Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Defense is trash ..
(11-08-2021, 10:42 PM)samhain Wrote: I wonder if going all in planning for Lamar threw them off.  

That’s certainly possible. What works against the very unique offense the Ravens run won’t work against the more traditional offense the Jets and Browns run.

Still, I expect better preparation from Lou Anarumo and better execution from his players. Yes, the Bengals’ defense missed a lot of tackles but that’s easy to do if the players — especially the secondary — are in the wrong position.

I have a pretty good eye for defensive play and the biggest difference I’ve noticed since the game against the Ravens is the lack of penetration from the defensive line. The Jets handled the front four well but what Cleveland did to the front four approached aggravated assault. The Browns aren’t a finesse team anymore; they’ve rebuilt themselves to mirror Pittsburgh’s physical style.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
MB sooner or later is going to give up on spending big money on FA's. He tried tho. And this generation witnessed it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 10:50 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s certainly possible.  What works against the very unique offense the Ravens run won’t work against the more traditional offense the Jets and Browns run.  

Still, I expect better preparation from Lou Anarumo and better execution from his players.  Yes, the Bengals’ defense missed a lot of tackles but that’s easy to do if the players — especially the secondary — are in the wrong position.  

I have a pretty good eye for defensive play and the biggest difference I’ve noticed since the game against the Ravens is the lack of penetration from the defensive line.  The Jets handled the front four well but what Cleveland did to the front four approached aggravated assault.  The Browns aren’t a finesse team anymore; they’ve rebuilt themselves to mirror Pittsburgh’s physical style.

Personally, I just think the defense is worn down. None of them are playing with the speed they did at the start of the season. The Bye could not come at a better time. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 05:18 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The defense lacks any elite talent. They have a bunch of good and below average players - no real elite play makers.

Since the beginning of last year ('20) Trey Hendrickson is 3rd in sacks and 5th in QB hits.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 10:56 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Personally, I just think the defense is worn down. None of them are playing with the speed they did at the start of the season. The Bye could not come at a better time. 

They may be a bit worn down, but there is more to it than that.  No way they go from fresh and awesome to tired and worn out in just one week.

We are not beta up on defense.  We don't have a lot of guys missing practices with injury or anything like that.
Reply/Quote