Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Cincinnati Street Car
(12-18-2016, 03:06 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: I'm saying we're not as large a city as some want to think.

Physically, the city of Cincinnati is larger than New York city.

And, metro area Cincinnati is pretty big.  A well conceived light rail system could be a real asset in the area. One post from Nebuchadnezzar even outlined how it could serve the region. Then if the region grew in popuilation, it would be even more of an asset. If the region stayed the same size it would be an asset. Even if the region shrunk it would be beneficial.

Think of the area without I-75, I-71, I-275 and I-471 and you may get a sense of what a game changer light rail could be.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2016, 08:37 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: The first thing they should have done was have the streetcar go from the airport in Kentucky to downtown Cincinnati. 

Then they set up a route in the downtown/uptown area 
Then a route from downtown to and from Covington/Newport
Then a route from downtown to and from the east side
Then a route from downtown to and from the west side
Then a route from downtown to and from the north side

Once all of greater Cincinnati is connected then have a route to and from Dayton...then Columbus...then Indianapolis...then Lexington...then Louisville.

Make Union Terminal the main hub like it used to be.

I like the idea, but is that really possible with a street car? That sounds like more of a light rail type of thing to me. I think the street car only goes like 35-40 mph 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 10:24 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I like the idea, but is that really possible with a street car? That sounds like more of a light rail type of thing to me. I think the street car only goes like 35-40 mph 

Yeah all the things we've been saying should have been done are a whole different thing, and a totally different price tag.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 11:25 PM)xxlt Wrote: Physically, the city of Cincinnati is larger than New York city.

And, metro area Cincinnati is pretty big.  A well conceived light rail system could be a real asset in the area. One post from Nebuchadnezzar even outlined how it could serve the region. Then if the region grew in popuilation, it would be even more of an asset. If the region stayed the same size it would be an asset. Even if the region shrunk it would be beneficial.

Think of the area without I-75, I-71, I-275 and I-471 and you may get a sense of what a game changer light rail could be.

Sigh.

You're killing me, Smalls.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 12:09 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: Sigh.

You're killing me, Smalls.

That's what they said when Eisenhower pushed the Interstate highway system. Thank goodness he didn't listen.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 02:43 PM)xxlt Wrote: That's what they said when Eisenhower pushed the Interstate highway system. Thank goodness he didn't listen.

I'm talking about strictly the street car here in Cincinnati. Not the entire expanded Tri State area.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 05:00 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: I'm talking about strictly the street car here in Cincinnati. Not the entire expanded Tri State area.

Oh, I see. Then you are 100% correct. 

PS, Andy Dalton sucks.

PPS, Mike Brown is a skin flint with a small pp.

Hope I covered allegiance to all the issues as understood by conventional wisdom in Cincy.  :andy:  
Reply/Quote
Originally I thought one of the other options they were exploring besides the street car was a elevated train that went from CVG Cincy Dayton and kingsisland. Not sure if there was smaller stops in each area or 4 main stops with alt transport after departing.
Reply/Quote