Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Cincinnati Harambes
LINK:

[Image: 537652410.0.jpg]

More than 1,000 people have signed a petition to have the Cincinnati Bengals renamed to the Cincinnati Harambes, in honor of the gorilla that was killed at the Cincinnati Zoo back in May.

On May 28, 2016, a three-year-old boy climbed into the gorilla enclosure at the Cincinnati Zoo. The situation resulted in a zoo worker shooting Harambe, a 17-year-old Western lowland gorilla, in an effort to save the young boy. Harambe attracted international attention and controversy and has become an internet sensation.

The petition to have the Bengals renamed is collecting signatures via Change.org. And if you’re wondering the reasoning behind the petition, creator, Julian Ortiz, writes:

The Cleveland Browns named their team after a former Coach who made a great impact on their city so why can’t the Bengals do it as well in honor of a hero who made an impact on their city too!

The petition was started on Saturday with a now-achieved goal of 1,000 signatures. Ortiz plans to deliver the petition to the city of Cincinnati and the Bengals' organization.

Many of the people who have signed the petition are from overseas with Germany and the United Kingdom among the represented countries. Here’s one of the many comments on the petition, this one from someone in Canada:

I'm signing because, although I do not live in Cinncanati (sic), the entire party of support for Harambe has left an overwhelmingly inspirational message in my heart,"

A person from Pittsburgh commented saying, "Harambe deserves to be honored." A petition signee from Tuscon Arizona wrote, “I'm signing because I miss my dude Harambe.”

You can check out some of the less safe for work comments on the petition page.

While this is seemingly a joke, I feel pretty confident in saying the Bengals will not be having a name-change the to Cincinnati Harambes.

I mean, I hope not as well... I guess I'm just in shock that there is a petition in effect.

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
signed
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 12:12 AM)Stormborn Wrote: signed

Mellow

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
#DicksoutforHarambe
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
[Image: ad5.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 12:23 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: #DicksoutforHarambe

[Image: x--iHF_F3-TCPwiX_HxQY5Qlef0_A2q4zNpRJM1B...99ef82b8c1]
Reply/Quote
Well... that settles it....
We HAVE to throw a child in with the tigers, now.
Ninja

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
[Image: levitc.jpg]

"QUICK. HAND ME THE GUN!"
Reply/Quote
#nobodytalksaboutthesurvialstory
#thatshitsjusttoopositive

Reply/Quote
Well, it looks like there are at least a thousand and two imbeciles in the Cincinnati area.....
Reply/Quote
If I assume this is more of a gesture of good will and respect just to make it so we don't forget about Harambe, then I think this is nice.

If they actually think this petition will cause any change, then this is stupid.
Reply/Quote
The Browns were not named after the Brown Family.....That alone show the stupidity of this...
Reply/Quote
if they cant force the redskins to change their name no number of petitions will make this happen...

Thank goodness.
Reply/Quote
I could get behind the Cincinnati Silverbacks.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Wait, I thought that animal rights activists were up in arms about teams using animals as their mascots? I wish they would make up their damned minds!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
A friend shared this to my timeline today.....the thought of Mike Brown being presented with this made me lol.  I mean, the dude turned down the sponsorship coin to keep his dad's name on the stadium......I don't see him changing the name his father gave the team.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 12:28 PM)jason Wrote: I could get behind the Cincinnati Silverbacks.

there was already a sports team with that name in Cincinnati once...

a Soccer Team...   So nope.
Reply/Quote
Maybe shortening then name down would help? The Cincinnati Harams
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Can't they just change the name of the Reds instead?
Reply/Quote
The only name change I'm interested in them making is making them "The Super Bowl Champion Cincinnati Bengals".....
Reply/Quote