Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Secondary - Why bash them?
One question.

Why do people keep bashing the secondary? Especially Kirkpatrick.?

To me this looked like they did hold down one of the greater offences to 10 points.!
When Pig Ben did hes scrambling, he could not even find an open taget after 5-10sec. That means the secondary did a hell of a good job.
On one scramble, where Ben had the most time of all, they covered so well he tried to push it into a covered target, and we picked it off.

IMO they did outstanding - Holding one of the hottest WR combos in the leauge. To 10 catches for 96yards and 1td.
They took away the deep passing, from one of the best teams in the leauge doing this. Longest catch by a wr? 21yds.

I take my hats off for this secondary. And also Kirkpatrick.
He might be giving up a few plays, but they all will. Remember it is hes first year starting, and he could do ALOT worse.

I believe many teams in this leauge would kill for our secondary.

Kudos - 7-0 !!!

And btw.
We now have a 99% chance of going to the PO, 97% chance of winning AFCN, and 64% chance of 1 rd bye.
Also no team with a 3,5 game lead at this time, has ever NOT won the division.
Reply/Quote
I agree with ya. I see people complaining about Kirkpatrick because he didn't look so good on the first scripted drive by Pitt. After their scripted drive, the secondary did an amazing job. Brown was absent and they kept Bryant from making any big plays.... Bell being hurt helped a bit of course.
Reply/Quote
It seemed like Dre was getting burnt play after play. Even on one of the picks, Dre was burnt - but that's why Ben threw the ball (so maybe it was a good thing, trap play? lol).

I'm surprised for how small Dre is, he should be able to "catch up" (with speed) when WRs are beating him. That's basically all he's good for since it doesn't seem like he can tackle well or play press coverage.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Not bashing but would love to see Darqueze get some more snaps
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 09:31 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It seemed like Dre was getting burnt play after play. Even on one of the picks, Dre was burnt - but that's why Ben threw the ball (so maybe it was a good thing, trap play? lol).

I'm surprised for how small Dre is, he should be able to "catch up" (with speed) when WRs are beating him. That's basically all he's good for since it doesn't seem like he can tackle well or play press coverage.

He's 6'2'' and ran a 4.51.  Mellow Speed isn't exactly his game.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Kirkpatrick's nickname is the molester. Any ideas why? LMAO
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 10:20 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Kirkpatrick's nickname is the molester. Any ideas why?  LMAO
No idea. He's not good enough to have a nickname.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 09:36 AM)corpjet Wrote: Not bashing but would love to see Darqueze get some more snaps

He will.. Patience grasshopper.
Reply/Quote
Adam Jones is a very good CB and we are fortunate to have him. Everybody has been singing his praises for how much he has improved here late in his career and he has. But lets hold our row on Kirkpatrick he's just scratching the surface and he's already doing pretty good. He seems like he is working on his craft and has mentors helping him to improve his game. I think he's going to be a 1 for us but Rome wasn't built in a day.

I think him and Darquez have their heads screwed on straight and they are going to be cornerstones.

I give ML and the organ. credit for bringing these guys along slowly. Its not what the players or the fans want but I honestly think it is what is best for the player and the organization. Building a winner that will last.

Just my opinion
Who Dey
Reply/Quote
I think having a Leon Hall back was a big boost for our secondary this week.
Reply/Quote
One of the best WR's on the planet exploited him on that first drive. After that the entire D played an excellent game especially with our D line going through long dry spells !

All CB's are going to get beat on occasion, he just started tense and got burnt. I'm not going to jump off a cliff on him just yet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
DreK on that first drive?

[Image: when-you-go-to-the-bathroom-after-someone-else.gif]

Pacman and Reggie the rest of the day?

[Image: kick_in_face_gif.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 09:36 AM)corpjet Wrote: Not bashing but would love to see Darqueze get some more snaps

Or Shawn Williams. Dayum. Marvin sure does like them Georgia Bulldogs.
Reply/Quote
The secondary played great after the first drive, but Dre was singled out and picked on. It wasn't until he got help over the top from our safety's (that played great) that things settled down.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 09:31 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It seemed like Dre was getting burnt play after play. Even on one of the picks, Dre was burnt - but that's why Ben threw the ball (so maybe it was a good thing, trap play? lol).

he's a tall cornerback, not small
Reply/Quote