Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Defense Against Denver: One Thing Was Missing
The defensive line generated sacks and they successfully stuffed the run.

The linebackers were flying all over the place making plays.

The secondary covered the routes well and batted balls away all night.

Khalid Kareem even forced a fumble and recovered it.

Now where are the interceptions? Now I know Trae Waynes doesn’t remember what it feels like to catch a football but the rest of those guys have no excuse. There were lots of passes headed straight for Cincinnati cornerbacks and safeties and they missed all of them. Can we get one pick?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They've certainly had their chances at INT's that would have clinched a few games lately.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Hilton almost had one, but it was an up close bullet.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 11:44 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Hilton almost had one, but it was an up close bullet.

Bates should have had one last week too

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Take xtra time with the DB's having someone throw them about 100 passes each
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 11:57 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Take xtra time with the DB's having someone throw them about 100 passes each

that's how we lost a superbowl, DBs have to be better at catching.
Reply/Quote
I thought Hiltons today was a tough one to catch
Bates should have easily had one last week.

In fairness I thought the Broncos WRs dropped a couple of passes that they should have easily caught today. It happens I guess…
Reply/Quote
They seem to miss a lot of opportunities and I commented on the game thread that Bridgewater had some terrible passes that somehow seemed to find an empty space.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Winter weather and AFC North football on its way
Forget Interceptions
Focus on creating and recovering fumbles..
If they can win that part of the game then they will win this division
Reply/Quote
No turnovers offensive side of the ball and one take away for Kareem and it almost got turned into a turnover by the D..All in all a well played game for both defenses. We had the better QB.
I suppose I could find something to complain about, but I'd rather just enjoy the win. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 11:27 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The defensive line generated sacks and they successfully stuffed the run.

Now where are the interceptions?  Now I know Trae Waynes doesn’t remember what it feels like to catch a football but the rest of those guys have no excuse.  There were lots of passes headed straight for Cincinnati cornerbacks and safeties and they missed all of them.  Can we get one pick?

Thats why they play db rt?  Last week Bates dropped a game winner too
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 11:27 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The defensive line generated sacks and they successfully stuffed the run.

Now where are the interceptions?  Now I know Trae Waynes doesn’t remember what it feels like to catch a football but the rest of those guys have no excuse.  There were lots of passes headed straight for Cincinnati cornerbacks and safeties and they missed all of them.  Can we get one pick?

Mike Hilton damn near had one on what was like a blind reception.  He took a peek at the QB at the last minute and dove as the ball was rifled by him.  There were a few others that were close.  I don't think Waynes was going for any INTs, as he was playing pretty soft and just trying to rally and tackle.  Chido would have had Teddy on a few of those.  

I think Bates is getting closer and closer.  Hope he peaks at the right time.  I think it is more about him having his confidence and he will start getting picks in bunches.  
Reply/Quote
Denver is 0-4 versus the AFC North and 7-3 versus the rest of the NFL
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 08:14 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Denver is 0-4 versus the AFC North and 7-3 versus the rest of the NFL

And, against Cincy, they continued their trend of being unable to score more than 20 points....with just 10.  
Reply/Quote
DBs were WRs who couldn't catch back in HS or Jr. High.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 08:56 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: DBs were WRs who couldn't catch back in HS or Jr. High.

There's always an exception to the rule, Lou's Bengals will now be that exception and will revolutionize the NFL as we know it.

Headline in 2027 in the NFL: DB with sure hands selected #1 overall in the 2027 draft.   Tiger

Make your move LOU!!!!
Reply/Quote
On almost every pass his way, I find myself thinking Apple is going to intercept it. Him and Awuzie seem to be our biggest ball hawks this season. Can't wait to get Chido back on the field.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 09:04 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: There's always an exception to the rule, Lou's Bengals will now be that exception and will revolutionize the NFL as we know it.

Headline in 2027 in the NFL: DB with sure hands selected #1 overall in the 2027 draft.   Tiger

Make your move LOU!!!!

With the X pick of the NFL draft, the Cinati Bengos select Jim Reciever, wideout, So and So college
*one month later*
Jim Reciever has been converted to corner for the 2022 NFL season.
Reply/Quote

Savage. :lol:

Reply/Quote