Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Browns is Crazy.
(03-21-2022, 09:08 PM)Beaker Wrote: Watson is going to turn out to be the browns' Trae Waynes.

At 55mil per year starting in 2023.  Ouch
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Trouble is already starting.....

NO ONE is interested in trading for Barker. No one. That means the Cleveland is stuck with him. And LOL at some Browns fans that I saw saying that they'd get at least one of those 1sts for Watson back in a Mayfield trade. Cleveland is stuck with his salary, but more importantly, they are also stuck with his cap hit.

If another team trades for Barker, they'd have to take on his cap hit of $18M. Teams are looking at him and saying that they're not giving up picks AND taking on that much cap space.

So Cleveland is going to be stuck either taking on a portion of that cap hit as an enticement for a trade, cutting him outright and taking on the whole $18M this year, or keeping him on the roster along with the huge distraction that it will cause.

Also, $18M is significant (he's got the biggest cap charge on the team this year) because they're trying to work out a long term deal with Njoku and less cap space gives them less flexibility in offering him a contract.

Lol, this has the stank of Cleveland all over it.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 09:57 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Trouble is already starting.....

NO ONE is interested in trading for Barker. No one. That means the Cleveland is stuck with him. And LOL at some Browns fans that I saw saying that they'd get at least one of those 1sts for Watson back in a Mayfield trade. Cleveland is stuck with his salary, but more importantly, they are also stuck with his cap hit.

If another team trades for Barker, they'd have to take on his cap hit of $18M. Teams are looking at him and saying that they're not giving up picks AND taking on that much cap space.

So Cleveland is going to be stuck either taking on a portion of that cap hit as an enticement for a trade, cutting him outright and taking on the whole $18M this year, or keeping him on the roster along with the huge distraction that it will cause.

Also, $18M is significant (he's got the biggest cap charge on the team this year) because they're trying to work out a long term deal with Njoku and less cap space gives them less flexibility in offering him a contract.

It's a hilarious shit show but is the 18M cap hit that big of a deal with how low Watson's salary is this year?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 09:57 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Trouble is already starting.....

I imagine Baker cant pass a physical right now
Reply/Quote
… Aannnnnnd THIS is why I’m okay with Mitchell Trubisky as a bridge QB.  The Steelers get to keep their draft picks, and they’ll have extra cap space to deal with, neither of which the Browns will have for the immediate future.  The next few years won’t bring a Super Bowl to Pittsburgh, but when the right qb comes along, they’ll be in great shape because they will have had the ability to strengthen the team around him.
Reply/Quote
The Browns better pray that they can weather Watson's suspension (whatever that may be) and win a Super Bowl in the next 2 years, because that roster is going to be a literal skeleton crew in 2024.

Also, I'm guessing the Rapistberger jokes aren't funny anymore.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 04:44 PM)Big Boss Wrote: The Browns better pray that they can weather Watson's suspension (whatever that may be) and win a Super Bowl in the next 2 years, because that roster is going to be a literal skeleton crew in 2024.

Also,  I'm guessing the Rapistberger jokes aren't funny anymore.

Well i guess there was an Opening 
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 04:44 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Also,  I'm guessing the Rapistberger jokes aren't funny anymore.

Who?
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 01:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's a hilarious shit show but is the 18M cap hit that big of a deal with how low Watson's salary is this year?

They do have space so I guess its just part of the trade off to get Watson. Im sure they'll survive it. That's still a lot of dead money. 

Just check out next year though. They've already spent $209M and that's only allocated to 27 players and without a long term contract for Njoku. They better hope the cap goes waaaay up. 

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/cleveland-browns/

Also, they've got over $102M committed to just 3 players...Watson, Garrett, and Cooper. An extension to Njoku should push that toward $110M for JUST FOUR PLAYERS. 

Go ahead and peek at 2024.....They've got $190M committed to just 18 players! 

Cap hell is an understatement.

