Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Chiefs Respect Burfict
(10-20-2018, 05:19 PM)Roland Wrote: And where did they see the plays?  They're being told what to think about it by the media and the social media echo chamber.  Did they see the whole play?  Do they know Brown was a runner and not a "defenseless receiver"?  Do they recognize that Burfict really didn't make significant contact with Brown?  Or did they just see a video clip with someone raging over "Burfict's latest dirty hit?"

Amen Roland.....damn glad you made it here from the mothership.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 05:19 PM)Roland Wrote: And where did they see the plays?  They're being told what to think about it by the media and the social media echo chamber.  Did they see the whole play?  Do they know Brown was a runner and not a "defenseless receiver"?  Do they recognize that Burfict really didn't make significant contact with Brown?  Or did they just see a video clip with someone raging over "Burfict's latest dirty hit?"

I guess they’re all wrong and you’re right. Do you honestly believe that Burfict plays clean? I will concede that the league and refs watch him closer than most players. I think that he brought it on himself though. I try to be as objective about our players as what I am about players of hated rivals. Every team has a player or players like that.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 08:27 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I guess they’re all wrong and you’re right. Do you honestly believe that Burfict plays clean? I will concede that the league and refs watch him closer than most players. I think that he brought it on himself though. I try to be as objective about our players as what I am about players of hated rivals. Every team has a player or players like that.

The Steelers have a team MO, an organizational method.  Chuck Noll brought it and it's never left.  Burfict is a hothead with poor impulse control reacting to the barrage the Steelers send his way.  Don't ever compare the two.  The Steelers wish he was one of theirs.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 07:02 PM)RASCAL Wrote: go wussy out on another team! ANYONE WHO CHEERS TO LET ONE OF OUR OWN BENGALS GO< NEEDS TO GO ELSEWHERE!!! Stick that in your pipe and smoke it and take your bitchin somewhere else!

Hey there Mr. Maucho, thanks for proving my point. Online name calling, seriously? I’m so intimidated now, Smh. The only mistake that I made was trying to have a conversation with you, I’ll steer clear of that in the future. I do look forward to reading your future post of telling others to root for another team if they disagree with you, you’re an awesome legend!
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 08:33 PM)McC Wrote: The Steelers have a team MO, an organizational method.  Chuck Noll brought it and it's never left.  Burfict is a hothead with poor impulse control reacting to the barrage the Steelers send his way.  Don't ever compare the two.  The Steelers wish he was one of theirs.

I would agree with that. I also think that the Steelers have more players that get away with antics than any team that I get to see on a regular basis. I just don’t buy into Burfict being all innocent. He has earned a large part of his reputation.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 08:43 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I would agree with that. I also think that the Steelers have more players that get away with antics than any team that I get to see on a regular basis. I just don’t buy into Burfict being all innocent. He has earned a large part of his reputation.

I would never say he's innocent.  The whole situation is pretty maddening.  Eventually, he'll become a case of diminishing returns because, even though he has toned it down and hasn't twisted or punched anything in the pile in a while, he can't stop being who he is.

On the other hand, maybe he likes playing twelve game seasons.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 08:39 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Hey there Mr. Maucho, thanks for proving my point. Online name calling, seriously? I’m so intimidated now, Smh. The only mistake that I made was trying to have a conversation with you, I’ll steer clear of that in the future. I do look forward to reading your future post of telling others to root for another team if they disagree with you, you’re an awesome legend!

hey BANDWAGON FAN, NOW THATS NAME CALLING!!!
NOwhere in my post did I call you a name! Don't have to, you do that all by yourself!!!

Reply/Quote
This whole Burfict witch hunt wouldn't be so infuriating if the NFL and the media treated the Steelers the same way. But fact is, they turn a blind eye to all the dirty hits that franchise has been delivering for as long as they've existed.

Where is the compilation video of all the dirty hits by Ward, Mitchell, Gavin, James Harrison and even Pig Ben himself (he dove at Myles Garrett's knees a couple years back)?

Heck, it's tough to google dirty hits by the Steelers because the internet is so inundated with stories about what a monster Burfict is.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 08:27 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I guess they’re all wrong and you’re right. Do you honestly believe that Burfict plays clean? I will concede that the league and refs watch him closer than most players. I think that he brought it on himself though. I try to be as objective about our players as what I am about players of hated rivals. Every team has a player or players like that.

