Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Curse of Oak Island
(03-24-2018, 07:11 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Anyone watching the Confederate gold show?

I haven't bothered to research it - which seems like it would be pretty tough, anyway - but if what they've revealed so far is true/real it's pretty fascinating.

I don't know if a container full of gold actually fell off or was pushed off a ship, but it seems to me like this gold probably did exist and was heisted by some Union soldiers from Michigan.

I can't get my interest up.  i remember learning about Oak Island as a kid, so that was something that interested me.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dan Blankenship died Sunday. I'm assuming they didn't blow it wide open by the end of filming this season, so he never got to see how it all ends. Dude had a ridiculous memory.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 09:15 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Dan Blankenship died Sunday.  I'm assuming they didn't blow it wide open by the end of filming this season, so he never got to see how it all ends.  Dude had a ridiculous memory.

Sorry to hear that. I wish they would have found something really big before he passed. And they did find some really cool stuff ! That cross, the jewelry and other artifacts.

It's certain there was activity on that island hundreds of years ago. What is still there ?
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 10:06 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Sorry to hear that. I wish they would have found something really big before he passed. And they did find some really cool stuff ! That cross, the jewelry and other artifacts.

It's certain there was activity on that island hundreds of years ago. What is still there ?

RIP Dan.

I dunno, but they are starting to find some real interesting timbers and large pieces of leather in the latest caisson.  I'm not sure that any treasure will be found, but the quest of information in regards to solving the riddle is what interests me the most anyway.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
A lot of very interesting developments. I always thought the show was a bit of a scam, a made-for-tv drama that was actually surprisingly dull.

And you can sense, even among the "actors", that the show has run its course. But it is looking like they are going to "solve" the mystery, one way or the other.

It does seem a bit convenient and contrived, but they've laid out definitive paths that would seem to have some real finality.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2019, 06:55 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: A lot of very interesting developments.  I always thought the show was a bit of a scam, a made-for-tv drama that was actually surprisingly dull.

And you can sense, even among the "actors", that the show has run its course.  But it is looking like they are going to "solve" the mystery, one way or the other.

It does seem a bit convenient and contrived, but they've laid out definitive paths that would seem to have some real finality.

I think this is real for the guys, but there are parts that are set up for TV.  The constant stream of people with their theories on what is there.  What does that matter?  That doesn't help you find it.  Find the treasure and you will likely answer who put it there.  Once again the narrator is just over the top annoying.  The swages and the chisel.  At one point the swages could be six hundred years old.  Then they find the chisel that could have been used by Daniel McGinnes and all of a sudden the swages could have been used to sharpen that chisel just completely writing over the "could be 600 years old" excitment.  

And I still find it hard to believe nobody knows where the money pit is.  They kept records of every hole they dug but that one?

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2019, 11:12 AM)michaelsean Wrote: And I still find it hard to believe nobody knows where the money pit is.  They kept records of every hole they dug but that one?

All excellent points.  I get there could be confusion and lost in translation, but to your point you'd pretty much know where the money pit should be.

I go back and forth almost every episode.  But the most interesting aspect is the Lagina's were going to walk after S1 because they thought the key find was staged.   I do think they're comfortably wealthy, and they wouldn't waste their time chasing windmills for a mediocre cable check.

Anyway, this season feels like they've set it all up to be definitive.  Maybe one more year, but this is definitely the end of the road.  

Reply/Quote
The show is like they took Geraldo's "Al Capone's vault" and made a series out of it. The good thing about the show is you can take a nap and wake up and you don't have to rewind because you know you haven't missed anything.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 06:33 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: All excellent points.  I get there could be confusion and lost in translation, but to your point you'd pretty much know where the money pit should be.

I go back and forth almost every episode.  But the most interesting aspect is the Lagina's were going to walk after S1 because they thought the key find was staged.   I do think they're comfortably wealthy, and they wouldn't waste their time chasing windmills for a mediocre cable check.

Anyway, this season feels like they've set it all up to be definitive.  Maybe one more year, but this is definitely the end of the road.  

I may have mentioned this before, but I wonder if they have a lockdown on everyone when/if they find something.  Like when you see a show that's looking for the ark of the Covenant I know how it's going to end because I'm pretty sure I would have heard something if it were found.  

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 09:43 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I may have mentioned this before, but I wonder if they have a lockdown on everyone when/if they find something.  Like when you see a show that's looking for the ark of the Covenant I know how it's going to end because I'm pretty sure I would have heard something if it were found.  