These guy won't be able to field a legitimate 53 man roster. 

It will be Watson throwing to Cooper and Garrett playing defense with a bunch of USFL castoffs. 
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 05:38 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: They do have space so I guess its just part of the trade off to get Watson. Im sure they'll survive it. That's still a lot of dead money. 

Just check out next year though. They've already spent $209M and that's only allocated to 27 players and without a long term contract for Njoku. They better hope the cap goes waaaay up. 

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/cleveland-browns/

Also, they've got over $102M committed to just 3 players...Watson, Garrett, and Cooper. An extension to Njoku should push that toward $110M for JUST FOUR PLAYERS. 

Go ahead and peek at 2024.....They've got $190M committed to just 18 players! 

Cap hell is an understatement.

These guy won't be able to field a legitimate 53 man roster. 

It will be Watson throwing to Cooper and Garrett playing defense with a bunch of USFL castoffs. 

Really makes you wonder what was going through their heads...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Long summation of all of the accusations against Watson:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/md9av6/deshaun_watson_allegations_a_detailed/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 06:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Really makes you wonder what was going through their heads...

Win now at all costs. 

I’ve been focused on the guaranteed money aspect of the contract, knowing that there’s no way to get around accounting for it. It’s going to be a huge impact and none of the pundits are talking about it. Yet. 
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 07:01 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Win now at all costs. 

I’ve been focused on the guaranteed money aspect of the contract, knowing that there’s no way to get around accounting for it. It’s going to be a huge impact and none of the pundits are talking about it. Yet. 

Funny mindset considering he might not play again until 2024.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 07:01 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Win now at all costs. 

Trade 40 years married to a good woman for a night with Kate Beckinsale...

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 07:42 PM)Stewy Wrote: Funny mindset considering he might not play again until 2024.

I wonder if, to get around the Browns trying to mitigate Watson's financial losses from a suspension, the NFL waits till this civil stuff gets completed before suspending him. I'd think it's unlikely to be resolved any time soon.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 08:55 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I wonder if, to get around the Browns trying to mitigate Watson's financial losses from a suspension, the NFL waits till this civil stuff gets completed before suspending him. I'd think it's unlikely to be resolved any time soon.

I think Goodell will be pissed they all have tried to go around the suspension system and will be looking to make an example of Watson and the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 08:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Trade 40 years married to a good woman for a night with Kate Beckinsale...

Not sure I'd compare the Browns prior years to a good marriage.  This is more like taking a risk but realizing that risking your rotten marriage isn't all that big a deal.

If Watson doesn't pan out the Browns can easily go right back to being a crappy franchise.   I realize this is smack talk, but let's be serious here, the Browns aren't risking much.  They even alienated a 1st overall pick starting QB that practically no one wants.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 08:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Trade 40 years married to a good woman for a night with Kate Beckinsale...

For a CHANCE at a night with Kate Beckinsdale …
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 06:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Not sure I'd compare the Browns prior years to a good marriage.  This is more like taking a risk but realizing that risking your rotten marriage isn't all that big a deal.

If Watson doesn't pan out the Browns can easily go right back to being a crappy franchise.   I realize this is smack talk, but let's be serious here, the Browns aren't risking much.  They even alienated a 1st overall pick starting QB that practically no one wants.

It's a metaphor!! Wink

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 06:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Really makes you wonder what was going through their heads...

Historical Desperation

And I don't think Watson is as good as he is purported.  He got a lot of trash yards at the end of blowouts, had the best WR in league to throw to for most of his stat years, is a lower quality less talented Mahomes (Watson is of the one read and then scramble around variety), and almost never wins games for you because he doesn't read defenses.

All of the Watson love is based on his stats, and his stats are blowout/garbage time bloated.

Anyway, we'll see.  I am not afraid of him at all.  He's going to be stained like all the other QB in Cleveland, and I don't think he's going to play until late 2023/early 2024 anyway.
Reply/Quote