Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Draft in Hindsight: Let’s Trust These New Coaches
What I haven’t seen addressed during or after the draft is how and why Bengaldom should view this year’s selection differently because of the new coaches on staff. This is the first draft with Bill Lazor as offensive coordinator and Teryl Austin as defensive coordinator, so I don’t think it’s fair to evaluate the Bengals’ selections as if Ken Zampese and Paul Guenther were still occupying those positions.

These draft selections are solid. I’m going to trust they are the correct ones to fit the new schemes on both sides of the ball. The 2018 Bengals aren’t going to look like anything we’ve seen before.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't wanna!! I don't wanna!!! ???
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 08:33 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: What I haven’t seen addressed during or after the draft is how and why  Bengaldom should view this year’s selection differently because of the new coaches on staff.  This is the first draft with Bill Lazor as offensive coordinator and Teryl Austin as defensive coordinator, so I don’t think it’s fair to evaluate the Bengals’ selections as if Ken Zampese and Paul Guenther were still occupying those positions.

These draft selections are solid.  I’m going to trust they are the correct ones to fit the new schemes on both sides of the ball.  The 2018 Bengals aren’t going to look like anything we’ve seen before.

They'll earn my trust when they prove they deserve it. I ain't givin' nothin'. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I have faith in Lazor and I like what I have seen from him in a small sample. Austin...I have no idea what to think. I like the idea of more turnovers, but I want an attacking defense where the CBs are on an island and we use a real rotation in our pass rushers. I don't want Dunlap on the field for 99% of snaps. I want him fresher and making plays.

I do think there will be renewed energy on the defense and I was never a fan of Kevin Coyle. It seemed like they had a ton of talent and just never played aggressively. I want a defense that attacks. Punch before you get punched. Contest every ball. No easy catches any more.
Reply/Quote
If we had the best daft in the NFL but still had the coaches from last year then it wouldn’t matter. Would suck anyway. At least we can have some hope until we see where this team is going. My only skepticism at this point is that dumb and dumber are still in charge. Even with that, they appear to have a new direction.

Reply/Quote