Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bodine Witch Hunt
(04-30-2016, 06:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This shows precisely why we need a new OL coach.

He is not open to criticism of the biggest weakness on the team cause he is failing to bring him around.

That's how I took it also.  He stood on the table and jumped up and down for Bodine and now looks like a fool.  I'm hoping Russell proves us all wrong.  I really am, but I just don't see it.  I don't care how many times you can bench 225.  If you can't move a car in gear with your legs and butt, you likely can't play in the NFL and it doesn't seem like he has that kind of strength. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 07:55 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: He was butthurt when everyone was clamoring for Cook to start at Center. He got all defensive just like today. Im 100% sure I'm right because that exact situation is when I started hating Alexander.

so you are saying he had a bias and got defensive ... well i guess the same can be said for you if you started hating Alexander, with that bias how would you ever accept anything he says now
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 07:53 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Bullshit is trying to know what coaches see everyday

Do you see anything with your own eyes or do you just trust what someone tells you Essex?

(04-30-2016, 07:55 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: He was butthurt when everyone was clamoring for Cook to start at Center. He got all defensive just like today. Im 100% sure I'm right because that exact situation is when I started hating Alexander.

So damn true.

Don't want to sound sour guys cause this is the best draft ever but if you don't use the players you
draft well it is extremely frustrating to me. PA has gotten under my skin for awhile though. We all know
this i am sure.

Love this Draft. Great.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 08:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Do you see anything with your own eyes or do you just trust what someone tells you Essex?

So damn true.

Don't want to sound sour guys cause this is the best draft ever but if you don't use the players you
draft well it is extremely frustrating to me. PA has gotten under my skin for awhile though. We all know
this i am sure.

Love this Draft. Great.

Obviously i see better than you....  Wink
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 08:00 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: That's how I took it also.  He stood on the table and jumped up and down for Bodine and now looks like a fool.  I'm hoping Russell proves us all wrong.  I really am, but I just don't see it.  I don't care how many times you can bench 225.  If you can't move a car in gear with your legs and butt, you likely can't play in the NFL and it doesn't seem like he has that kind of strength. 

You have common sense SHRacerX
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 08:03 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Obviously i see better than you....  Wink

Okay, thats cool...

BILLINGS!!! Rock On
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 07:05 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: this is why you let coaches coach actually, they know alot more about players than we do, Alexander has done a solid job as line coach especially during our playoff run.... he knows Bodine better than anyone and im sure if he thought Bodine was so terrible as some make him out to be.. it would be different.  I will trust his judgement on Bodine and im sure if he does regress, they will start to look in a different direction

No offense, but with the weapons that need covered by opposing defenses, and the fact that every other starter on that line (and the first guy off the bench) were either first or second round selections (only Boling was a 4th rounder) tells me the front office has invested heavily in the offensive line and Alexander needs to get them to run block a whole lot better.  They are asked to hold their pass blocks the shortest amount of time in the league (or one of the shortest) as well.  

I'm not piling on Alexander, and I am not a part of any "witch hunt" (what a douche), but I really think it is childish to react in such an inflammatory manner to such a question.  As Marvin likes to say: "I see better than I hear", so show us this third year pro surrounded by elite talent making strides this year and it will all go away and we have a 5th rounder that can provide security in the event of any injuries in the middle of the line.  
Reply/Quote
Hopefully Bodine plays better this year. And it isnt just us fans that have been critical of Bodine, because using words like 'witch hunt' implies there are media folks that were openly critical as well (which quite a few were).

Personally unless he juices up or hgh's is it up, I dont see how he will magically ''be a hell of a player''. Best at this point is to hope he will avoid mental mistakes while not getting beat on the pass rush. And even though Zeitler made a few mistakes last year as did Boling, Bodine just stood out a lot more it seemed. And that isnt good for the 2nd most important spot on the line.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 08:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Don't want to sound sour guys cause this is the best draft ever but if you don't use the players you
draft well it is extremely frustrating to me. PA has gotten under my skin for awhile though. 

All PA has done is 

Never had a high pick flop.

Developed multiple middle round picks into solid starters.

So, screw him, right?
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 08:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: All PA has done is 

So, screw him, right?

Give the guy a medal Fred!!!
Reply/Quote
It sounds to me that PA just got tired of the media trying to stir up drama and controversy by repeatedly asking the same question. It's a given that there is always competition for spots on an NFL team. PA knows that, Bodine knows that, and the media does, too. Maybe he defended Bodine a little overzealously, but I would rather that than a coach who doesn't stand up for his players.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 07:43 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Alexander can't accept that one of his guys may actually suck. If he had his way Ghuicic would still be snapping the ball.

With Nate Livings at LG and Dennis Roland at RT.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 08:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Give the guy a medal Fred!!!

Well he was the only O-line coach in the entire league who got a feature story written about him this year in Sports Illustrated.  That is not the same as a medal, but it is just another way to recognize his excellence.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 08:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: All PA has done is 

So, screw him, right?

It's arguable about the never had a high pick flop. Andre Smith was the 6th overall pick and was good for about 1-2 years out of 7 and dumpster fire for like 3-4 years out of 7... that's certainly in flop territory for the 6th overall pick.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 08:30 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: With Nate Livings at LG and Dennis Roland at RT.
Rock On

There is a great OL for yah.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 08:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Well he was the only O-line coach in the entire league who got a feature story written about him this year in Sports Illustrated.  That is not the same as a medal, but it is just another way to recognize his excellence.

Now he is excellent. Wow. Shocked
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 08:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Now he is excellent. Wow. Shocked

According to Sports Illustrated and many other experts around the league.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 08:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: According to Sports Illustrated and many other experts around the league.

AKA the magazine nobody really cares about anymore until it's time for women to be in bikinis and paint.

[Image: kate-upton-in-sports-illustrated-2014-sw...ssue_8.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 08:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: AKA the magazine nobody really cares about anymore until it's time for women to be in bikinis and paint.

[Image: kate-upton-in-sports-illustrated-2014-sw...ssue_8.jpg]

There we are...

CALL HOLIC IN SOMEONE!
Reply/Quote
For one he was a fourth round pick. Not many fourth round picks are expected to come in and start right away and excel. Especially in the AFC North. He was thrown into the fire. And has started and played in every game possible.
For two. The dude is 23. Straight young buck. Hasn't even developed his man strength. He will be 25 when his rookie contract ends. He is younger than some guys that got drafted the last few days.

There are first round and top 10 offensive linemen that totally blow. We got Bodine late and threw him to the wolves. Dude is growing. I haven't given up on him.
Reply/Quote