Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Curse of Bo Jackson - a must watch
One of our behind the scenes guys, Mike Nyerges, did a great job with this:

http://www.cincinnati.com/videos/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/06/27/bengals-50-curse-bo-jackson/103241312/
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
I vaguely remember the play Jackson got hurt on. The play I really remember is him breaking free and running the length of the field, and being run down and tackled by Rod Jones. No one was supposed to be able to catch Jackson in those days. I remember Jackson sitting there after the tackle looking at Jones in disbelief. 
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2017, 08:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I vaguely remember the play Jackson got hurt on. The play I really remember is him breaking free and running the length of the field, and being run down and tackled by Rod Jones. No one was supposed to be able to catch Jackson in those days. I remember Jackson sitting there after the tackle looking at Jones in disbelief. 

I thought it was Kevin walker. Bo had gotten thru the line and was moving toward the sideline to head up field. Walker had the angle and brought him down awkwardly from behind. Bo was twisted at a wired angle. It didn't look particularly bad when it happened

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2017, 10:01 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I thought it was Kevin walker.  Bo had gotten thru the line and was moving toward the sideline to head up field.  Walker had the angle and brought him down awkwardly from behind.  Bo was twisted at a wired angle.  It didn't look particularly bad when it happened

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walker is the linebacker who injured him. Jones ran him the length of the field  and caught him on a different play. 1:42 in....

Reply/Quote
Rod Jones WAS fast. Unfortunately, it seems like he was always showing it off by chasing?
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2017, 02:15 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Rod Jones WAS fast. Unfortunately, it seems like he was always showing it off by chasing?

Ran in the 4.2s.  But was a bad db.   We all called him "Toast" back in the day.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2017, 02:38 PM)3wt Wrote: Ran in the 4.2s.  But was a bad db.   We all called him "Toast" back in the day.

I see what you did there..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Loved the video, however I think the 90s was the curse of Mike Brown and his bad decisions. And now we can't win a playoff game because of poor coaching. Marvin always freezes in big games. Except 2005. I don't think Carson's injury was an accident. The Steelers will try to take you out if you're in their way, and they get away with it.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2017, 02:15 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Rod Jones WAS fast. Unfortunately, it seems like he was always showing it off by chasing?

Yep...which earned him the nickname 'toast'.   
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2017, 12:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Walker is the linebacker who injured him. Jones ran him the length of the field  and caught him on a different play. 1:42 in....

It was also a different game.  The Rod Jones play was in the regular season, the Kevin Walker play (the career ender) was the playoff.
Reply/Quote
I know people like the title of "The Curse Of Bo Jackson" and all but I do believe that it should be called "The Brown Curse" instead.

Seriously, when what's his face fired Paul Brown from the Cleveland Browns, that's when the curse started and any team associated with the Brown name has been cursed.

Before Paul Brown was fired the Cleveland Browns were Champions and after, they have stunk up the place. Then when the Browns left Cleveland and moved to Baltimore changing their name to the Ravens, all of a sudden they win a Super Bowl and another 14 or so years later.

The Bengals draft a QB named Greg Cook who was so good that he won Rookie of the Year even though he was injured then just couldn't get it together after. Bob Trumpy said if Cook never had his arm ripped off by Kansas City, he would have had multiple Super Bowl Rings.

Paul picking Tiger Johnson over Bill Walsh.
Stanley Wilson
Tim Krumrei 
the Mike Brown Era starts
Ki'Jana Carter messing his knee up in Detroit. He was very special.
Dave Shula
Klingler
Akili Smith
Carson's Knee
Carson's Elbow
Marvin Lewis
Andy's Thumb

Just look at the list, stupidity from the front office and really bad luck from the beginning.

It's the Brown name and when Mike retires, they need to change Paul Brown Stadium to anything else as long as it doesn't have the Brown name anywhere. The Bengals will win Super Bowl after Super Bowl if they do that.
Reply/Quote
Well, technically the original Browns organization that Arthur Modell fired Paul Brown from when to Baltimore, won a Super Bowl and has had some good success. Technically, the current Cleveland Browns are / were an expansion team. They were just allowed to keep the history of the old one, in some ways.

But your feelings are shared by other fans, that's for sure.
Reply/Quote