Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Difference between the Bengals and Pittsburg?
Why are they winners? and why are we always the Losers? Why, I just don't understand it.
Reply/Quote
Because the Bengals are trash who are content with mediocrity and the Steelers actually want to win Super Bowls AND are backed by the NFL in achieving their goal.
Reply/Quote
Because the steelers have a head coach who believes halftime adjustments are a real thing
Reply/Quote
They have magical towels.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The Steelers are the commissioners team and play by a different set of rules.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 05:29 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Because the Bengals are trash who are content with mediocrity and the Steelers actually want to win Super Bowls AND are backed by the NFL in achieving their goal.

^There's the answer.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 05:38 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: The Steelers are the commissioners team and play by a different set of rules.

I thought the commissioner was a patriots fan? Aren't Goodell and Kraft like Marvin and Mike Brown? 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 05:34 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Because the steelers have a head coach who believes halftime adjustments are a real thing

(01-08-2017, 05:36 PM)jason Wrote: They have magical towels.

(01-08-2017, 05:38 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: The Steelers are the commissioners team and play by a different set of rules.

Damn. There are more good answers in this thread than i thought.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
A good amount of...

[Image: Steroid-Use.jpg]

and a whole lot of...

[Image: art_rooneyii.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 05:29 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Because the Bengals are trash who are content with mediocrity and the Steelers actually want to win Super Bowls AND are backed by the NFL in achieving their goal.

x2
Reply/Quote

Yep. The sad part about it is we have the players to beat them every year pretty much.

Our ownership and coaches, namely Marv and PA are inept.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 05:40 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I thought the commissioner was a patriots fan? Aren't Goodell and Kraft like Marvin and Mike Brown? 

Not as much as Goodell and the Rooneys.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 05:27 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Why are they winners? and why are we always the Losers?  Why, I just don't understand it.

I see some distinct differences between the teams.

Steelers plan for and play to win championships as well as they can.

Bengals plan for doing the best they can, whatever that might be.

Steelers research and game plan for opponents with scheme and do adjust in games.

Bengals game plan for opponents and when it doesn't work out, well "we have to play better."

Steelers will cut you if you screw around.

Bengals will give you a priestly "I understand my son" and let it go at that.

Steelers will fire coaches for bad performing teams or units.

Bengals will give a contract extension.

I could go on, but pretty much the above illustrates the point.

Reply/Quote
2 main differences IMO.

1. is the blocking. Pitt has great blocking, whether that is due to the refs our their own schemes. Everytime I watch them, Ben has time and Bell has holes. We talk about Jeremy Hill bouncing around and how he shouldn't, but did anyone watch Bell today?? All he does is bounce around while the holes open up like Moses is freaking playing Center.

2. Broken tackles. I can't recall us breaking many tackles this year if any at all. Green does a decent job at breaking tackles here and there, but I really can't recall us doing much evading of the defense. If you are a Madden player, It feels like I'm watching our offense play against a defense on the hardest difficulty. If they are touched, they are tackled.

Those are the two main differences I noticed today, without going into the fact that Pitt gets away with ridiculous things like destroying a QB on a rollout with no sort of consequence.
Reply/Quote
They have a RB that can get 150 yards or so a game. I assume that means they have the offensive line to make that happen.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
they get to play back up Qbs we play with back up QBs. In all honesty they expect to win and we hope to win.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 06:36 PM)jason Wrote: They have a RB that can get 150 yards or so a game. I assume that means they have the offensive line to make that happen.

They have an offensive line that's allowed to hold as much as they want. Any OL is good if they can hold all game long and not get penalized for it.

Kind of like Seattle's defense that year where they said they just PI'd every play, because the refs won't call it every play.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The Steelers Organization from top to bottom has one goal, one vision, one thing that matters - winning.

The Bengals Organization at the top has one goal, saving money. Oh he would like to win but only if he can do it his way. We have a HC who plays not to lose. Accountability and discipline go out the window here and always will under this dysfunctional system. When you have a HC who can't get it done in 14 seasons and you bring him back for 15, you're beat right there.

That's the difference.
Reply/Quote
I would say all of the above answers play some part in it.

The NFL Steelers have been around since 1945.

They have been the most consistent organization since 1972.

The NFL Bengals have been around since 1968.

From 1968 to 1990 when Paul Brown was the owner, in spite of the most horrible, hindsight, choice he made by hiring Tiger Johnson over Bill Walsh as his HC replacement, when Brown stepped down as HC, here is the Bengals/Steelers regular season game record:

(Keep in mind the Bengals were in the AFL the first two years 1968 and 1969 and did not play the Steelers)

1970-1990 Bengals W/L Record with Steelers

Wins  Losses
  23       18

From 1991 to the present, under the ownership of Mike Brown

1991-Present Bengals W/L Record with Steelers

Wins   Losses
  14         37

You decide!!!
Reply/Quote
The Steelers believe in drafting pass rushers and run stuffers and continuously stock their defensive front with early round talent. The Bengals have sucked **** at drafting d-linemen every since Paul brown kicked the bucket. They got really lucky about 7 or 8 years ago and landed Geno and Dunlap plus MJ. Ever since then they've basically been showing the league that they still have zero ability to evaluate d-line (or linebacking) talent whatsoever.

Guys drafted after Aktins/Dunlap/MJ:

Margus Hunt
Devon Still
Dontay Moch
Brandon Thompson
Will Clarke
Marcus Hardison
Andrew Billings

How many of these clown ***** do we feel comfortable calling NFL starters?
What have we gotten in place of drafting these bums? More corners on 3-year plans and *****-ass offensive linemen that look and play the exact opposite of how AFC North linemen look and play.

Pittsburgh signs as few outside FAs as the Bengals. When they do, they are dumpster dives like our guys for the most part. They just draft to stock the trenches first. We draft to stock the perimeter secondary and wait forever for the picks to develop.

They also have an identity that is linked to their front 7 on defense. It's been consistent for years with some ups and downs here and there, but it's who they are. Their offense has changed with various coordinators, but the defense changes little regardless of who is coordinating.

What's the Bengals identity? Slow linebackers that can't cover? Softness up the middle defending the run? Stupid Penalites? Zero offensive identity? You tell me.
Reply/Quote