Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Colonoscopy
(02-20-2020, 12:08 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Easy Harley, my wife suffers from diverticulitis.  When she has a "flare up", she is incapacitated for days, it takes some seriously strong antibiotics to clear it up.  After her last attack, they told her the next step was to have that section of her colon removed..

Geez, that sucks.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 12:08 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Easy Harley, my wife suffers from diverticulitis.  When she has a "flare up", she is incapacitated for days, it takes some seriously strong antibiotics to clear it up.  After her last attack, they told her the next step was to have that section of her colon removed..

The first time I had a bout of diverticulitis I thought I had a bowel blockage and needed surgery.  I sat on the toilet for an hour with the worst pains trying to take a dump but nothing would come out.  It hurt so bad I threw up in the parking lot of the emergency room.

I have only had it one time since then, but I knew what it was as soon as it started and went to the doctor before it got so bad.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 12:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The first time I had a bout of diverticulitis I thought I had a bowel blockage and needed surgery.  I sat on the toilet for an hour with the worst pains trying to take a dump but nothing would come out.  It hurt so bad I threw up in the parking lot of the emergency room.

I have only had it one time since then, but I knew what it was as soon as it started and went to the doctor before it got so bad.

I had a friend who got hit with it.  He had never heard of it before so had no idea what was happening, and he said he honestly thought he was dying.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
"diverticulitis".. Is it just me or does it appear that someone deep in the bowels (pun completely intended) of Doctorville is now inventing new and exciting ways for us to all die of some horrendous and extremely painful condition? I'm not trying to belittle anyone with such a condition, but c'mon man! How many diseases to we need to learn about that we never knew existed until we have it these days?
I just about expect any day to read the following: "Doctors have informed us and are celebrating a new, extremely painful condition that will most definitely kill you slowly and surely, but it has no name and they have no idea what causes it nor do they have the first clue how to either treat it or cure it. It's completely beyond the scope of any pain medication and no known medication shows even the slightest promise. Government officials were quick to completely deny the existence of such condition. 'It's all in your heads!' as proclaimed recently by the powers that be."
Yeah..I can see that coming. Anyone else? "Trust us", continued the government official. "Your health is more important to us than power or money!"  Oh, absolutely! Nervous

I know..to the novice it may appear that I don't particularly trust our government about everything ever known or not known.. Cool To such novices I say, YOU ARE CORRECT sirs and madams!
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote