burrow would probably appreciate a quick target against the Browns pass rush. 

I believe Kendrick Pryor makes the most sense.  I think he is on Jacksonville's PS and could be plucked if offered a roster spot.  Have him ready as a backup should we lose another WR.  If he is on Jax roster, offer a 6th round pick for him.  They would probably jump all over it and you have a quality WR that is on the cheap.  I don't want to hear that he hasn't done anything at Jax.  So what?  We all saw what he did here in this offense with fricking Brandon Allen passing him the ball.  
Reply/Quote
This thread is basically...Hey let's trade for busts or extremely high priced players and hope they come in, learn the playbook, and replace Chase for 4 weeks.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 10:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Who are we willing to part with?  Carman?  Ok, we have Sharping ahead of him anyways, but what could you get for him?  Nothing.  I wouldn't trade any of the young pieces at LB or the secondary.  Their ability and affordability will be crucial soon.

I agree with most that Trent Taylor should start at slot and move Boyd outside.  Trent has the most experience and, although he is a little short, he has been good at uncovering quickly and Burrow would probably appreciate a quick target against the Browns pass rush. 

I believe Kendrick Pryor makes the most sense.  I think he is on Jacksonville's PS and could be plucked if offered a roster spot.  Have him ready as a backup should we lose another WR.  If he is on Jax roster, offer a 6th round pick for him.  They would probably jump all over it and you have a quality WR that is on the cheap.  I don't want to hear that he hasn't done anything at Jax.  So what?  We all saw what he did here in this offense with fricking Brandon Allen passing him the ball.  

Yep. Carman would yield little in a trade.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 06:57 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: You don't run Geno Smith out there and trade away your franchise QB for picks if you aren't enteringna rebuild. Do you really think that team scares anyone if they find a way into the playoffs with Geno Smith at QB?

I understand the point you're trying to make, it is just a strange one at this point in time because Geno has played like a top five QB so far this season. It's also not just because offenses are down across the board, he is just genuinely an incredibly efficient QB through the first seven weeks. I am skeptical that he will keep it up, but we are almost halfway through the season at this point and he is still doing it. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 10:13 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This thread is basically...Hey let's trade for busts or extremely high priced players and hope they come in, learn the playbook, and replace Chase for 4 weeks.

I agree about the high prices but thay can be handled by restructuring contract like Hendrickson that would free up a about 7m and give them 10m in cap space.

As for learning the playbook that's not entirely out of the question either we see players come in and playing the same week of signing because they prepare most of the plays they are going to use that week during walkthroughs. The harder part is being on the same page and building chemistry with the QB as a WR.

I mentioned Ihmir Smith-Marsette as a possible signing he is a 5th round pick from 2021 draft and a deep ball threat. He has had some bad luck this year.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 10:13 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This thread is basically...Hey let's trade for busts or extremely high priced players and hope they come in, learn the playbook, and replace Chase for 4 weeks.

Pray
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 10:07 AM)EatonFan Wrote: IMHO the Bengals should always be looking for trades, not just now with the Chase situation.

Agreed.  If there is someone out there who could help the team or be a solid depth piece they should always be looking.

Especially if the contract they have brings value as well. 

I'd rather they give up a draft pick or cut bait on some existing players that don't hold much value.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 10:18 AM)Synric Wrote: I agree about the high prices but thay can be handled by restructuring contract like Hendrickson that would free up a about 7m and give them 10m in cap space.

As for learning the playbook that's not entirely out of the question either we see players come in and playing the same week of signing because they prepare most of the plays they are going to use that week during walkthroughs. The harder part is being on the same page and building chemistry with the QB as a WR.

I mentioned Ihmir Smith-Marsette as a possible signing he is a 5th round pick from 2021 draft and a deep ball threat. He has had some bad luck this year.

I'm in on the Jeudy or ISM idea. Jeudy can fill the Boyd role next year (if he was cut for cap) and would be worth the 2nd for that reason imo.

For ISM, didn't he have issues with drops coming out of ISU and also drops while in the league so far?
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 04:46 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: For $0 we could let Cam Taylor Britt line up at WR for deep routes.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

With him playing snaps on D and potentially starting if Apple is hurt (with his lack of practicing this week im inferring), do you really want to risk tiring him out even more?
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 03:13 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Seems dumb to me. Put him on IR. 4 weeks minimum. Don't rush him back. One of the best periods of the seasons to have him rest 4 weeks is Browns, Carolina, Bye, and Steelers. Hopefully 2 if not 3 wins in that span even without him.

From my understanding, another issue with IR is you can only have 8 people designated to return over the course or a year. I think we've already used or have plans to be using 5 of them. If they think he can heal during that time maybe they don't want to use up another one of those slots this early in the season. 

They could also be waiting for more information about how severe the injury is before they place him on IR. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 10:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Who are we willing to part with?  Carman?  Ok, we have Sharping ahead of him anyways, but what could you get for him?  Nothing.  I wouldn't trade any of the young pieces at LB or the secondary.  Their ability and affordability will be crucial soon.

Since it is just a 4-6 week injury there really is nobody I would part with that would bring value. You're right, nobody is anteing up for Carman. 

But if it was the season I would trade Bates in a second. We will be parting ways with him at the seasons end and getting nothing in return anyway.

In fact would be shopping him Jesse. Basically Bates is a rental for Bengals and believe there are better rental options available on the market like DE Bradley Chubb.  

With you that Pryor would already know the playbook and can be had for free by just claiming and signing to a contract well within the Bengals available cap space. Makes sense. 

Would also put Chase on IR and wait until the Chiefs game to see if he is ready. The combination of Burrow and Chase is too important to the Bengals future to rush him back in 4 weeks imo. They're saying 4-6 weeks, so there are 3 possible scenarios,
4 weeks, 5 weeks, or 6 weeks, per doctors. Two out of the three possibilities are past the IR length of 4 games anyway..

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 11:11 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Since it is just a 4-6 week injury there really is nobody I would part with that would bring value. You're right, nobody is anteing up for Carman. 

But if it was the season I would trade Bates in a second. We will be parting ways with him at the seasons end and getting nothing in return anyway.

In fact would be shopping him Jesse. Basically Bates is a rental for Bengals and believe there are better rental options available on the market like DE Bradley Chubb.  

With you that Pryor would already know the playbook and can be had for free by just claiming and signing to a contract well within the Bengals available cap space. Makes sense. 

Would also put Chase on IR and wait until the Chiefs game to see if he is ready. The combination of Burrow and Chase is too important to the Bengals future to rush him back in 4 weeks imo. They're saying 4-6 weeks, so there are 3 possible scenarios,
4 weeks, 5 weeks, or 6 weeks, per doctors. Two out of the three possibilities are past the IR length of 4 games anyway..

4 weeks= 3 games Cleveland, Carolina, Bye, Steelers

5 weeks=4 games Cleveland, Carolina, Bye, Steelers, Tennessee

Kendrick Pryor is on the Jaguars 53 man roster. He would have to be traded for...and he is not worth giving up a draft pick for

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote