Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Difference Between The Falcons And Bengals
The Falcons had Mike Smith as HC who coached them from 08-14. He took the team to the playoffs 4 times in his tenure including a NFC Championship, his last two years were the equivalent to this past year in Cincy. What does Atlanta do? They make a coaching change and today they are going to the Super Bowl and have an opportunity to be SB champions this year. What does Cincy do after such a lackluster, underperforming year? The same thing it always does....nothing.

I wonder if the Falcon fans were worried their team would be horrible after firing their head coach like so many Bengal fans are so worried we will return to the 90's without Lewis? Of course not because its ridiculous logic..

Falcons are preparing for A Super Bowl game and the Bengals are preparing a bowl of cereal....
Reply/Quote
The Falcons players can handle the big stage and made plays in the playoffs. Their opponents didn't.

The Falcons also run the ball much better than the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
I was going with a stud QB and two stud RB's and a slew of top tier WR's as well.....

We have about half of that...
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 09:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Falcons players can handle the big stage and made plays in the playoffs. Their opponents didn't.

The Falcons went out and got Mack, we stuck with Bodine.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 09:46 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The Falcons went out and got Mack, we stuck with Bodine.

Atlanta also made a better deal for Dwight Freeney after he visited the Bengals. Nervous
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 09:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Falcons players can handle the big stage and made plays in the playoffs. Their opponents didn't.

Thats coaching! 
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 09:39 PM)R3stangs Wrote: I was going with a stud QB and two stud RB's and a slew of top tier WR's as well.....

We have about half of that...

We had Jones, Sanu, Eifert and AJ Green. Bernard and Hill at RB last year and couldn't take care of business. Again.... coaching!
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 10:02 PM)GodFather Wrote: Thats coaching! 

Yep, it's pretty simple. A good leader can take average players and make them work together as a great machine. Barring Brady and Gronk, there is nobody exceptionally talented. They are coached very, very well. They communicate and do the basic. They do their job.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 10:04 PM)GodFather Wrote: We had Jones, Sanu, Eifert and AJ Green. Bernard and Hill at RB last year and couldn't take care of business. Again.... coaching!

I'm not going to disagree coaching is the main factor. Marvin...is well what he is and we've seen the peak of that.

At the same time 
Matt Ryan>Andy Dalton
Freeman/Coleman > Hill/Bernard
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 10:15 PM)R3stangs Wrote: I'm not going to disagree coaching is the main factor. Marvin...is well what he is and we've seen the peak of that.

At the same time 
Matt Ryan>Andy Dalton

Mack > Bodine
Freeney > Johnson
Jones > Green
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 10:15 PM)R3stangs Wrote: I'm not going to disagree coaching is the main factor. Marvin...is well what he is and we've seen the peak of that.

At the same time 
Matt Ryan>Andy Dalton
Matt Ryan is not as good as Andy Dalton. Enough said.
(01-22-2017, 10:17 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Mack > Bodine
Freeney > Johnson
Jones > Green

Aj green over Julio Jones.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 11:09 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Matt Ryan is not as good as Andy Dalton. Enough said.

AJ Green over Julio Jones.

I would have agreed with you until about three hours ago.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 11:09 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Matt Ryan is not as good as Andy Dalton. Enough said.

Aj green over Julio Jones.

Lol...OK
Reply/Quote
The Falcons kept the gas on the entire game. The only gas from Marvin comes out his butt. That's the difference.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 11:17 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Lol...OK

there's a reason he sits out most years while the Bengals go to the playoffs. Ryan is an average qb while Dalton is a top 7 qb. Ryan had one good year that's it. 
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 11:21 PM)Jpoore Wrote: there's a reason he sits out most years while the Bengals go to the playoffs. Ryan is an average qb while Dalton is a top 7 qb. Ryan had one good year that's it. 

LOL.....Please tell me you're drunk !!
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 11:34 PM)Butchie Tiger Wrote: LOL.....Please tell me you're drunk !!

what is wrong?
Reply/Quote
The Falcons sign free agents...including an upgrade at Center.

Alex Mack - Center - 5 year $45 million
Dwight Freeney
Mo Sanu
Sean Weatherspoon
Adrian Claiborn
Keanu Neal
Courtney Upshaw

But teams that spend money in free agency lose you say?
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 11:21 PM)Jpoore Wrote: there's a reason he sits out most years while the Bengals go to the playoffs. Ryan is an average qb while Dalton is a top 7 qb. Ryan had one good year that's it. 

Lol...is top 7 even a thing. The Dalton Lovers are always making things up that do not exist. 

BTW.  RYAN>Daton...not even a question. 
Reply/Quote

At the same time 
Matt Ryan>Andy Dalton

Agree mostly.
However, I honestly do not think Matt Ryan would be better than Dalton with the coaches and players the Bengals have. Just my opinion.
Reply/Quote