Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeVos being sued for seizing wages during pandemic
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/495645-devos-sued-for-seizing-student-borrowers-paychecks

DeVos and the DOE are being sued for continuing to garnish wages of student borrows despite provisions in the relief bill that calls for it to stop until September.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-01-2020, 12:20 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/495645-devos-sued-for-seizing-student-borrowers-paychecks

DeVos and the DOE are being sued for continuing to garnish wages of student borrows despite provisions in the relief bill that calls for it to stop until September.

1) Do you think she has any idea for the DOE does or is doing?  She's clueless.

2) Not surprised.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-01-2020, 12:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: 1) Do you think she has any idea for the DOE does or is doing?  She's clueless.

2) Not surprised.

She's clueless when it comes to education but not when it comes to taking money from people. 

This is just my take, but it seems they told employers to stop garnishing wages, and some for whatever reason continued to. There is no indication that this is happening across the board to all people who were having money taken out of their checks which would be the case if she were just ignoring the law.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-01-2020, 03:09 PM)michaelsean Wrote: This is just my take, but it seems they told employers to stop garnishing wages, and some for whatever reason continued to. There is no indication that this is happening across the board to all people who were having money taken out of their checks which would be the case if she were just ignoring the law.

It’s been over a month. They announced the plan and said it would be retroactive for mid March. It shouldn’t take a lawsuit to get them moving on the refunds they promised or to ensure their own rules are followed.

She's seriously one of the most foul "human beings" I've ever known to exist. She and her brother are basically cartoon villains given life.
(05-01-2020, 05:16 PM)samhain Wrote: She's seriously one of the most foul "human beings" I've ever known to exist.  She and her brother are basically cartoon villains given life.

Nonsense.

Cartoon villains had redeeming qualities. Like not actually existing.