Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Difference between the Bengals and Pittsburg?
(01-23-2017, 08:55 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Do you even read and comprehend the posts?  The post said that if someone, even a Steelers fan, said, "Well at least you guys won 2 more playoff games," TO the Steelers players, not in sarcasm, but as encouragement, I double guarantee you they would have ***** slapped them!

The Steelers aren't the Bengals.  They don't 'make' the playoffs with the goal to win a playoff game(s). They make the playoffs to win the Lombardi.  Anything short of that is failure!!!

I didn't say anything about Tomlin being better or worse than Lewis.

I simply agreed with Terry Bradshaw (who has forgotten more about football and the Steelers than you know) who said Tomlin was an 'average' coach!

Interesting that I did not hear anyone in their organization say they were failures after the lose last night to Patriots.. also you can;t make it to Super Bowl without winning a playoff game... so the idea that teams don;t go into the playoffs thinking lets win a game and be happy is crazy... all teams want to win the Super Bowl, just some teams do it better... 

Finally... Steelers have been terrible against the Patriots... I believe many experts over the last three years have had the Steelers as favorites to make it to the Super Bowl and they have underachieved from that standpoint, so if the Steelers see failure as not making to SB, im surprised Tomlin is still coaching.... 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 02:17 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Mike Tomlin is an average coach and the Steelers got their ass handed to them again!

But wait, at least they won 2 more playoff games!    Sarcasm

(For those of you who believe that the number of playoff games a team wins mean something, unless it's the last one, tell the above statement to any of the Steelers this morning and I bet you get slapped!!)

I live in Steeler country and they seemed disappointed but happy they got that far.  They know I'm a Bengals fan and if I asked them to admit that winning in the playoffs was meaningless they'd laugh at me, or just accuse me of being full of sour grapes.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 10:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I live in Steeler country and they seemed disappointed but happy they got that far.  They know I'm a Bengals fan and if I asked them to admit that winning in the playoffs was meaningless they'd laugh at me, or just accuse me of being full of sour grapes.

I'm talking about the players. not fans.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 10:03 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Interesting that I did not hear anyone in their organization say they were failures after the lose last night to Patriots.. also you can;t make it to Super Bowl without winning a playoff game... so the idea that teams don;t go into the playoffs thinking lets win a game and be happy is crazy... all teams want to win the Super Bowl, just some teams do it better... 

Finally... Steelers have been terrible against the Patriots... I believe many experts over the last three years have had the Steelers as favorites to make it to the Super Bowl and they have underachieved from that standpoint, so if the Steelers see failure as not making to SB, im surprised Tomlin is still coaching.... 

Were you in the locker room after the game, or did AB post to FB again?  I can tell you now, this time next year, the average fan will not remember or care who was in the AFC or NFC championship game unless it was a fan of those 4 teams.

Just like someone posted in here earlier, the Bengals SB victory is winning a playoff game, which don't get you nothing but a little more spending money!

We can agree to disagree.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 10:01 PM)Millhouse Wrote: My apologies then. But calling me thin skinned, nice. 

Well I apologize if I hurt your feelings, but this is the forums where it can get real nasty!
Reply/Quote
Personally, I think the Steelers had much more talent than the Giants had when they beat the Pats twice in the SB. If they had less talent then it must have come down to Tom Coughlin and his team.

Again, I agree with Terry Bradshaw, I feel Mike Tomlin is an average coach and not on the same level as Cower and Knoll and has absolutely zero to do with the Bengals franchise.

Ben can be thankful that the 3 SBs he went to, he didn't have to face Brady!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 10:49 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Well I apologize if I hurt your feelings, but this is the forums where it can get real nasty!

lol 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 10:47 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Were you in the locker room after the game, or did AB post to FB again?  I can tell you now, this time next year, the average fan will not remember or care who was in the AFC or NFC championship game unless it was a fan of those 4 teams.

Just like someone posted in here earlier, the Bengals SB victory is winning a playoff game, which don't get you nothing but a little more spending money!

We can agree to disagree.

and i can say the same thing to you.. were you in the locker room as the Bengals prepared for the playoffs that show someone saying we are only wanting to win one game... it has nothing to do with agree or disagree. it has to do with facts.. you have no primary source to back your statement up.. if you would just say it is my opinion that is different.

you can;t use success of one team to assume what other teams are thinking.....
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 11:02 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: and i can say the same thing to you.. were you in the locker room as the Bengals prepared for the playoffs that show someone saying we are only wanting to win one game... it has nothing to do with agree or disagree. it has to do with facts.. you have no primary source to back your statement up.. if you would just say it is my opinion that is different.

you can;t use success of one team to assume what other teams are thinking.....

Apples to oranges and here's the difference Essex (you must be an ole timer too, to have EJ as your screen name. Wasn't a great RB but a tough SOB and a great blocker. I remember him at Nippert in the beginning in 1968) I never said anything like this:

"Interesting that I did not hear anyone in their organization say they were failures after the lose last night to Patriots.. "

I repeated what someone in here posted about the Bengals SB is winning a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 10:43 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I'm talking about the players. not fans.

Oh, well hell if I know.  I can't imagine they are happy they lost in the AFC title game, but I can't imagine they're thinking the entire year was a waste.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 11:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Oh, well hell if I know.  I can't imagine they are happy they lost in the AFC title game, but I can't imagine they're thinking the entire year was a waste.

I didn't say anything about the season.  They had to 'make' the playoffs and that hinges on how they do during the season.  Once you 'make' the playoffs, the goal is to win the SB.  Out of those 12 teams, 11 will fail, and one will not!  Thirty one teams that failed and finish disappointed.

Season is over for me. Falcons or Pats makes no difference. Good night Irene!
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 05:27 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Why are they winners? and why are we always the Losers?  Why, I just don't understand it.

They are not winners anymore. They suck! Always will suck. Suckity suck suck suck! They suck in a slurpity fashion too! Kind of like hearing a fat girl trying to get the last drops of a diet coke through a straw kind of suck. They suck like a shop-vac on sawdust kind of suck. They don't inhale, THEY SUCK!

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 11:18 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Apples to oranges and here's the difference Essex (you must be an ole timer too, to have EJ as your screen name. Wasn't a great RB but a tough SOB and a great blocker. I remember him at Nippert in the beginning in 1968) I never said anything like this:

"Interesting that I did not hear anyone in their organization say they were failures after the lose last night to Patriots.. "

I repeated what someone in here posted about the Bengals SB is winning a playoff game.

I am a old timer and I loved that 1970 team.. two big what ifs... Greg Cook does not get hurt , and after he did get hurt we hire Walsh instead of Johnson... 
Reply/Quote