Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Brown family was on vacation before the trade deadline...
Not sure if this has been mentioned (apologies if it has), but I just find this astounding. Not that I'm surprised by the laziness and apathy of the Bengals Front Office, but I constantly have to remind myself that we're talking about a professional sports franchise here.

Quote:CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora reported on Wednesday that "some key members of the Brown family were on vacation in Switzerland" before the deadline, which definitely isn't an ideal time to be taking a vacation if you work in an NFL front office.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/andy-dalton-calls-out-bengals-over-timing-of-benching-was-hoping-to-get-traded-before-deadline/

I mean, even if you plan on being inactive at the deadline, shouldn't all hands be on deck in case you receive a great offer?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
A skiing vacation for the Brown family? How appropriate! Like the Bengals, skiing is all about going downhill.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 08:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not sure if this has been mentioned (apologies if it has), but I just find this astounding. Not that I'm surprised by the laziness and apathy of the Bengals Front Office, but I constantly have to remind myself that we're talking about a professional sports franchise here.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/andy-dalton-calls-out-bengals-over-timing-of-benching-was-hoping-to-get-traded-before-deadline/

I mean, even if you plan on being inactive at the deadline, shouldn't all hands be on deck in case you receive a great offer?

You can still get calls, emails, and texts on vacations.

It doesn't matter where you're at, you can sign a deal and return it in an instant on a smartphone.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 09:17 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: You can still get calls, emails, and texts on vacations.

It doesn't matter where you're at, you can sign a deal and return it in an instant on a smartphone.

That’s certainly true but I highly suspect the Brown family still uses pagers, beepers, and telegrams. I hear they owned the last passenger pigeon.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 09:23 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s certainly true but I highly suspect the Brown family still uses pagers, beepers, and telegrams.  I hear they owned the last passenger pigeon.

Damn kids, taking all the good owls, making normal folk have to use pigeons.

[Image: 2000?cb=20161121044636]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 09:23 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s certainly true but I highly suspect the Brown family still uses pagers, beepers, and telegrams.  I hear they owned the last passenger pigeon.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 09:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Damn kids, taking all the good owls, making normal folk have to use pigeons.

[Image: 2000?cb=20161121044636]

Speaking of owls, I got in trouble with the lovely Mrs. FIK at the Cincinnati Zoo once. I spotted two owls sitting on a branch and said, “Now that’s an impressive set of hooters.”
Reply/Quote
As long as Duke & Taylor were there was there then who cares? It's a non story
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 08:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not sure if this has been mentioned (apologies if it has), but I just find this astounding. Not that I'm surprised by the laziness and apathy of the Bengals Front Office, but I constantly have to remind myself that we're talking about a professional sports franchise here.

One word sums
This article up about the Browns.... priorities!
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 08:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not sure if this has been mentioned (apologies if it has), but I just find this astounding. Not that I'm surprised by the laziness and apathy of the Bengals Front Office, but I constantly have to remind myself that we're talking about a professional sports franchise here.

We're in 'Win Now' mode. Can't be bothered with making trades!
Reply/Quote
Who cares? I take vacations all the time when I'm royally sucking at my job!
Reply/Quote

Nerd alert:  The last known live passenger pigeon (named Martha) died at the Cincinnati zoo in 1914.  In 1918, the last known living Carolina parakeet (named Incas) perished at the zoo also.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 08:40 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: A skiing vacation for the Brown family?

Which members exactly, do you think were able to ski?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Idk why but that's the last straw. I'm out boys. It's been real. See yah when Mike Brown dies.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It's not like it is football season or anything. Who wants to take a summer vacation when you can go out of town at the end of October?
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 11:00 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Idk why but that's the last straw. I'm out boys. It's been real. See yah when Mike Brown dies.

I’m not a fan of the Bengals anymore until he dies either but for some reason I’m still lingering around here, you probably will too!
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 11:00 PM)Destro Wrote: It's not like it is football season or anything. Who wants to take a summer vacation when you can go out of town at the end of October?

They got a cheaper deal on the vacation.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 10:27 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Nerd alert:  The last known live passenger pigeon (named Martha) died at the Cincinnati zoo in 1914.  In 1918, the last known living Carolina parakeet (named Incas) perished at the zoo also.

Lesson to birds, avoid the Cincy zoo.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 09:23 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s certainly true but I highly suspect the Brown family still uses pagers, beepers, and telegrams. I hear they owned the last passenger pigeon.

Word is that Pigeon went missing around the same time the AJ McCarron deal fell through with Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 11:00 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Idk why but that's the last straw. I'm out boys. It's been real. See yah when Mike Brown dies.

Not sure why everyone says this. Mike Brown can die 5 times and nothing will change. If Katie was going to drastically change things I’m sure she would have persuaded the old man on a few things by now. She is a chip off the ole block. Nothing will change as long as anyone in that family owns this team period.

Unless the genius gene skips a generation we are screwed. Hell may even be worse if that’s even possible.
Reply/Quote