Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Big Divide Between Biden and Trump Supporters
(05-26-2024, 12:21 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: As Bel stated this quickly devolved into my side good, other side stupid.  I would like to point out that Trump is not the disease, he's a symptom of the disease.  That disease being that people have lost faith in the idea that the government cares about or even considers their best interests.  Trump represents the anger with a system that is slowly grinding away the middle class that is an absolute necessity for a functioning liberal (in the classic sense of the word) democracy.  This is why Biden is losing right now.  He can harp away at job numbers and the GDP but the cost of living has skyrocketed under his administration and his answer is either the above or "it's Trump's fault."

Trump represents a repudiation of the political norm, for good and ill.  I completely understand why many despise him, but I also understand why many absolutely love him.  And it has nothing to do with being an ignorant chud, a racist or a fascist.

Believe it or not, I agree he is the symptom.  But, he does nothing to try and change the paradigm.  In fact, he goes out of his way to exacerbate the divide.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 01:03 PM)pally Wrote: Believe it or not, I agree he is the symptom.  But, he does nothing to try and change the paradigm.  In fact, he goes out of his way to exacerbate the divide.

I don't disagree, but it's irrelevant to the point being made.  He doesn't have to fix anything, or even try to, for people to still see what they see in him. 

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2024, 01:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't disagree, but it's irrelevant to the point being made.  He doesn't have to fix anything, or even try to, for people to still see what they see in him. 

and that is why he needs to be stopped by people who do see him for what he is

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2024, 06:31 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I recognize Memorial Day by defending the tenets of our democracy. The ones that those who fought in many of our wars died to protect. I tend to think that defending the ideals that our nation was founded on, that the colonial militias fought to bring to our nation, by discussing the threats we are facing in the modern era is a far better way to honor their sacrifices than grilling some hot dogs and burgers. But that's just me.

And again, I will say that my position on the MAGA movement is not one of condescension, but rather disgust. I don't consider myself better than anyone because we are all equal in the eyes of The Creator, whomever or whatever you believe that to be. I just find it disgusting that so many are willing to abandon the principles this nation was founded on. But I still have brotherly love for everyone, which is why I will never give up my efforts to discuss it.

We all celebrate & remember those who sacrificed for this great country in our own ways. Whether that be in celebration with family & friends together or in solemn remembrance standing graveside. Both of those are important. Even more so in our current world. That's what I believe. To each his own.

It would be a welcome change if any/all criticisms of the current president & party in change weren't met with instant MAGA MAGA MAGA associations/innuendos & definitive fear mongering if Biden isn't re-elected. That was the intent of my previous post. So frustrating being stuck here in the middle forced into voting for the lesser of 2 terrible choices neither of which are the sole guardians of those principals that you refer to & that we all hold dear. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote