Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals tackling is still atrocious
The Bengals rarely take down a ball carrier with one man and almost every time that one man does make the tackle, the ball carrier still falls forward for a few yards. The 4 yard loss, ooops missed tackle by ADG, was now only a 1 yard loss which is standard in Cincinnati. Hit them straight on . . . watch them fall forward for three yards. You can't play football as if you are afraid of getting hurt . . . that's usually when you get hurt. The Bengals defenders play like they don't want to get hurt and also like they are afraid of hurting the opponent.

The Bengals are like a "learn on the job" program instituted by the NFL. If the Bengals were to split up at the end of the season and the other NFL teams got to pick through their players, I'm guessing more than half of the team would have to play in the CFL if they wanted to continue their career. I doubt Finely makes an XFL roster.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Looks like how they are all being taught. They all are tackling high, trying to go for the ball and letting them fall forward 6 yards or just completing whiffing. Thats coaching.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 09:05 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Looks like how they are all being taught. They all are tackling high, [Image: information.png]trying to go for the ball and letting them fall forward 6 yards or just completing whiffing. Thats coaching.

and occasionally going so low the ball carrier can step over them.  Generally not a good think to try and tackle at ankle level.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It was mentioned in the broadcast that the Bengals are the worst team in averaging yards after contact in the nfl.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
What kills me about the piss poor tackling is you can't blame it on one coach. This was an issue the entire time Marvin was here (with the exception of the Zimmer years, if I remember correctly), and it is still an issue now. How is it, that we hire DC or defensive coaches that come in and can not just teach the basic fundamentals of tackling?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
To tackle correctly one must first be in position to do so and the current defensive scheme makes me shake my head. The defensive line stinks badly so one would think the linebackers would play in the gaps more often but unfortunately that’s not the case at all.

Instead, they play five yards behind the line so when runners inevitably break through the line they carry lots of momentum and knock the Bengal linebackers right on their butts or juke sideways so the linebackers can make arm tackles at best.

Have you ever noticed members of the Bengals’ secondary often make tackles against running backs? This is why.
Reply/Quote
According to the broadcasters they have second most missed tackles in the league.They’ve been doing this all year.This deep into the season it seems like they would have gotten better by now.To much reaching for the ball carrier,and arm tackling.They need to lower their shoulder pads and put the guy on the ground.If they were to resolve this issue,then instead of being ranked 26 overall on defense,they might possibly be in the top 15.Frustrating.
Reply/Quote
Part of the tackling problem is them losing to injury a lot of the players they brought in expressly to improve tackling but a lot is poor coaching and Lou's goofy glue "scheme" which does nothing but put players out of position and confuses everyone.
Reply/Quote