Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 best Red Zone weapons on this team?
I'm wondering who are 5 best red zone weapons are on this offense. Those 5 players should be on the field with Dalton & the O-Line when we're in the red zone.

Obviously Green & Eifert are the top two. I'd put Gio 3rd, and Boyd 4th (which might be pushing it now, but he will grow into this role as the year progresses). 5th, I'd say at this point, until Cody Core is ready, we have to go with either Kroft or Uzomah. I don't think Kroft is fully healthy yet, and I'm a bit concerned about Uzomah's dropsies, but he has shown some production so far this year.

So imagine those 5 in the Red Zone, with Gio in the backfield, Green & Boyd Outside, and Eifert & Uzomah lined up at double TEs. Lots of versatility here, you can run to Gio with 2 TEs blocking, you can split one or more TE or Gio outside, and attack a lot of different ways.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 11:33 PM)MaineBengal Wrote: I'm wondering who are 5 best red zone weapons are on this offense. Those 5 players should be on the field with Dalton & the O-Line when we're in the red zone.

Obviously Green & Eifert are the top two. I'd put Gio 3rd, and Boyd 4th (which might be pushing it now, but he will grow into this role as the year progresses). 5th, I'd say at this point, until Cody Core is ready, we have to go with either Kroft or Uzomah. I don't think Kroft is fully healthy yet, and I'm a bit concerned about Uzomah's dropsies, but he has shown some production so far this year.

So imagine those 5 in the Red Zone, with Gio in the backfield, Green & Boyd Outside, and Eifert & Uzomah lined up at double TEs. Lots of versatility here, you can run to Gio with 2 TEs blocking, you can split one or more TE or Gio outside, and attack a lot of different ways.

I would replace Hill with Gio honestly. Gio doesn't get too many TDs deep in the redzone. Most of the TDs he gets is from a 10+ yard gain.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 11:33 PM)MaineBengal Wrote: I'm wondering who are 5 best red zone weapons are on this offense. Those 5 players should be on the field with Dalton & the O-Line when we're in the red zone.

Wow. Hill has the most rushing TDs in the league over the last two years and you leave him off you list.

What's odd is that Zampese seems to have forgotten him as well. Zampese also seems to have forgotten that AJ is on the team when we get down close. AJ can out jump most any DB around.

I'd like to point out that Gio had a whopping 18 yards on 10 carries last night. In case anyone is counting those average yards per carry.

Reply/Quote
True on Hill. 1st & goal inside the 5, I want Hill & Hewitt in for sure.

Thinking of Gio in the passing game mostly....
Reply/Quote
Nick Vigil hands down, he is all of the 5 best.
Reply/Quote
Fisher Ninja
Reply/Quote
1.) Eifert
2.) Eifert
3.) Eifert
4.) Eifert
5.) Eifert
Reply/Quote
The 5 best red zone weapons are the 5 offensive linemen. Right now theyre working things out.
Reply/Quote
1. Tyler Eifert
2. Andy Dalton
3. Domata Peko
4. Jake Fisher
5. Ryan Hewitt
Reply/Quote
The amount if hate for Hill still shocks me.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote