Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Browns counter our Hart signing by trading for OBJ
(03-13-2019, 11:40 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Eli Manning got two Super Bowl rings without OBJ

Yeah. In 2008 and 2012. It's 2019 and Eli Manning is a pretty bad quarterback now.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 05:04 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: TDs and yards don't matter if you aren't winning. It literally just means that your defense is so terrible that the opposing defense lets off the gas nowadays. The Browns are easily the most overrated team in the league. If you can't beat a single team with a winning record, you aren't even close to being relevant. I personally think that OBJ is criminally overrated. I wouldn't get hyped up at all if the Bengals had signed him. 

That is an interesting point. Someone has to get yards on teams...so even bad teams have guys who put up stats.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 09:29 AM)MentalRage Wrote: Yeah. In 2008 and 2012. It's 2019 and Eli Manning is a pretty bad quarterback now.

But my point is if OBJ is so great that he can take the Browns to the Super Bowl why did he never do that for the Giants? It’s all Manning’s fault is it? Do you think OBJ and Baker Mayfield are going to the Super Bowl?
I think one is a diva and the other one is a head case
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:30 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: But my point is if OBJ is so great that he can take the Browns to the Super Bowl why did he never do that for the Giants? It’s all Manning’s fault is it? Do you think OBJ and Baker Mayfield are going to the Super Bowl?

So just because OBJ didn't go to a super bowl with an aging Eli Manning, a bad defense and a terrible O-line then he must be bad player? One great player on a terrible team will have a hard time making a difference but if you take that one great player and put him on a roster that's ready to compete then he can absolutely be a difference maker.

That's like saying if the Bengals traded AJ Green to the Green Bay Packers he couldn't help them win a super bowl because the Bengals never won a playoff game with him. That makes zero sense.

Will the Browns go to the Super Bowl? Maybe. Maybe not. Do they have a better chance with OBJ on the roster? Absolutely.
Reply/Quote
I didn’t say he was a bad player. I said he’s not magically taking the Browns to the Super Bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:30 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: But my point is if OBJ is so great that he can take the Browns to the Super Bowl why did he never do that for the Giants? It’s all Manning’s fault is it? Do you think OBJ and Baker Mayfield are going to the Super Bowl?

So AJ isn’t great because he’s never taken us to the SB?

What about Chad before him?

Reply/Quote
That’s not the issue. People are declaring that the Browns are going to the SB based on trading for OBJ. Im saying it’s not going to happen. OBJ is not creating a miracle for the Browns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Idk about the SB, but they’re now the favorites to win the AFCN, imo.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 07:45 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: You're kidding yourself to say the Browns are not a dangerous team. Are they a world beater? No. But I can see that team making the playoffs.

No offense but I have heard that exact same line every year for the past 4 seasons.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 11:05 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk about the SB, but they’re now the favorites to win the AFCN, imo.

High bar!
Reply/Quote
...but what about Putney? Did they get Putney?
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 04:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No offense but I have heard that exact same line every year for the past 4 seasons.

I’ve been wrong many times before. Baker is the difference from the other 3 he seems to have energized that team. If he takes a step forward he’s going to be a pretty good QB. We’ll see. Would you agree or disagree with them as a PO team?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 08:27 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I’ve been wrong many times before. Baker is the difference from the other 3 he seems to have energized that team. If he takes a step forward he’s going to be a pretty good QB. We’ll see. Would you agree or disagree with them as a PO team?

It pisses me off that he’s been good. I hare people that have to act like an ass to motivate themselves. Our guys didn’t say much when they beat the Browns seven straight times and he gets all mouthy after winning two. Plus in an entire year he didn’t figure out OSU sings after every game win or lose home or away.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:42 AM)MentalRage Wrote: So just because OBJ didn't go to a super bowl with an aging Eli Manning, a bad defense and a terrible O-line then he must be bad player? One great player on a terrible team will have a hard time making a difference but if you take that one great player and put him on a roster that's ready to compete then he can absolutely be a difference maker.

That's like saying if the Bengals traded AJ Green to the Green Bay Packers he couldn't help them win a super bowl because the Bengals never won a playoff game with him. That makes zero sense.

Will the Browns go to the Super Bowl? Maybe. Maybe not. Do they have a better chance with OBJ on the roster? Absolutely.

OBJ is good enough to be on a SB team but that's not the point. Point is, The Browns ain't good enough. The Giants actually played better without him late last year. What does that tell you? AJ Green with Bengals or Packers, it wouldn't improve the odds unless he played better for them in the playoffs than he has for us. Our good players didn't play good enough last year but they can play better, they have. We need so stay healthy, kill the draft and I like our team just as much as the Browns. We got some good players on D, they just have to play better next year and the young guys will be better. They protect the pocket next year and get the pass rush going, they'll be fine. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So AJ isn’t great because he’s never taken us to the SB?

What about Chad before him?

AJ isn't great, not yet. Chad wasn't great either. AJ is good and was very good but great? I don't think so. I still think he can be great but he needs to stay healthy and the team needs to get back to the playoffs so he can prove he is great by playing great in big games. The health thing is not his fault but he needs some luck next year by staying healthy. Great players are HOFs and he't just not there yet. 
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 04:37 AM)Bengals731 Wrote: AJ isn't great, not yet. Chad wasn't great either. AJ is good and was very good but great? I don't think so. I still think he can be great but he needs to stay healthy and the team needs to get back to the playoffs so he can prove he is great by playing great in big games. The health thing is not his fault but he needs some luck next year by staying healthy. Great players are HOFs and he't just not there yet. 

This is a bad take. AJ and Chad absolutely are great players. You're in the minority to think otherwise. 
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 10:05 AM)MentalRage Wrote: This is a bad take. AJ and Chad absolutely are great players. You're in the minority to think otherwise. 

Yep. Ken Riley wasn’t great because he’s not in the HoF? Nonsense.

And don’t give me lack of rings either. Was Dan Marino great? How about TO?

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 04:37 AM)Bengals731 Wrote: AJ isn't great, not yet. Chad wasn't great either. AJ is good and was very good but great? I don't think so. I still think he can be great but he needs to stay healthy and the team needs to get back to the playoffs so he can prove he is great by playing great in big games. The health thing is not his fault but he needs some luck next year by staying healthy. Great players are HOFs and he't just not there yet. 

(03-15-2019, 10:40 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. Ken Riley wasn’t great because he’s not in the HoF? Nonsense.

And don’t give me lack of rings either. Was Dan Marino great? How about TO?

Ken Riley was before my time so can’t comment but TO put up bigger numbers for more years than AJ has. TO is a HOFer , no doubt. AJ is not, yet. Dan Marino was one of the best ever based on his stats alone and AJ is nowhere close to being that kind of player.. Marino is considering one of the best QBs ever , AJ is not even a top 20 WR to ever play.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 10:05 AM)MentalRage Wrote: This is a bad take. AJ and Chad absolutely are great players. You're in the minority to think otherwise. 

I’m not in the minority to NFL fans , just Bengals fans.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 02:15 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: I’m not in the minority to NFL fans , just Bengals fans.

I guarantee that if you polled NFL fans they would almost all agree AJ Green is a great player. 
Reply/Quote