Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Defense and Special Teams are playing Championship Ball
How about these guys flying down the field on punts and kick-offs nailing these other teams in great open field tackles ?

How about this Defense. That Chiefs game, the Defense was great in the 2nd Half. Really, the Defense was huge in sweeping both Ravens and Steelers and getting to Play-Offs and beating Raiders and Titans. They get Fumbles and Interceptions and make Big 3rd and 4th down Stops. Didn't they stop the Chiefs on a big 4th down, I think they did. That turnover to beat Titans was Huge.

How about McPherson and Huber ? Huge reasons why Bengals in Championship.

There are a lot of players on this team playing at Championship Level.

I could add in the blocking of that receiver Stanly Morgan. Players like that we don't mention much. Guys flying down the field on Special Teams. All playing at Championship Level. This is not just a couple good players or the team would have only won 4 games again. This is like 1981 and 1988 where EVERYBODY is doing there jobs from water boy on up. I can't even begin to list all the names of players of Defense and Special Teams who are flat out getting it done and a big reason why Bengals are where they are.

Add on : Before somebody asks why I left out Offense. I like Bengals Offense. I'm just saying there is much more to this team than all the offensive weapons.

GO BENGALS.....I'M SO PROUD OF THIS TEAM

Tiger Who Dey Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I'm reposting this on Thursday because I want to give another Shout Out to the Defense and Special Teams. Yes Burrow, Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Uzomah, Mixon are great offensive weapons that deserve the Fans talking about them. I just want to say again that The DEFENSE and Special Teams are playing CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING BALL as they did in 1981 and 1988. When I say SPECIAL TEAMS, I'm not just talking McPherson and Huber playing Great. I'm also talking about Bengals flying down field making all these big tackles as soon as the return man catches the ball. People flying down field making blocks and tackles and Bengals one of the fewest penalties of NFL Teams.

So One Last SHOUT OUT for the Bengals DEFENSE and SPECIAL TEAMS before the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. They have been coming up big all season at AFC CHAMPIONSHIP LEVEL. OK, that one guy fumbles punts that lost the 49ers game, but he was replaced and others such as Evans have stepped in on returns. There again, fumbled punts and such are not acceptable. This team plays too good of Special Teams and Defense to accept mistakes.

We are watching some of the best Defense and Special Teams play in Bengals History, and they have been huge in these wins. The interception to get the ball back to win Titans game. Hendrickson and Hubbard teaming up for the big fumble to win against either The Chiefs or Raiders, I forget. They are making big plays each week to WIN GAMES. Some on here knock Apple, but I've seen Apple make Big Play after Big Play to Win Games. Pratt has made Big Plays to get this team to Championship. Players like the Long Snapper or guys running down field on Special Teams are playing GREAT.

How about those key stops of Henry or not letting Chiefs score in the 2nd Half. Starting and Ending Titans Game with Interceptions.

So Let Us REMEMBER this has been a TEAM EFFORT. IT's not just Burrow and Chase. Carson to Chad or Dalton to Green was good enough for One and Done. What puts Burrow to Chase over the top is that the Defense and Special Teams are playing like 1981 and 1988 Super Bowl Teams.

One Last SHOUT OUT for The DEFENSE and SPECIAL TEAMS by me going into AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. Bengals don't go this far without them. AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME has been a TEAM EFFORT. not just a couple players.

Tiger Who Dey Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
we are greater than the sum of our parts. We have clutch players in all 3 phases I believe looking back that horrible call in the Jets game cost us the 1 seed.
Reply/Quote
Chris Evans was HUGE last week... swung field position a couple times while our offense was struggling.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
We’re a TEAM. We buy in, everyone kwows their role. No egos here. Everyone on this team has been doubted. Coaches. Players. Front office. They’ve all seen the articles and point spreads. This is a dangerous team to play when there is nothing to lose. A team with Joe Burrow has nothing to lose. That is unfathomable.
Reply/Quote
Yes, this is honestly what can put us over the top and the biggest reason we can beat anybody cause even if our Offense
struggles these other 2 phases can keep us in the game. Nice blocking for Evans last game and good Returns from him in
his own right. This is happening right when we needed it to.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 02:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, this is honestly what can put us over the top and the biggest reason we can beat anybody cause even if our Offense
struggles these other 2 phases can keep us in the game. Nice blocking for Evans last game and good Returns from him in
his own right. This is happening right when we needed it to.