Yes, I agree that they're all wrong and I'm right.

I don't think Burfict has done anything more dirty than we see from the Steelers year after year since the ankle twisting stuff back in '14.  

I appreciate that you want to be objective but I don't think it's being objective when you allow them to hold our players to a different standard than the Steelers'.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 12:25 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This whole Burfict witch hunt wouldn't be so infuriating if the NFL and the media treated the Steelers the same way. But fact is, they turn a blind eye to all the dirty hits that franchise has been delivering for as long as they've existed.

Where is the compilation video of all the dirty hits by Ward, Mitchell, Gavin, James Harrison and even Pig Ben himself (he dove at Myles Garrett's knees a couple years back)?

Heck, it's tough to google dirty hits by the Steelers because the internet is so inundated with stories about what a monster Burfict is.

I mean...  for Christ's sake that team has several league rules made from various players because they're so f'ing dirty.

Yet we have one stinking LB'r who apparently can be fined and banned, yet not garner a league rule change.

Hmmm...  maybe because it happens all across the league and the players and coaches know it as well. Hmm
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
My take on Tez is that he doesnt help the team enough to overcome all the suspensions and personal foul penalties he receives. Are some of the fouls ridiculous? Absolutely..and its clear the officials are told to watch his every move. But when you cant rely on the guy because he gets suspended every year, why do you want to continue putting up with that?
Reply/Quote
I hate how the NFL is changing...I get it a lot of people love those long bombs, 1 handed catches etc..

But what gets me out of my seat yelling "BOOM" are those huge hits and blocks.

....off topic but wouldn't it suck to be a Chargers fan today? Game stared at 9:30 so that's 6:30 for most of them.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 11:28 AM)Synric Wrote: I hate how the NFL is changing...I get it a lot of people love those long bombs, 1 handed catches etc..

But what gets me out of my seat yelling "BOOM" are those huge hits and blocks.

I agree so much with this. Big hits, and the more physical stuff is what really first drew me towards both football and hockey as “my sports.” They’re doing their absolute best to ruin football these days, and they’ve changed the rules in hockey to gear it more towards speed and offense as well. But at least in hockey you know what’s what. The rules in the NFL are a joke.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 09:10 PM)McC Wrote: I would never say he's innocent.  The whole situation is pretty maddening.  Eventually, he'll become a case of diminishing returns because, even though he has toned it down and hasn't twisted or punched anything in the pile in a while, he can't stop being who he is.

On the other hand, maybe he likes playing twelve game seasons.

Maddening is right. Everyone knows how talented he is, his concussion history is a concern too.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 11:31 PM)RASCAL Wrote: hey BANDWAGON FAN, NOW THATS NAME CALLING!!!
NOwhere in my post did I call you a name! Don't have to, you do that all by yourself!!!

I’ve been a fan every year since around 88, any of us that have been around for any length of time obviously aren’t bandwagon. Everyone on here is a different type of fan. I’m fine with the type of fan that I am, as I’m sure that you are with yourself. Regardless of disagreements, I’ll be glued to the t.v. as tightly as you will be. Anyways, enjoy the game.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 03:51 AM)Roland Wrote: Yes, I agree that they're all wrong and I'm right.

I don't think Burfict has done anything more dirty than we see from the Steelers year after year since the ankle twisting stuff back in '14.  

I appreciate that you want to be objective but I don't think it's being objective when you allow them to hold our players to a different standard than the Steelers'.

I agree about the Steelers but you’re comparing one guy to a whole team. It’s all good, I’m just all amped up for a big win tonight!
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 04:54 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I agree about the Steelers but you’re comparing one guy to a whole team. It’s all good, I’m just all amped up for a big win tonight!

All good, except the Bengals' play tonight.  

Well, maybe enjoy some pumpkin donuts instead.  :andy:
Reply/Quote
I think the game has passed Burfict by. He has looked mediocre at best the past few weeks. As a run stuffer he has use. But the league has evolved into a passing league and his athleticism in coverage is being exposed. Perhaps he's just rusty.
Reply/Quote