Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Crying is Embarrassing
(12-02-2021, 08:23 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They sounded angry that the Bengals were celebrating. Oh and the first play he ever saw was the Immaculate Reception?  Never saw a football game before and then just happened to walk in the room then?

Sorry to derail things, but I once saw an interview with the guy that filmed that play from the famous endzone view, and he recounted how Franco Harris scoring on that play literally saved this man's life.  The man was friends with Pirate great Roberto Clemente, and Clemente had decided to personally accompany a flight of earthquake relief supplies to their destination of Nicaragua on New Year's Eve, and invited the man along.  He agreed to go, but because the Steelers won that game against the Raiders and their playoff season continued, the man's work responsibilities with the Steelers prevented him from accompanying Clemente on the flight.  The flight crashed into the Atlantic, killing Clemente and everyone aboard.

Again, sorry for derailing the thread, I just think that's an interesting story.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 08:37 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Sorry to derail things, but I once saw an interview with the guy that filmed that play from the famous endzone view, and he recounted how Franco Harris scoring on that play literally saved this man's life.  The man was friends with Pirate great Roberto Clemente, and Clemente had decided to personally accompany a flight of earthquake relief supplies to their destination of Nicaragua on New Year's Eve, and invited the man along.  He agreed to go, but because the Steelers won that game against the Raiders and their playoff season continued, the man's work responsibilities with the Steelers prevented him from accompanying Clemente on the flight.  The flight crashed into the Atlantic, killing Clemente and everyone aboard.

Again, sorry for derailing the thread, I just think that's an interesting story.  

Not at all. How about Clemente having exactly 3000 hits?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 12:58 AM)Whatever Wrote: From '07-'10, Tomlin had a 5-2 playoff record, including 2 SB appearances and one SB win.

Since then, he has a playoff record of 3-6 and hasn't won a playoff game since '16.  

Stop it, just stop it.

Tomlin is going to be a Hall of Fame coach.

Stop your whining, you sound like Steven A. Smith.  Cry 

If you have a complaint, complain about...

Don't ever forget who your real enemies are!!!!! 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 08:42 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Not at all. How about Clemente having exactly 3000 hits?

Crazy.  He's also the only man to ever hit a walk-off, inside-the-park grand slam.  That must have been a thing to behold.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 08:47 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Crazy.  He's also the only man to ever hit a walk-off, inside-the-park grand slam.  That must have been a thing to behold.  

Did not know that.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 08:23 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They sounded angry that the Bengals were celebrating. Oh and the first play he ever saw was the Immaculate Reception?  Never saw a football game before and then just happened to walk in the room then?

I thought that was weird too.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 04:49 PM)Wyche Wrote: This. This is exactly what I was going to post. Now that the league is cracking down on cheap shots and spearing, they ain't shit. I've raised that point a time or two on various threads. This is exactly the bottom line. No one fears them because they can't cheap shot folks and get away with it anymore. It's obvious their demise coincided with the crack down on helmet to helmet hits. No more "keeping your head on a swivel".

And the league is better for it.  I saw Polumalu (who I thought was incredible) knock himself out leading with his helmet.  That guy never raised his head....always led with it.  He is going to be the next Merrill Hoge and not know how to find his way home in 20 years.  Sad. 
Reply/Quote
Just watched about half of it and couldn't stomach any more historical Steeler **** sucking.
Reply/Quote
Squeeler fans will never know just how much the rest of the known universe is utterly delighted to witness their meltdown into the whiny bunch of children they are.. It's the epitome of zero self awareness.. Do they REALLY think the rest of us feel sorry for them? Yeah, right! Hilarious I'd love to be able to make a birthday cake from their tears..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 10:15 PM)Stewy Wrote: Just watched about half of it and couldn't stomach any more historical Steeler **** sucking.

I find it hilarious. It's the proverbial class bully having his pants fall down in front of the entire school only to show everyone the smallest penis on the planet..and brown stained underwear...I almost forgot all the yellow piss stains.. Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 08:45 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Stop it, just stop it.

The HoF is extremely tough to make as a HC.  I mean, Jimmy Johnson didn't make it in until '20.  Tom Flores didn't make it until '21.  Mike Shanahan still isn't in.  George Seifert still hasn't made it, either, and he has the similar stigma Tomlin will battle of being a guy who inherited Bill Walsh's team.  Tomlin will have longevity and coaching for a popular team in his favor, though.

I think he's a good HC, but he isn't elite.  I don't see him as a guy who elevates his roster.  
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 08:45 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Stop it, just stop it.

Best part.....he actually said "We Dey" to Boomer right before kickoff. LOL

Cowher wasn't too far removed from our own run of dominance over these pukes. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 01:30 AM)Whatever Wrote: The HoF is extremely tough to make as a HC.  I mean, Jimmy Johnson didn't make it in until '20.  Tom Flores didn't make it until '21.  Mike Shanahan still isn't in.  George Seifert still hasn't made it, either, and he has the similar stigma Tomlin will battle of being a guy who inherited Bill Walsh's team.  Tomlin will have longevity and coaching for a popular team in his favor, though.

