Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Cohesive Season Done or Not Done Thread
Alright this thread is the Cohesive Thread for is the Season Done or not Done.  Once you post on this thread you are obliged to stick with your statement.  

So I am officially stating:  The Season is not done for the Cincinnati Bengals.

Reason:  The Bengals will make an adjustment and they still have the ability to catch on fire in the next 3-4 weeks.  

If they do not then I am obligated to state I was wrong and will do so!

So make your statement is the Season done or not done for the Bengals? and if so why!

WHO DEY!!!
Reply/Quote
Not done simply because they have not been eliminated from playoff contention yet. It may look grim, but it's not over till it's over. We'll just have to see how they respond.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Division is done. Wild card is not. Still wide open. Injuries are a huge concern though - that's what makes this all so improbable.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 02:44 PM)Garrus Wrote: Not done simply because they have not been eliminated from playoff contention yet. It may look grim, but it's not over till it's over. We'll just have to see how they respond.

Nice!!
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 02:25 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Alright this thread is the Cohesive Thread for is the Season Done or not Done.  Once you post on this thread you are obliged to stick with your statement.  

So I am officially stating:  The Season is not done for the Cincinnati Bengals.

Reason:  The Bengals will make an adjustment and they still have the ability to catch on fire in the next 3-4 weeks.  

If they do not then I am obligated to state I was wrong and will do so!

So make your statement is the Season done or not done for the Bengals? and if so why!

WHO DEY!!!

We might still make the playoffs. Season isn't over. There are about 9 teams competing for 7 spots in the AFC.

Now, IF we lose to the Steelers or Panthers...it's going to get really tough. You figure we'll lose to the Chiefs and Bills. So that's 6 losses. We can likely lose 1 other game besides those 2.

That said: This team is pretty bad at making adjustments. And the injuries are mounting. Our defense likely won't be dominant without Awuzie and the injuries at CB. And our pass rush isn't great. So QB's can pick us apart.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 02:46 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Division is done. Wild card is not. Still wide open. Injuries are a huge concern though - that's what makes this all so improbable.

This is whishy washy this is, is the Season Done Thread Done or not Done?

(:"
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 02:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We might still make the playoffs. Season isn't over. There are about 9 teams competing for 7 spots in the AFC.

Now, IF we lose to the Steelers or Panthers...it's going to get really tough. You figure we'll lose to the Chiefs and Bills. So that's 6 losses. We can likely lose 1 other game besides those 2.

That said: This team is pretty bad at making adjustments. And the injuries are mounting. Our defense likely won't be dominant without Awuzie and the injuries at CB. And our pass rush isn't great. So QB's can pick us apart.

So Season is not done for you Nice! 
Reply/Quote
With or with the injuries, this team has been spinning its wheels all year. We need to find a way to give rise to that magic again. How to do that is the million-dollar question. But the first step to overachieving is to stop underachieving. This is the time for the leaders to take control.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 02:48 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: So Season is not done for you Nice! 

It's not done, but it's on life support.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 02:47 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: This is whishy washy this is, is the Season Done Thread Done or not Done?

(:"

Not done then. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping Browns fans will be bragging they blew out the SB champs on MNF with their backup QB
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 02:53 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Not done then. 

Thank you !!! 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 02:53 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I'm hoping Browns fans will be bragging they blew out the SB champs on MNF with their backup QB

I almost was like answer the question then I was like MMMMMMMMMMM HHHHHHHHHMMM

Nice!  
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 02:50 PM)tms Wrote: With or with the injuries, this team has been spinning its wheels all year. We need to find a way to give rise to that magic again. How to do that is the million-dollar question. But the first step to overachieving is to stop underachieving. This is the time for the leaders to take control.

So season done or not done for you? 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 03:07 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: So season done or not done for you? 

Wasn't really talking about that either way, but if I had to pick one I'd say not done. Obviously. What's the point in saying that it is? I don't get that. We gonna tank lol? That ain't happening. Gonna keep the proverbial 'bar' low so as to protect ourselves from disappointment? We're big boys, we can handle an NFL season no matter the outcome. it's not done until it's done and it's time for the leaders to show their moxie. That's all I'm saying. The rest is not important imo.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 03:07 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: So season done or not done for you? 

Not done at all. Lots of teams thus far have looked like crap all year and a few like the 49r's who everybody wanted to crown them just a few weeks ago actually lost 2 in a row before beating the Rams. The NFL is full of adversity and, more so, it seems this year.

Now, it would certainly help if they got somebody before the 4:00 pm deal today but this team was everybody's hero just 24 hours ago, winning 4 of 5, and looking good.Had a few calls not go their way last night, a couple bad breaks, some terrible play, a couple bad kicks and before you know it steam-rolled.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 02:46 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Division is done. Wild card is not. Still wide open. Injuries are a huge concern though - that's what makes this all so improbable.

Agree with this.  The Pittsburgh loss when the Bengals were healthy everywhere but QB is the one that is going to haunt them.  Sneaking in as the 7-seed won't get them back to the Super Bowl but I think would still be important overall as we want the Bengals to be in the playoffs each year.  That's still doable.  They may get some schedule luck in Weeks 17/18 if Buffalo has already clinched the #1 seed and Baltimore has clinched the AFCN by then.  Of course, I'd prefer Week 18 to decide the division, but that will be tough with how easy of a stretch the Ravens have coming up.

They probably need to win the next three games, though.
Reply/Quote

How is the Division done when we are one game back from 1st place with 9 left to play? Do you give up on everything in life so easily?
Reply/Quote
Not done. 1 game out of first with over 1/2 season left to play. Got to get our shit together tho!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not done..... not done by any sense of the imagination.
Reply/Quote