Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Let's talk about Mitch Trubisky
Everyone acts like Trubisky is a joke, but I am concerned about what he might accomplish playing for the Stealers.

Mitch Trubisky is a big strong athletic QB. He is very accurate from a clean pocket and throws well on the run.  He looked good enough to be the #2 pick in the 2017 draft.  In the NFL he had a very good winning percentage (.580) for a team that has been bad for a long time.  Over the last 9 years the Bears only have one winning season and 2 playoff appearances, and Trubisky was the QB on both those teams ('18, '20).  Those 2 seasons Trubisky was 17-6 as a starter while other starters went 3-6.  In 2018 he posted a 95.4 passer rating with 24 tds in just 14 games.  He also rushed for 421 yds with a 6.2 avg.  He was 11-3 as a starter and selected to the Pro Bowl.

In his two playoff starts he has 502 yds, 2 tds, 0 ints and a 92.5 rating.

I am not claiming that Trubisky is a great NFL QB, but he has the tools to be pretty dangerous if he has a good coordinator and some talent around him.  I think his problems in Chicago had more to do with e revolving door of coaches.  In Trubisky's 4 seasons they had 2 head coaches and 3 different offensive coordinators.

This guy is not some bust who never did anything.  He has been a productive winner for a bad franchise.  If the Steelers put enough talent around him I think he will surprise a lot of people with how good he can be.  

If we have to play Watson, Trubisky and Jackson 6 times every year we better concentrate on stopping running QBs.
Reply/Quote
Coming tomorrow, same bat time, same batty poster, when we discuss how great Lamar Jackson is

Edit:
Since it's not Steeler week nor is Mitch a Bengal, shouldn't this be in AFC North?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
im not worried...
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/JUBIU0gkWfs

Reply/Quote
I'd be more worried if they had Joe Burrow. But we have Joe Burrow, so they should be worried.
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow threw for more TDs in 2021 alone than Trubisky has thrown the last 3 years combined.

He's a 2nd overall pick who didn't even get his 5th year option picked up and became a backup before signing for less yearly than his rookie contract gave him. That's actually pretty close to the definition of a bust.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 12:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Everyone acts like Trubisky is a joke, but I am concerned about what he might accomplish playing for the Stealers.

Mitch Trubisky is a big strong athletic QB. He is very accurate from a clean pocket and throws well on the run.  He looked good enough to be the #2 pick in the 2017 draft.  In the NFL he had a very good winning percentage (.580) for a team that has been bad for a long time.  Over the last 9 years the Bears only have one winning season and 2 playoff appearances, and Trubisky was the QB on both those teams ('18, '20).  Those 2 seasons Trubisky was 17-6 as a starter while other starters went 3-6.  In 2018 he posted a 95.4 passer rating with 24 tds in just 14 games.  He also rushed for 421 yds with a 6.2 avg.  He was 11-3 as a starter and selected to the Pro Bowl.

In his two playoff starts he has 502 yds, 2 tds, 0 ints and a 92.5 rating.

I am not claiming that Trubisky is a great NFL QB, but he has the tools to be pretty dangerous if he has a good coordinator and some talent around him.  I think his problems in Chicago had more to do with e revolving door of coaches.  In Trubisky's 4 seasons they had 2 head coaches and 3 different offensive coordinators.

This guy is not some bust who never did anything.  He has been a productive winner for a bad franchise.  If the Steelers put enough talent around him I think he will surprise a lot of people with how good he can be.  

If we have to play Watson, Trubisky and Jackson 6 times every year we better concentrate on stopping running QBs.

Anyone that had ANY success as a QB in Chicago has my respect.  I don't think he's the trash everyone else believes he is, and learning for a season behind Allen couldn't hurt, either.

I don't see the steelers as having the offensive weapons as the rest of the division, though.  And the Bengals and Ravens are very adept at stuffing the run, and mobile QBs.  

That being said, they will be a tough out, unlike last year.  

People will assume it is just me hating on piggy, but he was so awful that just about any QB will be an upgrade.  
Reply/Quote