Evans would be a great change of pace back from Mixon he is slightly smaller, but I think he is quicker and is so smooth when catching the ball. Blocking might be holding him back from getting more play time, but he is no doubt a weapon that could surprise the other team because he has not played much.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 03:15 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Evans would be a great change of pace back from Mixon he is slightly smaller, but I think he is quicker and is so smooth when catching the ball. Blocking might be holding him back from getting more play time, but he is no doubt a weapon that could surprise the other team because he has not played much.

So true, would like to see a wrinkle with more of Chris Evans and even lined up at WR where he is also a weapon.

Always thought it would be cool to have both Mixon and a player like Evans in the game at the same time.

Been saying this for years when we had Gio.
Reply/Quote
I was listening to PK today on Sirius and he said no team has passed for over 300 yards against us in the last 11 games. I didn't verify it, but if true; that's pretty awesome.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 09:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I was listening to PK today on Sirius and he said no team has passed for over 300 yards against us in the last 11 games. I didn't verify it, but if true; that's pretty awesome.

That is crazy if true with all the QB's we have played. Keep Kelce, Hill and the RB's out of the endzone is all I know.

I could live with Mahomes passing for over 300 as long as they don't score a lot of TD's.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 09:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is crazy if true with all the QB's we have played. Keep Kelce, Hill and the RB's out of the endzone is all I know.

I could live with Mahomes passing for over 300 as long as they don't score a lot of TD's.

Apparently I mis-heard. A few have passed for over 300 on us. Maybe he said 320 or something. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 09:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Apparently I mis-heard. A few have passed for over 300 on us. Maybe he said 320 or something. 

The TD ratio is honestly all I care about. Hold them Chiefs to FG's and we are on our way.
Reply/Quote
Now that the bum is no longer returning kicks, finally.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Just remember, apparently PFF has our D ranked in the lower half of the league against the run and 25th in pass rush......right...

Crap like this is why PFF isn't always taken seriously.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 10:59 AM)kevin Wrote: How about these guys flying down the field on punts and kick-offs nailing these other teams in great open field tackles ?

How about this Defense.  That Chiefs game, the Defense was great in the 2nd Half. Really, the Defense was huge in sweeping both Ravens and Steelers and getting to Play-Offs and beating Raiders and Titans.  They get Fumbles and Interceptions and make Big 3rd and 4th down Stops. Didn't they stop the Chiefs on a big 4th down, I think they did.  That turnover to beat Titans was Huge.

How about McPherson and Huber ?  Huge reasons why Bengals in Championship.

There are a lot of players on this team playing at Championship Level.

I could add in the blocking of that receiver Stanly Morgan. Players like that we don't mention much.  Guys flying down the field on Special Teams.  All playing at Championship Level.  This is not just a couple good players or the team would have only won 4 games again.  This is like 1981 and 1988 where EVERYBODY is doing there jobs from water boy on up.  I can't even begin to list all the names of players of Defense and Special Teams who are flat out getting it done and a big reason why Bengals are where they are.  

Add on : Before somebody asks why I left out Offense.  I like Bengals Offense.  I'm just saying there is much more to this team than all the offensive weapons.

GO BENGALS.....I'M SO PROUD OF THIS TEAM

Tiger  Who Dey  Tiger  Who Dey  Tiger

The defense is playing with a lot of confidence.  Those turnovers against the Titans were huge, and we seem to have forgotten that the Titans were given the bye week.  Facing a fresh Titans team at home, rested, was a tough task. 

The defense and special teams won that game, no doubt.

But the offense didn't make any big mistakes, either.  Sure, there were plays where you wish Burrow took the checkdown, threw it away, etc. to avoid a sack, but he never forced a bad ball and they had zero turnovers.  He is SUCH a big game guy, it's just insane.  

That play at the end of the game to set up the FG was a thing of beauty.  I have watched it so many times.  He delivered that ball before Chase had even come out of his break.  It was just....gorgeous. 
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 09:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Apparently I mis-heard. A few have passed for over 300 on us. Maybe he said 320 or something. 

They can have 500 yards for all I care. Yards don't equal points. Keeping them out of the end zone is all that matters.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 09:48 AM)Sled21 Wrote: They can have 500 yards for all I care. Yards don't equal points. Keeping them out of the end zone is all that matters.

Hell, I don't even care if they score points (well, I care A LITTLE) just as long as we have more points than them at the end of the game.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote