Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Browns is Crazy.
(03-23-2022, 08:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's a metaphor!! Wink

I get that, I'm just saying that "totally crap marriage" is a far more apt one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 09:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I get that, I'm just saying that "totally crap marriage" is a far more apt one.

But...who wouldn't trade a totally crap marriage for Kate Beckinsale?  Shocked

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 09:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: But...who wouldn't trade a totally crap marriage for Kate Beckinsale?  Shocked

Who wouldn't trade Baker Mayfield for Deshaun Watson?  I mean come on...Baker is practically free right now and no one wants him.  Damn it this is smack talk.

The Browns are crap and if Burrow went there they'd turn him to instant crap, too.  Wait, that doesn't sound like smack talk.  Damn it. 
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 09:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Who wouldn't trade Baker Mayfield for Deshaun Watson?  I mean come on...Baker is practically free right now and no one wants him.  Damn it this is smack talk.

The Browns are crap and if Burrow went there they'd turn him to instant crap, too.  Wait, that doesn't sound like smack talk.  Damn it. 

I need to sign you up for some classes...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 09:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I need to sign you up for some classes...

Your classes suck!  Sorry to be mean, but I'm pretty sure you were testing me.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 09:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Your classes suck!  Sorry to be mean, but I'm pretty sure you were testing me.

Who am i kidding. There's Steelers, Ravens and Browns fans in this forum. There's no class here. 

*pssst* do it like that ^

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 09:55 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Who am i kidding. There's Steelers, Ravens and Browns fans in this forum. There's no class here. 

*pssst* do it like that ^

All joking aside, Smack Talk isn't hardly a logical forum for an obsessive devil's advocate to spend time.  
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 09:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: All joking aside, Smack Talk isn't hardly a logical forum for an obsessive devil's advocate to spend time.  

Just look at it as adding to your repertoire. 

Where else can you go, around here, and insult people legally?

Reply/Quote
Uh oh!

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/24/sports/football/deshaun-watson-texas-grand-jury.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 01:49 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Uh oh!

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/24/sports/football/deshaun-watson-texas-grand-jury.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The Browns are like  Sick , while the Texans are like  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 01:54 PM)Stewy Wrote: The Browns are like  Sick , while the THE REST OF THE NFL are like   Hilarious

Fixed it for you LMAO
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 12:03 AM)jason Wrote: This year's Super Bowl champions don't have a first round pick any time soon either. This reminds me of the 2018 off season when we tried to assure ourselves that the Browns hadn't passed us up in the division. The Browns are gonna be a problem with Deshaun Watson.

Until contract extensions for their studs come up.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 12:10 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Until contract extensions for their studs come up.....

Yeah. There's gonna be some hard decisions for them then. We'll have a few of our own... Hopefully not to that extent. I think people are banking on Watson bein' suspended this year. I don't think that's a given. All I know is I didn't want him to end up in Pittsburgh. I think the Browns have the better roster between them and the Steelers. I don't like him bein' in our division.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 12:39 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah. There's gonna be some hard decisions for them then. We'll have a few of our own... Hopefully not to that extent. I think people are banking on Watson bein' suspended this year. I don't think that's a given. All I know is I didn't want him to end up in Pittsburgh. I think the Browns have the better roster between them and the Steelers. I don't like him bein' in our division.

I don't either. I think he will be suspended though, for how long is the big question. When you get down to it, all teams are in a brief window to some degree or another. The big problem with this deal, to me, is the excessive loss of draft capital, combined with the overall cash price. Paying him that is one thing, but you're going to need cheaper talent around him, and now you don't have the means to draft that talent. This better result in a SB for them, because I believe the back end results in a lot of losing.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 01:32 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I don't either. I think he will be suspended though, for how long is the big question. When you get down to it, all teams are in a brief window to some degree or another. The big problem with this deal, to me, is the excessive loss of draft capital, combined with the overall cash price. Paying him that is one thing, but you're going to need cheaper talent around him, and now you don't have the means to draft that talent. This better result in a SB for them, because I believe the back end results in a lot of losing.

They'll have to literally hit on every later round pick. That's a hard ask
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 03:34 PM)jason Wrote: They'll have to literally hit on every later round pick. That's a hard ask

Exactly.  It’s hard enough to hit on the first round picks.  If they were easy, there’d be no such thing as perennially bad teams …
Reply/Quote
So Baker's last game as a Brown might be the game against Pittsburgh? That had to be one of the more bizarre performances I've ever seen.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 12:55 PM)kevin Wrote: I like it also.  Still, there is one part that makes no sense.  Keven Costner on his late Father, saying that his father was a great man in Cleveland Football history so say his name with some respect.  They can't be talking about Paul Brown for their Family has The Bengals.  Art Modell turned the Browns into the Baltimore Ravens.  I fail to see what Great Legend Owner or GM or Coach has been with The Browns since they restarted after Modell moved the team to Baltimore. There just isn't one. So it is made up as much as Charlie Sheen pitching for Cleveland Baseball Team, but I like Major League. Actually, I like Major League 2 better because they added Randy Quaid from National Lampoon Vacation Movies as the Funny Fickle Fan who Flip Flops on his team constantly.  

So there is no Great Legend Browns Front Office person or coach since Browns restarted.  However it is funny that Browns have indeed just traded 3 years of #1 Draft Picks as in the movie.  I thought that was the crazy part of the movie that could never happen, but it just did. 

To be fair, it's a fictionalized version of the team and the league.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 12:55 PM)kevin Wrote: I like it also.  Still, there is one part that makes no sense.  Keven Costner on his late Father, saying that his father was a great man in Cleveland Football history so say his name with some respect.  They can't be talking about Paul Brown for their Family has The Bengals.  Art Modell turned the Browns into the Baltimore Ravens.  I fail to see what Great Legend Owner or GM or Coach has been with The Browns since they restarted after Modell moved the team to Baltimore. There just isn't one. So it is made up as much as Charlie Sheen pitching for Cleveland Baseball Team, but I like Major League. Actually, I like Major League 2 better because they added Randy Quaid from National Lampoon Vacation Movies as the Funny Fickle Fan who Flip Flops on his team constantly.  

So there is no Great Legend Browns Front Office person or coach since Browns restarted.  However it is funny that Browns have indeed just traded 3 years of #1 Draft Picks as in the movie.  I thought that was the crazy part of the movie that could never happen, but it just did. 

Um … Paul Brown won three NFL championships (and four AAFC Championships) in sixteen years with the Browns as coach/general manager before he went to the Bengals. So, yeah, I think he’d count as a great legend in their history.

But as Green Dragon pointed out, it’s a fictional account with Kevin Costner playing a fictional character, so why would you even try to figure out who his father was in real life in the first place?
Reply/Quote
Welp... So much for Watson missing a good chunck of the season because of suspension.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote