Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Board seems sort of 'ho hum'
(01-08-2016, 04:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I've felt like this team was special, all the way back in the preseason.  They're no longer that young, raw, talented group that takes it's lumps when push comes to shove.  They are a seasoned group with leaders on both sides of the ball, all across the roster.  Save for Center and OLB, there really aren't many weak spots to target on this team.

I actually was a little concerned in Preseason but the Raiders game really shown me this team was special.

Lots of people were saying the Raiders were just that bad but i knew they were an up and coming team.

To go into their house and just completely dismantle them like that gave me high hopes from the beginning of the season.

Right now i agree with you, this team looks very seasoned and experienced. If we can just not shoot ourselves in the foot
with penalties i really like our chances tomorrow night. There are so many weaknesses on the Steelers that we can take
advantage of right now with our strengths.
Reply/Quote
Even though there is still the doubtful side, for the most part I am feeling confident we will win this. I know we can and think it is time we finally get that playoff win.

I'll be in the GameDay thread and I apologize now for any outbursts.

Who Dey!!!!!!
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 01:29 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Hope it is just the calm before the storm.

We playing our rivals in the playoffs tomorrow. And we gonna beat 'em with what we have to work with.

[Image: 1001621_560406364011572_715917055_n.jpg]

Nerves! for me
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 04:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I actually was a little concerned in Preseason but the Raiders game really shown me this team was special.

Lots of people were saying the Raiders were just that bad but i knew they were an up and coming team.

To go into their house and just completely dismantle them like that gave me high hopes from the beginning of the season.

Right now i agree with you, this team looks very seasoned and experienced. If we can just not shoot ourselves in the foot
with penalties i really like our chances tomorrow night. There are so many weaknesses on the Steelers that we can take
advantage of right now with our strengths.

Yeah, my brother is a Raiders fan, he was bummed about that game.  He's also a Louisville fan....he said something like "my seasons are over before they got started".  I told him then that either team could rebound, and the Raiders are finally playing with heart.  He said, maybe y'all are just that good.....these days, he rolls with the latter. Cool

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 05:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, my brother is a Raiders fan, he was bummed about that game.  He's also a Louisville fan....he said something like "my seasons are over before they got started".  I told him then that either team could rebound, and the Raiders are finally playing with heart.  He said, maybe y'all are just that good.....these days, he rolls with the latter. Cool

Yes, he is correct to roll that way ha.
Reply/Quote
I feel like all that needs to be said has been said. I've analyzed it on here and had lengthy discussions about the game with friends. I'm just ready for the game to begin and ready to whoop on some Steeler ass! Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 01:41 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Game Day Thread will get ugly tommorrow. No matter the outcome.

You have been right on today...........!!!

You spelled tomorrow wrong... Don't worry I am an English Teacher.  It is my job...    Seriously you are right about No matter the outcome..............!!
Reply/Quote
I'm to the point where the analysis and projection is done. It's just time to see what happens.
Reply/Quote
Yeah I don't know how it's gonna happen but I feel good about a win. I was listening to Jeff Saturday and Teddy Bruschi talk about the year the Colts finally beat the Patriots and went on to win the Super Bowl. They both just agreed that collectively as a team the Colts had had enough of losing against those guys and physically decided it do something about it. I've got that feeling about these Bengals, they've had enough and are ready to physically and mentally do something about it
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 06:22 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: I'm to the point where the analysis and projection is done.  It's just time to see what happens.

Pshaw, we still have 28 hours to kill before the game...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
"You know where you are? You in the Jungle, baby! You gonna die!"

[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 06:55 PM)Bengalzona Wrote:

[Image: post-63388-Blues-Brothers-Jake-upvote-yes-kLau.gif]

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 03:44 PM)sonofstat Wrote: Starting to get nervous now but with that is coming the optimism too....!!

The game will not kick off until 01:15 Sunday morning here in the U.K so its going to be a looooonnnnnngggg day tomorrow waiting. If I get too hyper now I'll smashing the house up come the early hours of Sunday morning  Tongue

Much bettee kick off time here in Australia. Midday on Sunday kick off here, that makes up for the 5am monday morning that the majority of our games kick off at.
Reply/Quote
Rock On

Oh and BTW MJD said we are the most complete team in the league over the Cards on NFL.com
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 06:59 PM)Wyche Wrote: [Image: post-63388-Blues-Brothers-Jake-upvote-yes-kLau.gif]

They gonna feel our serpentine!!!

Ooo.... I wanna watch them bleed!!!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 07:02 PM)AussieBengal Wrote: Much bettee kick off time here in Australia. Midday on Sunday kick off here, that makes up for the 5am monday morning that the majority of our games kick off at.

5 am Monday frickin' mornin! Shocked

Damn, feel for yah man.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 07:03 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: They gonna feel our serpentine!!!

Ooo.... I wanna watch them bleed!!!

Welcome to the jungle it gets worse here every day

Ya learn to live like an animal in the jungle where we play

If you hunger for what you see you'll take it eventually

You can have everything you want but you better not take it from me

Reply/Quote
PUMPED!!! Rock On
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 04:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm with you guys and I rarely feel confident going into a playoff game. StoneTheCrow is right though. Hope makes it sting when/if the fail.

@Zona: I think it's just the calm before the storm. We had 443 people viewing JN when I logged in on Sunday. I expect far more than that on Saturday.

I also feel extremely confident.
Reply/Quote
Highlights of both Bengals/Steelers games:

If not for 2 McCarron INTs that gave Pittsburgh 14 easy points, it would've been a 20-19 win. I have a feeling McCarron will play better this time.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote