Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Curse of Oak Island
Havent watched for awhile. Any new discoveries?
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 11:30 PM)Johnv713 Wrote: Havent watched for awhile. Any new discoveries?

I'm catching up now because for some reason my DVR stopped recording and I didn't really realize it.  Just thought they were taking off a couple weeks.  Where I'm at, they are moving in the equipment to drill where they think the money pit is.  I think it's like a 60" hole they are going to make which I believe is a fair amount larger than they usually do.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 10:30 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm catching up now because for some reason my DVR stopped recording and I didn't really realize it.  Just thought they were taking off a couple weeks.  Where I'm at, they are moving in the equipment to drill where they think the money pit is.  I think it's like a 60" hole they are going to make which I believe is a fair amount larger than they usually do.  

I think I may have seen that episode, about 6 seasons in a row..   LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 10:36 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think I may have seen that episode, about 6 seasons in a row..   LOL

THIS IS THE REAL MONEY PIT, DAMMIT!
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 10:44 AM)michaelsean Wrote: THIS IS THE REAL MONEY PIT, DAMMIT!

There was a spinoff, The Curse of the Civil War Gold, that was quite entertaining.  If you didn't watch it, it's worth a look.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
They are finally going to do a "big dig", which will be like a 10,000 sqft area they are convinced would contain the original money pit. Claimed it could take up to 3 years, and cost "Tens of millions of dollars". LOL, I've been wondering why they didn't do that 5+ years ago.

The finds in the swamp this year were very interesting. Assuming they aren't faking discoveries, it does seem like the swamp is man-made and there was highly unusual, sophisticated activity in the area that easily pre-date the earliest treasure hunters.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote