Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Correct Term Is "On Strike"
So Lewis gets resigned for 2 more years...wow surprise surprise. What do you expect? People are angry and some are reaching for a reason to hang on to an impossible situation.

Quite frankly, Im on strike. What does that mean? It means I will always be a fan of the Bengals because I personally don't give a shit about any other team. BUT, since 2010 when Marvin was resigned when he really should've been shown the door I was on strike. I don't expect a thing from this team with Lewis leading and a imbecile for an owner.

This is the life of a Bengal fan and comes with the territory. Until Lewis leaves and Brown kicks the can, expect more of the same. Nothing will change. we can go 8-0 like a few years ago and implode in the end....just like a few years ago.

So do yourself a favor...go on strike. It really just makes you shake your head at the end of the day when you see the silly decision making Cincinnati makes on a day to day basis while keeping your football sanity. Just DON'T get caught in the "its different this year" cause it wont be...EVER!
Reply/Quote
Definately need to see a new DC and a new LB coach but getting rid of piano man is a big deal whether you know it or not.

Dude had a lot of say in shit with him being the assistant HC and all.

They bring back Paulie G and Haslett and i will be on strike.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 07:23 PM)GodFather Wrote: So Lewis gets resigned for 2 more years...wow surprise surprise. What do you expect? People are angry and some are reaching for a reason to hang on to an impossible situation.

Quite frankly, Im on strike. What does that mean? It means I will always be a fan of the Bengals because I personally don't give a shit about any other team. BUT, since 2010 when Marvin was resigned when he really should've been shown the door I was on strike. I don't expect a thing from this team with Lewis leading and a imbecile for an owner.

This is the life of a Bengal fan and comes with the territory. Until Lewis leaves and Brown kicks the can, expect more of the same. Nothing will change. we can go 8-0 like a few years ago and implode in the end....just like a few years ago.

So do yourself a favor...go on strike. It really just makes you shake your head at the end of the day when you see the silly decision making Cincinnati makes on a day to day basis while keeping your football sanity. Just DON'T get caught in the "its different this year" cause it wont be...EVER!

Sounds reasonable.  But if we were reasonable, we damn sure wouldn't be Bengal fans.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 07:41 PM)McC Wrote: Sounds reasonable.  But if we were reasonable, we damn sure wouldn't be Bengal fans.

Yeah and common sense would actually be common.
Reply/Quote
I’m boycottting wins. I’ve been rooting for losses for two seasons now and it almost worked this year. Once Marv is gone, I can start rooting for wins again. I might have to wait for MB to be gone too...
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 08:57 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’m boycottting wins. I’ve been rooting for losses for two seasons now and it almost worked this year. Once Marv is gone, I can start rooting for wins again. I might have to wait for MB to be gone too...

At this rate you might as well start rooting for this team to win a SB cause that seems to be the only way Marvin leaves. Losses mean nothing to MB, he still gets his share of league money but, if this team wins a SB ( sorry had to chuckle) Marvin may retire. Its sad that we try to balance things out just because a OL coach was let go, 7 years too late also. I think he was, not sure just going by remarks on here. I have not seen anything about PA being officially gone. Anyone have a link? Thanks.
Reply/Quote
I have a feeling the Bengals will AGAIN have the lowest attendance
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 08:17 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: I have a feeling the Bengals will AGAIN have the lowest attendance

They've been ranked in the bottom 5 for attendance the last few years. Safe bet with Marvin coming back.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 07:23 PM)GodFather Wrote: So Lewis gets resigned for 2 more years...wow surprise surprise. What do you expect? People are angry and some are reaching for a reason to hang on to an impossible situation.

This is how I feel exactly. I never once claimed that I wouldn't be a fan of the Bengals for any reason and I've called out the liars who said they would be done if Marvin came back. If you're really a FAN, you will never leave. I know because I can't help myself, I love my team. It doesn't mean I'm a fan of the management or certain players on the roster. I see the Bengals logo and yep, "I'm a fan", always will be. I was born and raised in Cincinnati. The only way I hop off the who-dey train is if we leave town (which won't happen btw so people can keep the tin foil hats on). I see Mike Brown and I go on a rant... I personally will not purchase tickets or Bengals gear until we win a playoff game. My family and my girlfriends side of her family bought me a ton of Bengals gear this Christmas....... I didn't want to be rude cause they know I'm a die hard fan, but I was just kinda bleh about it. I'll still watch games with friends and family, but Mike is not seeing a penny from me.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Going on strike. Actually, I am going into hibernation until the M&M boys are gone. I don't mind something new, even if it loses, as long as it shows fight and heart. But with this combo, I don't expect anything to change. I will see how the first game pans out. I am only looking for two things: heart and halftime adjustments. They BOTH have to show up or else it will be the same stale Marv-coached dead inside team.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I can dig it,

I'm not gonna quit on the Bengals, I am gonna quit on the M&M show if I don't see some major moves going on this offseason. It can't continue operating as before and have me watching come next Sept.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

That's probably a better way to say it than "I'm done," I agree.
Most fans don't comment on a message board for so many years, so I would consider us all pretty passionate, dedicated fans. And like you said, it's going to be nearly impossible to switch teams or give up rooting for a team altogether.
So it really does likely come down to going "on strike" until this team gives you hope again. With the re-signing of Lewis, it's hard to have that hope. He's said many good things since being given his extension, but those words could fall on deaf ears if that isn't backed up from what we see happen in March and April.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 07:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah and common sense would actually be common.

People seem to think that common sense is what we should all strive for, but really common sense is herd mentality. It's along the same line as great minds think alike which has never been true..
Great minds think very independently. It's the uncommon mind that sticks out up and beyond. 
If all great minds thought alike great inventions would be very slow in coming if they ever occurred..
Sheep think alike, birds do too. Common minds tend to follow the same path regardless of circumstances. 
Nope, I prefer uncommon sense. It actually gets things done.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The term is re-sign. Resign has a completely different meaning. Almost a polar opposite.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 01:37 AM)TKUHL Wrote: At this rate you might as well start rooting for this team to win a SB cause that seems to be the only way Marvin leaves. Losses mean nothing to MB, he still gets his share of league money but, if this team wins a SB ( sorry had to chuckle) Marvin may retire. Its sad that we try to balance things out just because a OL coach was let go, 7 years too late also. I think he was, not sure just going by remarks on here. I have not seen anything about PA being officially gone. Anyone have a link? Thanks.

I usually don't agree with you but you are pretty spot on here, losses mean nothing to MB.  It's official, words from Merv and even an article about PA thanking everyone for his time here.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 12:54 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: The term is re-sign. Resign has a completely different meaning. Almost a polar opposite.

Or wishful thinking! 
Reply/Quote