Melvin Gordon is holding out.
Those are 2 big time playmakers not taking
The field Sunday.
Yet they are still considered a potential SB
Team minus those 2.
But the Bengals are regarded as a bottom tier
Team by most.
Can you if the Bengals were missing Atkins and
Mixon now how the conversation would go?
Are the Chargers that much better than
The Bengals?
Reply/Quote
Yes. They are.

Reply/Quote
Without an OLine and a mostly average QB it’s easy to see us playing poorly especially when you factor the last 3 seasons into play and considering our defense was awful for most of last year and is still extremely weak at LB. As a fan i hope to be shocked but realistically our ceiling looks like 7 Wins and our floor is probably 4 games so if i was to be on it I’d say we win around 6 games but i hope I’m wrong
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I believe were going too surprise many including many fans on here. i'm hoping we win it all I put 60 down on them at 150 to 1
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 06:13 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I believe were going too surprise many including many fans on here. i'm hoping we win it all I put 60 down on them at 150 to 1

Good luck

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 06:10 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Without an OLine and a mostly average QB it’s easy to see us playing poorly especially when you factor the last 3 seasons into play and considering our defense was awful for most of last year and is still extremely weak at LB. As a fan i hope to be shocked but realistically our ceiling looks like 7 Wins and our floor is probably 4 games so if i was to be on it I’d say we win around 6 games but i hope I’m wrong

When Dalton had Gruden as a coordinator before his thumb injury he was an MVP candidate. If that is your version of mediocre ill take it
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 06:10 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Without an OLine and a mostly average QB it’s easy to see us playing poorly especially when you factor the last 3 seasons into play and considering our defense was awful for most of last year and is still extremely weak at LB. As a fan i hope to be shocked but realistically our ceiling looks like 7 Wins and our floor is probably 4 games so if i was to be on it I’d say we win around 6 games but i hope I’m wrong

That ceiling may be generous but I mostly agree here. And I would love to be wrong as well.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 06:16 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: When Dalton had Gruden as a coordinator before his thumb injury he was an MVP candidate. If that is your version of mediocre ill take it

I'm hoping for the best, but between Dalton and Palmer we've had "MVP candidates" playing QB for the past 16 years, so...meh.
Reply/Quote
Rivers is probably going to be inducted into The HOF. Dalton will have to buy tickets if he wants in.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 06:08 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Yes. They are.

Yet the Chargers eked out a 5 point win over a Bengal team that had a long list of starters gone.  Are they really?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

I am as hopeful for the Bengals as anyone, but last year the chargers won 12 games and both their scoring offense and defense were top 8 in the league.  And that was with their defense missing Bosa and two of their starting LBs for over half of the season.
Reply/Quote
If you take Geno off this Defense then we suck. He, Dunlap, and Lawson are arguably our 3 best players.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 06:57 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: If you take Geno off this Defense then we suck. He, Dunlap, and Lawson are arguably our 3 best players.

It's not quite as dire of a situation as you might paint it to be.  Hubbard, Bates, and Jackson all look to be stars in the making, and Germaine Pratt looks to be one hell of a good LB prospect.  And, that's just on the defense..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 06:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am as hopeful for the Bengals as anyone, but last year the chargers won 12 games and both their scoring offense and defense were top 8 in the league.  And that was with their defense missing Bosa and two of their starting LBs for over half of the season.

And they still only beat the dreadful Bengals by five points.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 07:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's not quite as dire of a situation as you might paint it to be.  Hubbard, Bates, and Jackson all look to be stars in the making, and Germaine Pratt looks to be one hell of a good LB prospect.  And, that's just on the defense..

I actually like the Defense this year I have a quiet confidence about them. But still you lose Atkins where in a world of hurt. 
J24

Reply/Quote
I am still one that hangs on to the thought that we have a pretty great team which has been poorly coached. I think we are going to be great. It may take a few weeks to get there, or we may be there now. Although, 9.5 underdogs going into Seattle is exactly what I want right now. No respect usually works great in our favor and motivates these guys to bring their all.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 07:32 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I actually like the Defense this year I have a quiet confidence about them. But still you lose Atkins where in a world of hurt. 

And likewise on offense, if we lose Andy or Joe Mixion, we're likely in a world of hurt.  In fact, I believe that you could say the same for most teams in the league;  "If they lose their best player on whichever unit, they're likely in a world of hurt".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 07:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And likewise on offense, if we lose Andy or Joe Mixion, we're likely in a world of hurt.  In fact, I believe that you could say the same for most teams in the league;  "If they lose their best player on whichever unit, they're likely in a world of hurt".

100% agreement
J24

Reply/Quote
I beg to differ, if you remember the game last year the Bengals had the game won but Marvin made a bad call for the 2 point conversion then Lazor dialed up a pityful run call out of a predictable formation. We had key injuries and still took the lead late in the game. If the players the Bengals had were on other rosters they would be perineal pro bowlers as we see when they leave to go to other teams i.e Justin Smith, J Joe, Big Whit, Spikes and others. Dont let the media ignorance cloud your mind but saying that in respect not malice. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 06:57 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: If you take Geno off this Defense then we suck. He, Dunlap, and Lawson are arguably our 3 best players.

On the entire team? Definitely not.

That would be AJ, Geno, and Mixon.

Reply/Quote