Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bright Side of COVID 45
I am spending A LOT less money.

Between gas for commute, occasional lunch out at work, occasional vending machine run, dry cleaning etc., I never really noticed how much all those small things add up. Going to have a nice little chunk of change when this is all over to do something with.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-25-2020, 09:29 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I am spending A LOT less money.

Between gas for commute, occasional lunch out at work, occasional vending machine run, dry cleaning etc., I never really noticed how much all those small things add up. Going to have a nice little chunk of change when this is all over to do something with.

Yeah, I've dropped over $1000 at the fly shop as I've taken up fly tying and been fishing a ton. LOL
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(04-25-2020, 09:37 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, I've dropped over $1000 at the fly shop as I've taken up fly tying and been fishing a ton. LOL
This ain't gonna sound good, but if it weren't for having a 9 month old at home I totally would have blown a bunch of this money on golf or something by now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-11-2020, 09:08 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Gasoline prices and usage

Take it from someone in a refinery - that is going to bite us all in the ass HARD.
(04-30-2020, 10:22 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Take it from someone in a refinery - that is going to bite us all in the ass HARD.

How so?
(04-30-2020, 11:29 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How so?

Refineries all over the world have slowed production of everything that isn't diesel and chemicals for plastic. So when we get to the other side of this pandemic and people start driving again, refineries are gonna be behind the 8-ball in terms of production versus demand. It'll be the gas crisis all over again for awhile.

Now I know you're gonna say 'BPK, we have a lot of refineries - they'll catch up quick'. Except we won't have a bunch of refineries if this drags on, because they will start shutting down (my refinery is currently losing $1 million a week just keeping the lights on and selling diesel and the relatively few by-products of producing that).

Enjoy the gas while you can - I know I'm gonna hold on to my receipt of $.36 a gallon gas to keep me warm when the prices surge to the teens and twenties a gallon.