Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The (Dalton-less) Overrated Player Thread
(08-23-2019, 03:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not from the board so much but nationally I'd have to say Dre-K. I've heard him referred to as our "best corner".

The only time I hear that is from guys like Theisman, Gumbel and Beerdorf (not him specifically, as he's been retired for a number of year), not from literally anyone else.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
For the last three straight years Dunlap has finished either #1 or #2 in FootballOutsiders "disruptions" (tipped passes+ hitting QB in throwing motion).

He has also finished in the top 30 in "hurries" for three straight years.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 03:19 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Vigil is way overrated by some in here.  Hes decent inside the box when it comes to tackling but in space he cant tackle...its over pursued and missed tackle after missed tackle.  He is decent at pass pro...but we need an upgrade from him baaaaaadly.  Brown is overrated as well.  i dont see it in him either. Pratt looks solid but i dont know if hes gonna actually develop into the beast alot of yall thing, but i think he will be a good pro.  just not a beast/pro bowler.  we need an entirely new unit at LB other than Pratt.  In our division with how run heavy it is i expect us to be ran all over.  gotta get some LB's.  Obviously ross is way overrated as well but everyone has made that case clear in here so i wont beat a dead horse.  Go bengals.  oh and at this point Gio overrated too.  and dre kirkpatrick.
I completely disagree with you on Vigil guy was on pace to lead the NFL in Solo Tackles before he got hurt and he lead the NFL in run stops according to PFF before he got hurt
Also Dre and Bernard are both Underrated.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 03:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: For the last three straight years Dunlap has finished either #1 or #2 in FootballOutsiders "disruptions" (tipped passes+ hitting QB in throwing motion).

He has also finished in the top 30 in "hurries" for three straight years.

I love him

Question is why no national respect by his peers

I understand the big market media, not his peers
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 01:25 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I will not pick on any rookies because after all, they have limited sample evidence.  But I think Rodney Anderson has made his case to be 3rd RB just from observing the Giant's game.  I just think his balance and body leaning and field vision are special.  If he stays healthy,  what a draft pick value.  

With regard to vets, Jefferson who was rated fairly high with raw skills.  The backer may need more time for the lights to go on, but I do not see this occurring as a Bengal. He will probable get cut and the Patriots will develop him into a solid contributor on special teams at the very least.  

I am not feeling it with Hopkins.  I know he played very well last year at Center, but to my eyes, this year Hopkins has been inconsistent. I think Jordan is a better LG and I think Price is significantly better at Center.  Hopkins should make the team, and is a valuable back-up.  

I thought Miller (RG) was rated a plus on rush blocking but I am not seeing any movement.

I understand the John Ross pick.  He is fast, can go on the fly route and score TDs.  Ross can score, that is certain.  But can he play or is he going to have nagging injuries through out his career.  I forget.  Can he catch the ball?  I don't remember.  I wanted OJ Howard at that slotted pick.  I want Ross to play and be successful.   But Should Ross take a spot from let's say, Willis?  Malone?  Core?

Just thought of this...

Would you rather....
OJ Howard in Rd 1 of 2017 draft and Parris Campbell or Mecole Hardman in Rd 2 of 2019 draft?
or
John Ross in Rd 1 of 2017 draft and Drew Sample in Rd 2 of 2019 draft?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 03:30 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Also Dre and Bernard are both Underrated.

I would agree that Dre is underrated.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 03:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Just thought of this...

Would you rather....
OJ Howard in Rd 1 of 2017 draft and Parris Campbell or Mecole Hardman in Rd 2 of 2019 draft?
or
John Ross in Rd 1 of 2017 draft and Drew Sample in Rd 2 of 2019 draft?

this makes me sick...thanks.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 03:25 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: And this is why we will continue to not take a word you type, seriously.

Will you and Fred name an overrated player or will you both just argue against what people think are overrated. You both have about 10 responses defending players without giving an answer.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 05:32 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Will you and Fred name an overrated player or will you both just argue against what people think are overrated.  You both have about 10 responses defending players without giving an answer.

Word. Just because you think a player may be overrated doesn't mean you don't like them. Personally I've defended Dre K's play numerous times in this forum, he's just the one that came to mind when I thought of a national perspective.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 10:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: A while back I started a thread about the most underrrated Bengals.  I thought it was a good thread because it was people saying positive things about our players.  I think I will just stay out of this "shit on a Bengal thread".  I already know exactly what will happen if I start trying to defend some of these guys (in fact I have already seen it).  .  .  

"Since we have not won a playoff game every Bengals player is crap."

I think you're doing it wrong.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 05:32 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Will you and Fred name an overrated player or will you both just argue against what people think are overrated.  You both have about 10 responses defending players without giving an answer.

Huber.

He is not bad, and not many people claim he is great, but there are fans screaming for us to replace every other player who is not an All Pro.

But no one bitches about the home boy punter.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 05:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think you're doing it wrong.

Yep.

Deleted.
Reply/Quote
I'm going back to bed.......
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 05:32 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Will you and Fred name an overrated player or will you both just argue against what people think are overrated. You both have about 10 responses defending players without giving an answer.

Why don't you actually pay attention to what people write, instead of shitposting?

If you actually read my FIRST DAMN POST IN THIS THREAD, you would see who I think is overrated.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 12:37 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Why don't you actually pay attention to what people write, instead of shitposting?

If you actually read my FIRST DAMN POST IN THIS THREAD, you would see who I think is overrated.

Listen dork, you didn’t really name anyone, you said “Finley lol “ You just rambled how Dunlap is not overrated. What’s with this shit posting you speak of.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 01:03 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Listen dork, you didn’t really name anyone, you said “Finley lol “    You just rambled how Dunlap is not overrated.  What’s with this shit posting you speak of.

No place for name calling in this forum. We are fans of the same team.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 05:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: No place for name calling in this forum. We are fans of the same team.

And then he claims he doesn't shitpost.

Done with him; have ignored him for like 10 months, not going to respond to him again.
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I vote the guy named Andy Dalton, but only because you excluded him from the conversation from the beginning. Actually I think he's underrated and because, well, I'm like that! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 05:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: No place for name calling in this forum. We are fans of the same team.

He calls everyone’s post “shit posting “ but that’s fine in your book. I call him a dork when there’s a million other things I could have named him but that’s not okay. He must be your buddy i guess.
Reply/Quote