Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Defense is Bringing the Team Down
(11-02-2018, 01:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For sure. The coaching is the obvious problem IMO.

For sure that's a major part of it, I don't think the D is all on the same page. I don't think they're even in the same book !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 11:22 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Quote from Austin regarding his defense's poor performance, per cincyjungle:
"Count the Ws and the Ls. That's the only stat at the end of the year that counts. That's all I care about. And getting turnovers."

That is so ignorant of a comment that I almost have to believe that there was some kind of caveat to it.

Your players care about those stats. That's not something as a player that I would want my coach to say.

These players contacts are performance oriented and someone has to be responsible for your defense being on pace to be the worst ever.

Your secondary is literally on pace to give up the most yards ever, by a very sizable margin.

You think some of these guys are gonna be on pace for a good contract for being on a team defense that was, statistically speaking, the worst ever?

Because someone has to be responsible for giving up these yards, it's utterly impossible for it not to be somebodies responsibility.

Mike Zimmer got the respect of his players by holding his players accountable and by holding himself to those same standards.

There's never been a problem, that resolved itself by ignoring it.

If your car has faulty brakes you don't say, "well they worked this time." If you keep ignoring it, eventually it could kill you or someone else.

If a dam has a crack in it you don't say, "it's still holding up though." Because that could legitimately kill thousands of people and cause billions of dollars worth of damage.

I understand if your refrigerator needs fixed and you don't get paid till next week, that you have to make due with what you got.

I completely understand that we have played some good teams, I even understand that we've had injuries.

But to act like there isn't a problem, when Ray Charles could see the problem, is just purely asinine.

That's just insulting fans intelligence, it's insulting to your players trying to get their payday and it's insulting to yourself.

I mean do you think people are gonna look at you as a competent NFL defensive coordinator for creating the worst defense in NFL history? I think not.

Our defense has more talent this year and is still giving up almost 110 more yards per a game.

Our defense can still have a good second half of the season, but it has to start by addressing the issues and fixing them.

Ignoring them isn't helping anyone.

It's definitely not helping Austin.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Don't let it bring ya down. It's only castles burning .
https://youtu.be/l4ho1MN3NEM
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2018, 10:33 AM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: That is so ignorant of a comment that I almost have to believe that there was some kind of caveat to it.

Your players care about those stats. That's not something as a player that I would want my coach to say.

These players contacts are performance oriented and someone has to be responsible for your defense being on pace to be the worst ever.

Your secondary is literally on pace to give up the most yards ever, by a very sizable margin.

You think some of these guys are gonna be on pace for a good contract for being on a team defense that was, statistically speaking, the worst ever?

Because someone has to be responsible for giving up these yards, it's utterly impossible for it not to be somebodies responsibility.

Mike Zimmer got the respect of his players by holding his players accountable and by holding himself to those same standards.

There's never been a problem, that resolved itself by ignoring it.

If your car has faulty brakes you don't say, "well they worked this time." If you keep ignoring it, eventually it could kill you or someone else.

If a dam has a crack in it you don't say, "it's still holding up though." Because that could legitimately kill thousands of people and cause billions of dollars worth of damage.

I understand if your refrigerator needs fixed and you don't get paid till next week, that you have to make due with what you got.

I completely understand that we have played some good teams, I even understand that we've had injuries.

But to act like there isn't a problem, when Ray Charles could see the problem, is just purely asinine.

That's just insulting fans intelligence, it's insulting to your players trying to get their payday and it's insulting to yourself.

I mean do you think people are gonna look at you as a competent NFL defensive coordinator for creating the worst defense in NFL history? I think not.

Our defense has more talent this year and is still giving up almost 110 more yards per a game.

Our defense can still have a good second half of the season, but it has to start by addressing the issues and fixing them.

Ignoring them isn't helping anyone.

It's definitely not helping Austin.

This.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2018, 12:29 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: For sure that's a major part of it, I don't think the D is all on the same page. I don't think they're even in the same book !

True, need to make it more simple.

We shouldn't be having this many breakdowns in the back 7. Players are obviously confused.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2018, 02:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, need to make it more simple.

We shouldn't be having this many breakdowns in the back 7. Players are obviously confused.

You can see plays every game where the LBers and DB's are tentative, unsure, confused, how ever you want to put it. And that's on the good plays ! There's a couple every game where they have no idea what they're doing.

Whether it's to complicated or what I'm not sure. But whatever it is they're not getting it !
Reply/Quote