Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Brown family was on vacation before the trade deadline...
This story is just ridiculous. 3 days before the deadline Duke Tobin stated that we would not be making ANY deals.
It was also reported that it was Katie and Troy that were on a family vacation, I'm sure Mike, Duke, Paul and the rest of the management, admin, office staff that were still in the building would manage to answer a phone and advise any interested parties that Duke has already said we aren't interested.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 02:25 AM)JWW1971 Wrote: This story is just ridiculous. 3 days before the deadline Duke Tobin stated that we would not be making ANY deals.
It was also reported that it was Katie and Troy that were on a family vacation, I'm sure Mike, Duke, Paul and the rest of the management, admin, office staff that were still in the building would manage to answer a phone and advise any interested parties that Duke has already said we aren't interested.

Agreed.  This front office made it clear they weren't going to do anything before this vacation, so what's the point?  It's like when I walk into the office after lunch and I'm like "I'm not going to do anything for the rest of the day so I may as well just leave now" and then I leave.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 12:53 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Not sure why everyone says this. Mike Brown can die 5 times and nothing will change. If Katie was going to drastically change things I’m sure she would have persuaded the old man on a few things by now. She is a chip off the ole block. Nothing will change as long as anyone in that family owns this team period.

Unless the genius gene skips a generation we are screwed. Hell may even be worse if that’s even possible.

I would say we are pretty much in a lose/lose as Cincinnati Bengals fans.  As long as the Brown family owns the team, we are looking at the last 25 years.  If they do ever sell it, the Bengals will be in a new town ASAP.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I sometimes feel like the people running this team have been on vacation since 1991. Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 10:27 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Nerd alert:  The last known live passenger pigeon (named Martha) died at the Cincinnati zoo in 1914.  In 1918, the last known living Carolina parakeet (named Incas) perished at the zoo also.

Damn, don’t bring your birds to the Cincinnati zoo.
Reply/Quote
If they traded Dalton before deadline and Finley got hurt, then what?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 10:55 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: If they traded Dalton before deadline and Finley got hurt, then what?

Who gives a shit?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
You know things are tough for small market teams when the owners can’t afford to ski at Ober Gatlinburg and are forced to travel all the way to Switzerland. #slumming #bougie
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 10:55 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: If they traded Dalton before deadline and Finley got hurt, then what?

DOLEGALA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh man, get Dalton outta here....if Cryin' Thinley is gonna get hurt let's at least move on to Body by Jake Dolegalagaga rather than crawl back to 0-8 Granny Dalton.
Reply/Quote

The Super Bowl run would be over!

In all seriousness, does it matter? At 0-8...you go to Dolega in that scenario.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 12:53 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Not sure why everyone says this. Mike Brown can die 5 times and nothing will change. If Katie was going to drastically change things I’m sure she would have persuaded the old man on a few things by now. She is a chip off the ole block. Nothing will change as long as anyone in that family owns this team period.

Unless the genius gene skips a generation we are screwed. Hell may even be worse if that’s even possible. 

If there's one thing MB knows, it's how to inherit a golden goose and use it to support your entire family in perpetuity.  Katie's learned from the best.  No need to spend money on actual NFL players; instead, hire a bunch of scrubs on the cheap and throw them out on the field ... those few million you save -- ahem, "roll over" -- allows you to salary yet another Brown and ski in Switzerland instead of Perfect North Slopes in Lawrenceburg.

Then we might not win any games!  Oh wait ...
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 11:15 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Super Bowl run would be over!

In all seriousness, does it matter? At 0-8...you go to Dolega in that scenario.

So if both Finley and Dolegallalala get hurt then what?  Remember the OL is trash.  Also, Dalton is traded.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 02:02 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: So if both Finley and Dolegallalala get hurt then what?  Remember the OL is trash.  Also, Dalton is traded.  

Then, we might not make the playoffs!

When you're 0-8...what more could go wrong?
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 09:17 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: You can still get calls, emails, and texts on vacations.

It doesn't matter where you're at, you can sign a deal and return it in an instant on a smartphone.

Skype, Zoom for video conference calls also have been around for a decade or more.
However, they knew the deadline months in advance, so when they picked the date to go chalet-ing they knew it was a big day in the NFL.  Were they in chalet's waiting for a call?  Making calls?  Would you if you scheduled a Switzerland vacay at the trade deadline?

Again it gets back to the Browns have their business humming along just the way they want.  Very high compensation for minimal effort.  
Reply/Quote

Then our chances at the #1 overall pick get even better? How TERRIBLE!

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4393007]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Look at the bright side. By doing nothing they avoided even worse trades than any of the horrible trades of the past. They probably figured that anyone even willing to trade with them was bound to screw them one way or another and God knows the Brown family isn't known to be world class traders. They are, however world class traitors. It's all about context and spelling folks.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I wish some reporter had the cajones to ask the entire front office the question: "Since you believe in primarily using the draft to improve the team, why didn't you try to trade for more draft picks?" It's at times like this when I wish we had the NY media holding the Bengals' front office's feet to the fire.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 08:40 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: A skiing vacation for the Brown family? How appropriate! Like the Bengals, skiing is all about going downhill.

[Image: 1328554698663.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 09:23 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s certainly true but I highly suspect the Brown family still uses pagers, beepers, and telegrams. I hear they owned the last passenger pigeon.

This should go in the post hall of fame.
Reply/Quote
What a great time for a plane crash this would have been. If we could just get the family on a plane with the Kardashians for a crash the world we be a better place. Bad when this is our only hope for the future.
Reply/Quote