I think he's a good HC, but he isn't elite.  I don't see him as a guy who elevates his roster.  

Hi Whatever,

I hope that Tomlin "no longer" elevates his roster. The roster(s) that Kevin Colbert created as well as owner Dan Rooney and president Art Rooney II.

Mr. Colbert will retire in 2022 and in my opinion, is the best GM since 2000. I can list a number of players that Tomlin developed that were nowhere near Cowher's team and many of them flopped after they left the Steelers.   

I am not rooting for Tomlin, but he has more class than Cowher. I don't see Tomlin screaming "We Dey" in the locker room. 

I don't know about you, but that only "win" that Cowher had in the Superbowl was a pathetic gift by the refs against the Seahawks. You give Cowher too much credit and for ''Whatever" Wink reason not enough credit for Tomlin 14 years as HC without a losing record. A feat that Jimmy Johnson, Tom Flores, Mike Shanahan, and George Seifert never accomplished. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 07:13 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Hi Whatever,

I hope that Tomlin "no longer" elevates his roster. The roster(s) that Kevin Colbert created as well as owner Dan Rooney and president Art Rooney II.

Mr. Colbert will retire in 2022 and in my opinion, is the best GM since 2000. I can list a number of players that Tomlin developed that were nowhere near Cowher's team and many of them flopped after they left the Steelers.   

I am not rooting for Tomlin, but he has more class than Cowher. I don't see Tomlin screaming "We Dey" in the locker room. 

I don't know about you, but that only "win" that Cowher had in the Superbowl was a pathetic gift by the refs against the Seahawks. You give Cowher too much credit and for ''Whatever" Wink reason not enough credit for Tomlin 14 years as HC without a losing record. A feat that Jimmy Johnson, Tom Flores, Mike Shanahan, and George Seifert never accomplished. 

On what planet does Tomlin have more class than Cowher?  The guy that stuck his leg onto the field to try and trip a kick returner?  The guy that had his players sticking their thumbs up player's asses in the pile?  The guy that had assistant coaches attacking opposing players on the sideline?  The guy that let his players make Tic Toc videos dancing on other team's logos?  The guy who let his assistants charge the field?  The guy that coached leading with the helmet so much that one of his own guys damn near paralyzed himself doing I?

Cowher is far from class.  That said, Mike Tomlin is the most bush league PoS head coach to come along since Buddy Ryan.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 10:12 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: My God they are whining so hard.

Mike Tonkin has always been a mediocre to terrible coach coasting off Bill Cowhers roster.

You can't be serious... 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 11:40 AM)Whatever Wrote: On what planet does Tomlin have more class than Cowher?  The guy that stuck his leg onto the field to try and trip a kick returner?  The guy that had his players sticking their thumbs up player's asses in the pile?  The guy that had assistant coaches attacking opposing players on the sideline?  The guy that let his players make Tic Toc videos dancing on other team's logos?  The guy who let his assistants charge the field?  The guy that coached leading with the helmet so much that one of his own guys damn near paralyzed himself doing I?

Cowher is far from class.  That said, Mike Tomlin is the most bush league PoS head coach to come along since Buddy Ryan.

He also handed James Harrison an envelope full of money once to pay a fine for a hit that gave a Browns player a concussion.

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 11:43 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You can't be serious... 

I am serious. And don’t call me Shirley.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 11:40 AM)Whatever Wrote: On what planet does Tomlin have more class than Cowher?  The guy that stuck his leg onto the field to try and trip a kick returner?  The guy that had his players sticking their thumbs up player's asses in the pile?  The guy that had assistant coaches attacking opposing players on the sideline?  The guy that let his players make Tic Toc videos dancing on other team's logos?  The guy who let his assistants charge the field?  The guy that coached leading with the helmet so much that one of his own guys damn near paralyzed himself doing I?

Well he didn’t stick his leg out so much as turned his back and stood in the way
Reply/Quote
Man that was some cry baby shit. Stephen Asswipe acted like he played with the Steelers for heck sake.

At least Ryan Clark played for them but damn, made me love that win even more and how we rubbed it in their faces
worse than Housh cleaning his cleats with that piss towel. LMAO!!!

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 02:40 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I am serious. And don’t call me Shirley.

Then that's a horrible take. 

Tomlin has been one of the most consistent coaches in the league over the past decade. When it's all said and done I would kill for Zach Taylor to end up with the resume that Tomlin has. 

Won the division 7 times in 13 years.
Two Super Bowl appearances and one win.
Went to AFC Championship game 3 times.

All of this during the Brady/Bellichick era as well.

The dude has NEVER had a losing record.

The biggest problem with the Steelers over the past couple of years is that they refused to rebuild their aging roster. They should have cut bait with Ben years ago.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote