Seems about right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Bet they're hoping Washington will do Baker Mayfield straight up
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
5 weeks ago I woulda been pissed that it wasn’t us trying to land him and improve. Now, who cares? Browns aren’t going anywhere even if they get him and we aren’t going to trade for him (no point at 0-6)
Reply/Quote
Meh, can't knock them for trying to suck less.
Reply/Quote
At least the Browns are acknowledging a weakness
And making a attempt to do something about it.
What does the Bengals front office do.....
Go to Goodwill to find a solution
Reply/Quote
Of course they are. Balt also traded for Marcus Peters. Does anyone remember the Bengals trying to improve the team via big name trade while dominating the division? Pretty sure MB wouldn’t make such a move, hell he won’t even try to improve the team while it’s losing and clearly in need of talent. Kirk went down, Peters or even Minkah would have been a nice pickup. Or the LB the Rams got for Peters.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 08:48 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: 5 weeks ago I woulda been pissed that it wasn’t us trying to land him and improve. Now, who cares? Browns aren’t going anywhere even if they get him and we aren’t going to trade for him (no point at 0-6)

He’s still a good LT that has a few years left in his tank. A guy that wouldn’t have your quarterback running for his life. We haven’t had that type of guy since Andrew Whitworth. I want Williams on this team. I’m over Glenn.

Reply/Quote
Seems like a risky trade. Is he healthy? I liked that they at least tried to get someone with Cordy Glenn. He's done alright when healthy. Overall, you would have liked to see more out of him though.

The Williams trade is an amplified version of that trade. Bigger boom. Bigger bust. It'd be nice to see us try to make a significant trade; but this trade would have the potential to blow up in your face if he can't stay on the field.

I'd prefer we played it safe and found a better option in FA or the Draft. At this point, we won't be make the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 09:57 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Seems like a risky trade. Is he healthy? I liked that they at least tried to get someone with Cordy Glenn. He's done alright when healthy. Overall, you would have liked to see more out of him though.

The Williams trade is an amplified version of that trade. Bigger boom. Bigger bust. It'd be nice to see us try to make a significant trade; but this trade would have the potential to blow up in your face if he can't stay on the field.

I'd prefer we played it safe and found a better option in FA or the Draft. At this point, we won't be make the playoffs.

Maybe the Browns thought that trading for him was too risky and then looked at this message board where it's been declared that 4 whole years (plus who knows how many more at this rate) of NFL football can go directly down the drain and be pointless endeavors due to a bad o-line and that changed their minds.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 08:48 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: 5 weeks ago I woulda been pissed that it wasn’t us trying to land him and improve. Now, who cares? Browns aren’t going anywhere even if they get him and we aren’t going to trade for him (no point at 0-6)

After seeing what the Rams gave up for Ramsey, I'm kind of glad the Bengals aren't trading multiple picks for an often injured and certainly disgruntled aging Tackle.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 10:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: After seeing what the Rams gave up for Ramsey, I'm kind of glad the Bengals aren't trading multiple picks for an often injured and certainly disgruntled aging Tackle.

Yes, best we play it safe and roll with this o-line that we keep saying is so bad that Tom Brady and Joe Montana would look like Ryan Leaf behind it.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 10:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yes, best we play it safe and roll with this o-line that we keep saying is so bad that Tom Brady and Joe Montana would look like Ryan Leaf behind it.

Well, when we pull for a mismanaged team that tends to live and die by the draft, the last thing I want to see them do is trade away their only constant method of bringing in new players to the team.  In the offseason, when these same players can be had for "face value", sure I wouldn't mind seeing them deal.  But now?  Trade worthy talent is getting one hell of a premium.  Just look at what LA just gave up for Jalen Ramsey.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 10:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, when we pull for a mismanaged team that tends to live and die by the draft, the last thing I want to see them do is trade away their only constant method of bringing in new players to the team.  In the offseason, when these same players can be had for "face value", sure I wouldn't mind seeing them deal.  But now?  Trade worthy talent is getting one hell of a premium.  Just look at what LA just gave up for Jalen Ramsey.

I hear ya, but we also laughed at the Texans for giving up so much for Laramie Tonsil and lo and behold, the Texans look a lot better now that they can, you know...keep Watson off the turf.  I'm not saying Trent Williams would magically make us good, but our season effectively died when Jonah Williams got injured while trying to touch his toes during his first warmup. And next year if/when he struggles we get to hear how he's just a rookie so we can just toss the o-line into excuse mode again (ok, I'm being dour here, I'll admit).

Personally, I'd welcome a nerve wracking trade right now because it's been a whole lot of "well this is a waste, see you next year" so far.
Reply/Quote
This is going to sound stupid but why do we care so much what a team, specifically ours pays for a player? I mean I understand when it comes to giving up draft picks but why should we worry so much about over paying for a good player. I get the ripple effect it causes when it comes to trying to keep other players but Brown doesn't give a damn so why should we.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 09:31 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: He’s still a good LT that has a few years left in his tank. A guy that wouldn’t have your quarterback running for his life. We haven’t had that type of guy since Andrew Whitworth. I want Williams on this team. I’m over Glenn.

If the Bengals are making trades it should be to trade away players as we won’t be making the playoffs this or next year. I’d love an improved OL, but I’m not giving up high picks for a 31+ year old tackle who will not be on a rookie contract. We are far past the point of trying to improve through trades, that’s for teams who think they are close to playoff success.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 09:57 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Seems like a risky trade. Is he healthy? I liked that they at least tried to get someone with Cordy Glenn. He's done alright when healthy. Overall, you would have liked to see more out of him though.

He's healthier then Cordy Glenn. We don't even know if that dude will suit up at all for the rest of the season, not to mention Williams is a better overall player. The Browns aren't going to win the division and probably aren't going to the playoffs, but that's not stopping them from addressing a positional need. Why is it impossible for us to do the same? Please enlighten me on how its been safer for us in free agency and the draft:

1. We don't sign anyone worth noting in free agency, just castaways and retreads.
2. We cant draft for shit.

Somethings needs to drastically change with how we fill this roster with talent. The way we've been doing it has proven fruitless for decades now.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 04:02 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: If the Bengals are making trades it should be to trade away players as we won’t be making the playoffs this or next year. I’d love an improved OL, but I’m not giving up high picks for a 31+ year old tackle who will not be on a rookie contract. We are far past the point of trying to improve through trades, that’s for teams who think they are close to playoff success.

Id give up a high pick to get Whitworth back.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 08:30 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Id give up a high pick to get Whitworth back.

I watched him off and on, this past Sunday.  He gave up a couple sacks, and looked nothing like what we were used to seeing from him. 

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
They are asking for a first rounder for him. Would you trade a top five pick for a disgruntled player. We could pair him with Glenn and see which one gives us the biggest headache.
Reply/Quote