Right, my old man would get into shows like hunt for Big Foot, Oak Island etc I always told him I’m pretty sure something that extraordinary might make the news before the History Channel. Now he’s hooked on You tube which makes conversation very frustrating at times.
Reply/Quote
Doesn't someone have to die before they can solve the mystery?
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 03:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Doesn't someone have to die before they can solve the mystery?

Well Dan died but he wasn’t killed so I don’t know if that counts.

Reply/Quote
So it's leading toward they are going to find the money pit this year, and next year will begin the big excavation.

The guy with the theory this week had to be the worst yet. Three paintings that he just made up stuff about.

And just to save some money, the guys with the ground penetrating radar and the guys who use sonic waves from dynamite to find anomalies have never ever produced any results. They show some anomalies, make big guesses about what is there, and it's always a flop. Quit using them.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 10:22 AM)michaelsean Wrote: So it's leading toward they are going to find the money pit this year, and next year will begin the big excavation.

Yeah, it is all kind of suspect.

On one hand, there's potential that they found an empty Al Capone's vault in S1.....On the other, maybe it gravitated to a historical exploration that America was discovered much earlier.

Funny sidenote.....My DVR malfunctioned, and the last two episodes looked nearly identical.  I definitely feel like this show needs to find a conclusion.   My money is on no treasure, but a military installation that far pre-dates expectations.

Reply/Quote
I think they will find the hidden lair of the ancient "Oakisland Raiders", and call it "The Black Hole".
Reply/Quote
So the previous two episodes were almost identical....and then this week was little more than the transport and assembly of a swamp excavator.  Really starting to feel like it's all done and they needed filler shows (more so than usual).

The entire premise just still doesn't make sense to me.  That's A LOT of trouble to go to hiding treasure when no one even knows about the island.  If it's this hard to find it, then it seems like it would have been impossible to do the things claimed.

Reply/Quote
Looks like seismic testing is about to go 0-92 on Oak Island.

Finally they are talking about digging where they think the Money Pit is. It's been like four weeks since they determined they have a pretty good idea, so naturally they focus on digging up a pretend ship in the swamp.

Jack is like the live action narrator. He stands there and explains what they are doing to people who know exactly what they are doing.

I would have drowned Gary in the swamp by now.

Reply/Quote
Never watched the show but I get into these shows. I have heard the Templars were apart of burying the booby traps
and burying the so called "treasure". These traps have killed a lot of people, gotta be something down there.

Probably something more valuable than silver, gold and gems. Probably biblical of some sort.

I have seen a lot of this type of stuff covered up. YouTube has/had some really cool videos in the past, don't know
if they are on there anymore, so just take this from what I remember and I am completely honest...

The one that stands out to me is that in Jerusalem where Jesus was crucified and where there is still the cross hole
a guy from the U.S. think it was Kentucky dug from the side of the hill in and found the Ark of the Covenant. The
problem was that anyone that set their eyes upon it died. Guess God wasn't ready for it to be found.

The one guy that started the dig lived and took pictures but they were blurry.

I am a spiritual guy and a follower of Jesus Christ and believe everything has its time.
Reply/Quote
Hmmmm.....been quite a while since they think they pinpointed the money pit and still no drilling there. Usually when they decide they want to drill some holes, those monster trucks are hauling in the equipment in a day or two. I'm guessing they are holding off so they can end the season with a find.

anyone get the feeling Laird is faking it half the time? I mean he pretty much agrees with whatever someone else suggests. "Yeah that does look old. Yeah that does look like lead."

Also I think the GPS guy that lugs around that pole was brought in one day and just kind of never left, and nobody knows how to tell him to go.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 12:23 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Hmmmm.....been quite a while since they think they pinpointed the money pit and still no drilling there.  Usually when they decide they want to drill some holes, those monster trucks are hauling in the equipment in a day or two.  I'm guessing they are holding  off so they can end the season with a find.

anyone get the feeling Laird is faking it half the time?  I mean he pretty much agrees with whatever someone else suggests.  "Yeah that does look old.  Yeah that does look like lead."

Also I think the GPS guy that lugs around that pole was brought in one day and just kind of never left, and nobody knows how to tell him to go.

Yeah, they cannot tell the truth on these types of shows.

BTW, the guy I was talking about that supposedly found the Ark of the Covenant and Noah's Ark is Ron Wyatt if anyone wants to know.....
Reply/Quote