Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Breaking Bad/Walking Dead Rumor
I found this entertaining, even if I don't altogether buy into it:

http://www.businessinsider.com/netflix-claims-breaking-bad-is-a-prequel-to-the-walking-dead-2016-11

The theory is that Breaking Bad was a prequel to the Walking Dead. Basically, that Walter White's Blue-Sky Meth created the initial zombies.

Has anyone heard this? What are your thoughts?
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 10:23 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I found this entertaining, even if I don't altogether buy into it:

http://www.businessinsider.com/netflix-claims-breaking-bad-is-a-prequel-to-the-walking-dead-2016-11

The theory is that Breaking Bad was a prequel to the Walking Dead. Basically, that Walter White's Blue-Sky Meth created the initial zombies.

I hope not.  Breaking Bad stands so well on it's own in terms of storytelling that I'd hate to soil it by linking it to another pop culture phenomenon.  It was so damn perfect with it's timing and restraint.  Sure, it had it's moments of over-the top violence, but I don't think its the same sort of show as TWD or Game of Thrones where it's just about killing people that the audience doesn't think have a shot at being killed.  It was much less of a fantasy.  It was a trip through hell with a very sympathetic character who transfroms into a monster due to things that can happen to anyone in a bad situation. BB also maintains a dark sense of humor that lightens things while Mr Wizard is turning into El Chapo. It's a television masterpiece of the highest form IMO  TWD is far from that.  It makes people want to watch and provides drama, but the multilayered complexity is not on the level of BB and all of it's brilliant writing and acting performances. Yeah, I'm a snob, lol.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 10:23 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I found this entertaining, even if I don't altogether buy into it:

Well the comics debuted 5 years before Breaking Bad. I get that it's a fan theory, but even still it has some holes. The issue is global and everyone turns when they die, not just when they are bit. Kirkman says he knows what it is, but he has no interest in ever revealing it, unless he is old and broke and needs to write a book for cash.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Blue-sky Meth, Daryl/Jesse and Glen Car connections are interesting, but nowhere near conclusive.

The Gus Fring Zombie theory is ludicrous, IMO.

Still, it is entertaining to thnk about.
Reply/Quote
no connections in my opinion other than they were both on AMC
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2016, 03:22 AM)samhain Wrote: I hope not.  Breaking Bad stands so well on it's own in terms of storytelling that I'd hate to soil it by linking it to another pop culture phenomenon.  It was so damn perfect with it's timing and restraint.  Sure, it had it's moments of over-the top violence, but I don't think its the same sort of show as TWD or Game of Thrones where it's just about killing people that the audience doesn't think have a shot at being killed.  It was much less of a fantasy.  It was a trip through hell with a very sympathetic character who transfroms into a monster due to things that can happen to anyone in a bad situation.  BB also maintains a dark sense of humor that lightens things while Mr Wizard is turning into El Chapo.  It's a television masterpiece of the highest form IMO  TWD is far from that.  It makes people want to watch and provides drama, but the multilayered complexity is not on the level of BB and all of it's brilliant writing and acting performances.  Yeah, I'm a snob, lol.

Yeah. BB is the superior show, IMO.
Reply/Quote