Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Defense Only Allowed Seven Points Today
The Cincinnati defense only allowed seven points today. Pressure on Gardner Minshew was better but what impressed me was the run defense. Last week the Jaguars ran a lot of counter plays and the Bengals got burned on most of them. Today the linebackers did a fantastic job of recognizing misdirection and adjusted extremely well. This made the Colts one-dimensional on offense and Lou Anarumo had his safeties keep everything in front of them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Who else thinks Trey Hendrickson is the best DE we ever had? Future ring of honor and future H.O.Fer in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
The defense was pretty stellar no doubt. If the refs would have been calling a hold a hold it would have been even more lopsided. They could not even contain Trey without holding him.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 07:41 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Who else thinks Trey Hendrickson is the best DE we ever had? Future ring of honor and future H.O.Fer in my opinion.

No, Coy Bacon. Also probably still Eddie Edwards and Carlos Dunlap due to longevity.

Hendrickson is turning 30 next year and has 55 sacks, 2 Pro Bowls, 0 2nd Team All-Pros, 0 1st Team All-Pros, 0 DPoYs. There's zero chance he is a HoFer if you take a second and look at things logically.

If Hendrickson sets a career high of 15 sacks next year in 2024 (age 30) and then does it again for each of the next 3 years 2025 (age 31), 2026 (age 32), and 2027 (age 33) he would still be outside of the top-20 even if nobody else gets ANY sacks over those 4 years (there are 29 active players ahead of him on the career sack list).

He has been a very good pass rusher for us, but you took the hype way too far.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 07:41 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Who else thinks Trey Hendrickson is the best DE we ever had? Future ring of honor and future H.O.Fer in my opinion.

Future ROH definitely has a shot. 

33.5 sacks as a Cincinnati Bengals... I'm not sure what the criteria is but only way he doesn't get in is if he becomes injury prone or leaves the team.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
6 points
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 07:36 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Cincinnati defense only allowed seven points today.  Pressure on Gardner Minshew was better but what impressed me was the run defense.  Last week the Jaguars ran a lot of counter plays and the Bengals got burned on most of them.  Today the linebackers did a fantastic job of recognizing misdirection and adjusted extremely well.  This made the Colts one-dimensional on offense and Lou Anarumo had his safeties keep everything in front of them.

Bengals played pretty good run D vs the Jags, they only gave up 71 yards on the ground.  

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 08:27 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Bengals played pretty good run D vs the Jags, they only gave up 71 yards on the ground.  

That secondary though...
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 08:30 PM)QueenCity Wrote: That secondary though...

Yeah, no doubt,  but he mentioned getting burned by the misdirection run plays...

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 08:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: No, Coy Bacon. Also probably still Eddie Edwards and Carlos Dunlap due to longevity. Who Dey

Coy Bacon played 2 seasons with the Bengals - and only 1 monster year.... ultimately pail in comparison to what Trey has done.

Eddie - no thanks only longetivity gives him a shot vs Trey.

Dunlap - Yes for now. (Although I'd argue Trey has meant more but you don't get to pick the teams you've been on)
Reply/Quote