Poll: The Burfict hit, was it intentional?
Yes, malicious intent
No, unfortunate accident
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Burfict hit: Malicious intent, or just hard football?
Burfict hitting Brown with his pads malicious.

shazier targeting Gio with helmet- well that is just unfortunate.

What a crock of GODel bullshit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 09:14 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Burfict hitting Brown with his pads malicious.

shazier targeting Gio with helmet- well that is just unfortunate.

What a crock of GODel bullshit.

I agree, completely.  But, what blows my mind is that so far, 10 board members actually think that hit was with malicious intent.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 09:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree, completely.  But, what blows my mind is that so far, 10 board members actually think that hit was with malicious intent.

That just proves we have 10 people who are anti Bengal no matter what happens. They just like to complain about anything.
Reply/Quote
I have called Vontaze on some B.S. plays before, but that looked like he tried to pull up a bit and not hit Brown as hard as he could have. He hit him with his shoulder, not like Shazier, who used his helmet.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:42 PM)PApinhead Wrote: I have called Vontaze on some B.S. plays before, but that looked like he tried to pull up a bit and not hit Brown as hard as he could have.  He hit him with his shoulder, not like Shazier, who used his helmet.

Didn't the steelers knock out McGhee in a playoff game similar to the hit on gio.  They weren't flagged against the Ravens or us. Unbelievable how they avoid flags
Reply/Quote
The truth is somewhere in between.

It could have been worse, maybe could have avoided it completely.
Reply/Quote
Some people are so influenced by bias media you believe the misinformation even about us in front of your own two eyes. Watch this video, and any of you who think it was dirty or deserving even of a penalty - come back and say if you still think that...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D8eognJrC1Q
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
When the Steelers "play aggressively", it's legal. When some else does that SAME THING the Steelers do, it's a penalty.

Double-standard.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:00 AM)Interceptor Wrote: When the Steelers "play aggressively", it's legal. When some else does that SAME THING the Steelers do, it's a penalty.

Double-standard.

And that video I posted absolutely proves your statement correct.
Reply/Quote
Was the hit illegal and thus deserving a penalty? Yes.
Was Butfict trying to get a shot in on Brown to intimidate him? Yes.
Was Burfict trying to injure Brown? I'd like to think not, but only Burfict knows for sure.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:18 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Was the hit illegal and thus deserving a penalty? Yes.
Was Burfict trying to injure Brown? I'd like to think not, but only Burfict knows for sure.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.  
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D8eognJrC1Q
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:18 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Was the hit illegal and thus deserving a penalty? Yes.

So, I guess that put's you in the "yes" column.  Got it.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Just as the title implies.  Do you think Vontaze Burfict intentionally tried to harm Antonio Brown, or was it just an unfortunate result of playing hard football?

Is there a place we can vote for Stupid Football, considering the 30 yards in unsportsmanlike conduct penalties gave Steelers a chip shot game winning field goal with 20 some seconds left. Burfict should have been more aware of the Game Situation. ...I call it stupid football, because Steelers did not rally for a big comeback, instead Bengals just acted like idiots and put them in field goal position. ...No, it was not a great play by Burfict, it was a stupid play....and he more than anybody should know you can't launched helmet to helmet, he has been fined enough for it. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: From what I understand, Shazier is only facing a possible fine, as he has no "priors".

I read this morning in Peter King that Burfict was "put on notice" by the league office because of a hit on Maxx Williams the prior week. Burfict does not get the benefit of the doubt any longer.  Because of his prior actions, they are going to be watching him, and he needs to be smart enough to realize this.  I thought Terrell Davis summed it up perfectly... "there is a reason he is a first round talent that went undrafted, because he is a knucklehead.  You know you are going to get great plays, but the knucklehead plays are coming".
Reply/Quote