Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bodine Witch Hunt
If it makes anyone feel better, they're trying fisher out at center.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 09:29 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: If it makes anyone feel better, they're trying fisher out at center.

It does, but anyone who expects anyone to replace Bodine in 2016 are going to be disappointed. Neither Fisher nor Westerman has played C prior, so they will need (at least) a year of learning the position before either could become a quality starting C.

As many others (including myself) have said though, this is a make or break year for Bodine. If he struggles yet again, he could find himself riding the pine pony in 2017, a contract year for him.

At the end of the day, we all just want better play from the C position. Whether it's Bodine, Westerman, Fisher, or whoever...it doesn't really matter.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 09:29 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: If it makes anyone feel better, they're trying fisher out at center.
Doing this and drafting Westerman, subtle hints to Bodine that he needs to get his shit together.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 12:16 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Doing this and drafting Westerman, subtle hints to Bodine that he needs to get his shit together.

Agree with this, but I think it's also a way for the coaches to get him on the field.

Our OL for this upcoming season looks like this: Whit-Boling-Bodine-Zeitler-Ogbuehi

Going into 2017, Ced should slide over to LT and Boling will remain at LG. Zeitler should get extended, but I can see the team using Fisher and Westerman as insurance in case Zeitler wants too much money. Fisher will likely play whatever spot is open in 2017.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Yeah, makes me feel better.

(05-10-2016, 10:59 AM)ochocincos Wrote: It does, but anyone who expects anyone to replace Bodine in 2016 are going to be disappointed. Neither Fisher nor Westerman has played C prior, so they will need (at least) a year of learning the position before either could become a quality starting C.

As many others (including myself) have said though, this is a make or break year for Bodine. If he struggles yet again, he could find himself riding the pine pony in 2017, a contract year for him.

At the end of the day, we all just want better play from the C position. Whether it's Bodine, Westerman, Fisher, or whoever...it doesn't really matter.

Probably correct.

(05-10-2016, 12:16 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Doing this and drafting Westerman, subtle hints to Bodine that he needs to get his shit together.

Tell that to PA. I sure hope you are right but until our OL coach seriously wants competition with Bodine i am not holding my breath.

Sounds like all this is just insurance in case Bodine gets injured to me.

(05-10-2016, 04:16 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Agree with this, but I think it's also a way for the coaches to get him on the field.

Our OL for this upcoming season looks like this: Whit-Boling-Bodine-Zeitler-Ogbuehi

Going into 2017, Ced should slide over to LT and Boling will remain at LG. Zeitler should get extended, but I can see the team using Fisher and Westerman as insurance in case Zeitler wants too much money. Fisher will likely play whatever spot is open in 2017.

No matter how old he is, until Whit starts to fall off we cannot forget about him.

He is playing better now than he ever has and that is saying something.
Reply/Quote
Here's my theory...

Alexander convinced Mike Brown to trade up for Bodine (Which he doesn't usually do.) and he's trying to save face for making a poor decision that was on him.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 09:05 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Here's my theory...

Alexander convinced Mike Brown to trade up for Bodine (Which he doesn't usually do.) and he's trying to save face for making a poor decision that was on him.

Boy you had to dig deep for this one, but appropriate.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2016, 02:12 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Boy you had to dig deep for this one, but appropriate.

It was drunken wisdom. LOL
Reply/Quote
I want to give you negative rep for bringing this back, but since I can't, here's some positive rep for bringing this back.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2016, 02:00 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I want to give you negative rep for bringing this back, but since I can't, here's some positive rep for bringing this back.

Thanks man!
Reply/Quote