Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Elephant In The Room
PFT has an article up saying that there is an "extremely small" chance that there won't be a 2020 season. That doesn't surprise me one bit. What does surprise me is that later in the article it indicates that the league fully intends to have fans at games, an not in a limited capacity, either. Basically, the gist of their intended path forward was stated as close to normal, barring current projections by medical experts going horribly wrong. Another point mentioned was that they would not have a partial season with fans and a remainder without due to what they consider a competitive disadvantage resulting from that kind of setup. They also mentioned that checkerboard or staggered seating wouldn't happened either, because it was basically pointless given the dynamics of fan movement in a game.

If this article is correct, it sounds like full speed ahead as of right now. I guess the question that remains is where are we with the pandemic in September and how many fans feel comfortable attending a mass gathering of 60000 people. The other issue might be exactly how many people can still afford to attend games by then.