Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Chiefs Respect Burfict
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/19/travis-kelce-tyreek-hill-have-no-hate-for-vontaze-burfict/

The Chiefs have a very different take on Burfict than the Pittsburgh Squealers....and our local talking heads like Lance McCallister and Mo Egger. I hope the Chiefs win the Super Bowl if the Bengals don’t.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 11:28 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/19/travis-kelce-tyreek-hill-have-no-hate-for-vontaze-burfict/

The Chiefs have a very different take on Burfict than the Pittsburgh Squealers....and our local talking heads like Lance McCallister and Mo Egger.   I hope the Chiefs win the Super Bowl if the Bengals don’t.
I've thought about which team would be my team if I wasnt a Bengals fan.  I would probably go with Kansas City. Definitely not a team that's won many super bowls.   I've never liked the cowboys. Hate the Steelers.  Niners too.  Patriots as well 
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 12:25 AM)jorev5 Wrote: I've thought about which team would be my team if I wasnt a Bengals fan.  I would probably go with Kansas City. Definitely not a team that's won many super bowls.   I've never liked the cowboys. Hate the Steelers.  Niners too.  Patriots as well 

Agreed. Have some sympathy for Andy Reid ever since his son committed suicide. Seems like a good guy. The Chiefs were never going anywhere with Derek Smith but they may have found something with Mahomes.
Reply/Quote
I root for underdog teams that havnt won it if we are elimated. Theres just teams i hate anymore. Steelers,pats,ravens, denver, houston for beating us twice.
Reply/Quote
Good stuff. Some of our fans that have turned their backs on Tez or want him off the team should read those comments.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 12:36 AM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Agreed. Have some sympathy for Andy Reid ever since his son committed suicide. Seems like a good guy. The Chiefs were never going anywhere with Derek Smith but they may have found something with Mahomes.

he's the kool aid guy what you meant to say was alex smith. where we are going is the real question.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 02:33 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Good stuff. Some of our fans that have turned their backs on Tez or want him off the team should read those comments.

they have, but they are so full of hate they are blinded! I say let them go cheer for another team!!!

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 03:22 AM)RASCAL Wrote: they have, but they are so full of hate they are blinded! I say let them go cheer for another team!!!

i'm with ya rascal.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 03:32 AM)WildCat Wrote: i'm with ya rascal.

It continues to blow my mind how the rules are re-defined for Burfict.  I understand that there are quite a few people roaming around who are just not that bright, but I've seen people who look back fondly upon Hines Ward's "blocks" with the crown of his helmet who in the same damn breath say that Burfict is an animal who belongs in jail.  RIDICULOUS.

He screwed up with Cam.  He screwed up against the Packers hitting the dude in the cup.  Aside from that?  He's a football player.
Reply/Quote
Remember, in the minds of Steeler fans, the Shazier hit on Gio was a perfectly legal and super awesome play while Burfict grazing Brown's nameplate is the dirtiest play in the history of the NFL.

[Image: gio.0.gif]

[Image: gio2.0.gif]

And of course the only way to make this play even more super-awesome and first rate classy is to dance around on the 50 yard line while the other player is still sprawled out on the field.  And if it nearly causes a bench clearing brawl it's just because the other team is so low class and dirty.

You know, I think this hit is just so magic that if you look closely into Shazier's shiny black helmet you can see his future.
Reply/Quote
I have defended Tez in the past and even had him as my sig one year sitting on a couch with a small dog and on his arm i tattooed "Free Burfict".

Anyway

The shit regarding Tez has went beyond grating. Look, i hate what the NFL has become and am hanging on by a thread here with the Bengals - a team i have backed for 38 years. Defense is dead and i hate it. Burfict appears to have become the last remaining symbol of the old way LB's use to play. Mean and every now and then dirty.

The pussification of the league with Burfict as it's prominent symbol makes me literally cringe as does most things online in this PC world we live in. In a way Tez is my last gasp at sticking around and sometimes - just sometimes - i wish they would just ban him so i can get the hell out as well.

My reply to those that say he going to seriously injure someone someday is the same as it has always been and that is:

If Burfict wanted that he could have and would have already done it. But the reality is thus far he has injured exactly one person that missed one game on a questionable hit. Or maybe it was two i can't remember. All i know is those players still play.

Meanwhile the guy that "Gio Sphered" our running back in the same game ends up ending his own career on a similar head hunt - and he is labeled a hero. 

No. It was just a unfortunate hit.

Reply/Quote
I don’t think Burfict is a dirty player and agree with some of the comments made. Specially the one that basically stated Burfict plays HOF football. However, HOF football is not hard nosed like it used to be. Burfict is textbook of a great LB.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 04:36 AM)Roland Wrote: Remember, in the minds of Steeler fans, the Shazier hit on Gio was a perfectly legal and super awesome play while Burfict grazing Brown's nameplate is the dirtiest play in the history of the NFL.

And of course the only way to make this play even more super-awesome and first rate classy is to dance around on the 50 yard line while the other player is still sprawled out on the field.  And if it nearly causes a bench clearing brawl it's just because the other team is so low class and dirty.

You know, I think this hit is just so magic that if you look closely into Shazier's shiny black helmet you can see his future.

I like how the NFL says it wasn't an illegal hit on Gio because Shazier didn't line hiim up except you can clearly see that HE LINED HIM UP! And that's not even talking about how the "lining up" thing was nowhere to be found in the rules.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
The only people whining about Burfict in the media are the Stoolers and their stooges in the press..... and yet we have fans buying into that. They want him off the team so they can go back to injuring our players with dirty hits without fear of retaliation. I can't believe so many fall for this....
Reply/Quote
Burfict is trash and hill beats women so also trash.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 04:36 AM)Roland Wrote: Remember, in the minds of Steeler fans, the Shazier hit on Gio was a perfectly legal and super awesome play while Burfict grazing Brown's nameplate is the dirtiest play in the history of the NFL.

The guy ended his career way to early with all the spearing
Reply/Quote
Burfict is polarizing. Had people at work go out of their way to talk about Burfict with me this week. Funny how he riles up the masses.

I found the post that someone put on here interesting, the one about how Burfict's antics have rarely lead to injury. I had never thought about it, but he really hasn't taken anyone out for significant time.

James Harrison was way dirtier in my opinion. Hit on Colt McCoy was nasty.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 03:22 AM)RASCAL Wrote: they have, but they are so full of hate they are blinded! I say let them go cheer for another team!!!

The most childish thing that people do on here is to tell others to go and cheer for another team anytime that they disagree with them. I’m not always right on here and neither are you or anyone else. Burfict has always taken cheap shots, twisting on ankles in piles and anything he thinks he can get away with. If he were on another team, everyone here would complain about him just like the fans from every other team in the league. I am a Bengals fan, I am not rooting for another team. You don’t have to like every aspect of the team to be a fan.
Reply/Quote
Look..... I've said it in the Burfict fine thread 3 times. Only ONE team has issue with him.....ONE. We all know bullies don't like to be punched back in the mouth, and that's why they have a problem with him. Then they whine to the media and to the league and it all gets blown WAY out of proportion. I just can't believe some of our fans are gullible enough to swallow the click bait.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 11:24 AM)motoarch Wrote: Burfict is trash and hill beats women so also trash.

Why is Burfict trash? He's never done a thing off the field, and what has happened on the field is WAY overblown. I'm sorry, but this post is ridiculous.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote