Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Chiefs Respect Burfict
(10-20-2018, 10:05 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I like how the NFL says it wasn't an illegal hit on Gio because Shazier didn't line hiim up except you can clearly see that HE LINED HIM UP! And that's not even talking about how the "lining up" thing was nowhere to be found in the rules.

I know.  Looking at the play how could anyone say "he wasn't lining him up?".

The guy clearly took aim and lowered his head.

Jedi mind shit trying to be used by the league, announcers, refs, and the Stoolers.

There is solid proof that their team plays dirty and acts classless too.

Nobody who is a real fan of football buys into it...  do they?!?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 01:19 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: The most childish thing that people do on here is to tell others to go and cheer for another team anytime that they disagree with them. I’m not always right on here and neither are you or anyone else. Burfict has always taken cheap shots, twisting on ankles in piles and anything he thinks he can get away with. If he were on another team, everyone here would complain about him just like the fans from every other team in the league. I am a Bengals fan, I am not rooting for another team. You don’t have to like every aspect of the team to be a fan.

.....but it's mostly one team, idiot talking heads, and fans that parrot what they read, see, and hear. He twisted one ankle, and nut tapped a guy. He had a few iffy hits. Pig Pen twists a dude's ankle? Crickets .

He's done a few things here and there....but most of it is downright sensationalism when you REALLY look at it objectively.

FWIW....I never thought Harrison was that dirty either except for the shot on McCoy.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not to mention all of the spearing that Shazier did and nothing was EVER said. Now he's a fuggin "hero"? TFOH....

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 01:27 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I know.  Looking at the play how could anyone say "he wasn't lining him up?".

Jedi mind shit trying to be used by the league, announcers, refs, and the Stoolers.

Unfortunately .....they do, and some of our fans to boot.

Reply/Quote
From the comments:

"Why are Steelers’ fans so terrified of Burfict? Simple, because their own player -Smith-Schuster, picked a fight with him and got suspended and now the Steelers’ fans are terrified of karma. It’s always the dirtiest team that complains the most."

Think about that people.....

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 11:24 AM)motoarch Wrote: Burfict is trash and hill beats women so also trash.

You conveniently failed to mention the extremely well liked superstar TE Travis Kelce’s comments...

“You’ve got to be aware on the football field at all times,” Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce said Friday, via Lynn Worthy of the Kansas City Star. “I mean, it’s grown men with pads and a reckless abandon. I don’t think this week is any different. I know five-five [Burfict’s jersey number] personally. I don’t think he’s out for anybody right now. I think it’s just the way he plays the game. You know what I mean? Either you’ve got a guy like that on your team or you don’t.”

Both Kelce and Hill could have easily said no comment when asked about Burfict, but thankfully there are still players who aren’t afraid to go against a narrative and give their actual opinions.

I’m sure tons of players around the league would agree with Hill on wanting Burfict on their team too.

But I know this is a waste of time, as your mind is made up and won’t be changed. It’s just starting to seem like trolling when your lone contribution to every Burfict thread is “he’s trash.”

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 01:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: Unfortunately .....they do, and some of our fans to boot.

I don't even care about Tez anymore.

If this team could somehow, someway, get our infamous "LB Whisperer" to draft a game-changer LB that's not a project...  I'd be happy as hell.

Ol' Marvy has had 16 damn years to find one that was a high level reliable player and never did.

I couldn't care less about VB.  He's played well at times but also done some really dumb things considering the microscope he's under.

If that's all the league and some chump fans have to hang onto to slam on our players then good riddance.

The Bengals aren't the criminal team anymore.  The front office makes some questionable moves but is not the worst in the league by any means.

It just irks me to no end how our team is burdened by a lack of talent in the position that's something the Head Coach should be specialized in.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 01:20 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Look..... I've said it in the Burfict fine thread 3 times. Only ONE team has issue with him.....ONE. We all know bullies don't like to be punched back in the mouth, and that's why they have a problem with him. Then they whine to the media and to the league and it all gets blown WAY out of proportion. I just can't believe some of our fans are gullible enough to swallow the click bait.

I have Bronco and Brown fans that are friends. They all say the same about Burfict and it’s from watching games, not what the media says.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 01:30 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: .....but it's mostly one team, idiot talking heads, and fans that parrot what they read, see, and hear. He twisted one ankle, and nut tapped a guy. He had a few iffy hits. Pig Pen twists a dude's ankle? Crickets .

He's done a few things here and there....but most of it is downright sensationalism when you REALLY look at it objectively.

FWIW....I never thought Harrison was that dirty either except for the shot on McCoy.

It would be interesting to see a list voted on by fellow players. I’m sure that Burfict would make that list, there would probably also be some Steelers that make it. I just feel like I would be naive or a homer to say that the Bengals have no cheap shot artist on the team. I’ve seen Burfict enough through the years on contact after the play to know what he is. I respect his talent, just not his composure. It’s interesting how every bad point is brought to light on him in threads right after a suspension. Views change with posters when he’s allowed to play, mine are at least consistent.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 01:25 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Why is Burfict trash? He's never done a thing off the field, and what has happened on the field is WAY overblown. I'm sorry, but this post is ridiculous.

I’ve been over this too many times in other threads so I won’t go into it here. I would have let this thread come and go without comment but someone that made this personal in one of those other threads despite my best efforts to keep conversation respectful has passive aggressively called me out in this one.

So basically as silly as my comment may have seemed it was simply to troll a troll.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 02:20 PM)motoarch Wrote: I’ve been over this too many times in other threads so I won’t go into it here.  I would have let this thread come and go without comment but someone that made this personal in one of those other threads despite my best efforts to keep conversation respectful has passive aggressively called me out in this one.

So basically as silly as my comment may have seemed it was simply to troll a troll.

Translation: "If you don't know I'm not gonna tell ya."

Ninja
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 01:57 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I have Bronco and Brown fans that are friends. They all say the same about Burfict and it’s from watching games, not what the media says.

And where did they see the plays?  They're being told what to think about it by the media and the social media echo chamber.  Did they see the whole play?  Do they know Brown was a runner and not a "defenseless receiver"?  Do they recognize that Burfict really didn't make significant contact with Brown?  Or did they just see a video clip with someone raging over "Burfict's latest dirty hit?"
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 05:19 PM)Roland Wrote: And where did they see the plays?  They're being told what to think about it by the media and the social media echo chamber.  Did they see the whole play?  Do they know Brown was a runner and not a "defenseless receiver"?  Do they recognize that Burfict really didn't make significant contact with Brown?  Or did they just see a video clip with someone raging over "Burfict's latest dirty hit?"

You mean you don’t think fans of other teams watch every single Bengals game like we do? Surely their opinions aren’t based off watching him like once or twice a season...

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 01:19 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: The most childish thing that people do on here is to tell others to go and cheer for another team anytime that they disagree with them. I’m not always right on here and neither are you or anyone else. Burfict has always taken cheap shots, twisting on ankles in piles and anything he thinks he can get away with. If he were on another team, everyone here would complain about him just like the fans from every other team in the league. I am a Bengals fan, I am not rooting for another team. You don’t have to like every aspect of the team to be a fan.

go wussy out on another team! ANYONE WHO CHEERS TO LET ONE OF OUR OWN BENGALS GO< NEEDS TO GO ELSEWHERE!!! Stick that in your pipe and smoke it and take your bitchin somewhere else!

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 01:27 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I know.  Looking at the play how could anyone say "he wasn't lining him up?".

only some of our own IDIOT fans whom I can't stand because they are BANDWAGON TROLLS!!!

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 04:36 AM)Roland Wrote: Remember, in the minds of Steeler fans, the Shazier hit on Gio was a perfectly legal and super awesome play while Burfict grazing Brown's nameplate is the dirtiest play in the history of the NFL.

[Image: gio.0.gif]

[Image: gio2.0.gif]

And of course the only way to make this play even more super-awesome and first rate classy is to dance around on the 50 yard line while the other player is still sprawled out on the field.  And if it nearly causes a bench clearing brawl it's just because the other team is so low class and dirty.

You know, I think this hit is just so magic that if you look closely into Shazier's shiny black helmet you can see his future.

And that’s why I have no sympathy for Shazier. Everyone is making him out to be some angel but the guy was out to maim people every time he speared them.
Reply/Quote
And why we are it can someone put a montage of all the video clips of the iillegal Steeler hits and their coaches cheating on the sidelines. I would love to send that to the fools at Profootball Talk, Lance McCallister and Mo Egger.

I am sure ther is enough material out there.
Reply/Quote
They’re just trying not to poke the bear. Not a bad strategy.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 02:20 PM)motoarch Wrote: I’ve been over this too many times in other threads so I won’t go into it here.  I would have let this thread come and go without comment but someone that made this personal in one of those other threads despite my best efforts to keep conversation respectful has passive aggressively called me out in this one.

I gotcha brother....no excuse for that. We're all fans of the same team at the end of the day, and differing opinions make this hole wild show here on the boards what it is. I'd like to take this time to let you know I enjoy your posts here, and am glad you're an active participant. You keep doing you man. *Fist bump*

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 02:09 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: It would be interesting to see a list voted on by fellow players. I’m sure that Burfict would make that list, there would probably also be some Steelers that make it. I just feel like I would be naive or a homer to say that the Bengals have no cheap shot artist on the team. I’ve seen Burfict enough through the years on contact after the play to know what he is. I respect his talent, just not his composure. It’s interesting how every bad point is brought to light on him in threads right after a suspension. Views change with posters when he’s allowed to play, mine are at least consistent.

I'm old school. Mine are too brother. I respect your view, though I don't totally agree. I hope you do....who Dey.

Reply/Quote