Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Elephant in the room
(09-25-2020, 08:40 AM)Sled21 Wrote: To your point, they did. They drafted Billings, Glasgow, Wren, and Topou and I'm sure probably a few others I'm probably forgetting. 

Hardison was another. Maybe Andrew Brown if you feel he's better suited inside (I do).

The problems with their strategy were:
- Billings and Tupou are NTs, not pass rushing 3Ts
- Glasgow wasn't a stellar pass rusher
- Wren was a big project.
- Hardison and Brown were probably closest projection to 3T pass rushing DT, but both are more tweeners.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 04:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Hardison was another. Maybe Andrew Brown if you feel he's better suited inside (I do).

The problems with their strategy were:
- Billings and Tupou are NTs, not pass rushing 3Ts
- Glasgow wasn't a stellar pass rusher
- Wren was a big project.
- Hardison and Brown were probably closest projection to 3T pass rushing DT, but both are more tweeners.

Sure hope Brown steps it up, he could. He is talented.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 04:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure hope Brown steps it up, he could. He is talented.

It's hard for me to say he's "talented," at least when talking about professional level talent.
He's in his 3rd year and has a total of 15 tackles in 16 games.
Given Brown's lack of length for the NFL, I think he's a better fit inside. I think he needs to focus on being DT if he expects to ever push for a starting position. Right now, he's just a back-end rotational guy who really has nothing to show for being in his 3rd year in the league.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I’ll be honest. I love Geno but he can’t be counted on, he’s regressed and can’t stay healthy. Time to draft his replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 04:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's hard for me to say he's "talented," at least when talking about professional level talent.
He's in his 3rd year and has a total of 15 tackles in 16 games.
Given Brown's lack of length for the NFL, I think he's a better fit inside. I think he needs to focus on being DT if he expects to ever push for a starting position. Right now, he's just a back-end rotational guy who really has nothing to show for being in his 3rd year in the league.

He hasn't shown anything in the NFL yet but coming out of college he was a top rated talent from what I remember when we
drafted him. Maybe the move inside to DT will help him, we will see. He has a shot with how thin we are at the position right 
now that is for sure.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 07:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He hasn't shown anything in the NFL yet but coming out of college he was a top rated talent from what I remember when we
drafted him. Maybe the move inside to DT will help him, we will see. He has a shot with how thin we are at the position right 
now that is for sure.

From what I recall, he was being discussed in draft circles in the 4th-6th round. People thought he could offer some pass rush from both 3-4 DE and 4-3 UT but needed refinement.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 07:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: From what I recall, he was being discussed in draft circles in the 4th-6th round IIRC.

I remember the same, still I heard people talking about his talent, Gruden, Kiper etc.

There was a reason he was being discussed as a mid to late rounder though. Needs to step up.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 05:30 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I’ll be honest. I love Geno but he can’t be counted on, he’s regressed and can’t stay healthy. Time to draft his replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the first time he has been hurt in 7 seasons what are talking about?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 06:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It has been discussed about Geno maybe being out all season, but I am just hoping that the medical staff and coaches know more
than we do and think Geno and Daniels are just day to day. If Geno wasn't close I think they would of done what you said and 
added a DT or two off the waiver wire or brought in Snacks or Peko. Heck, I would bring one of them in now anyways we are so 
thin. Cannot have Reader playing that many snaps and wearing him out, this is stupid.

IR doesn't mean done done this year though. It's a 3 week designation. Geno is about to miss week 3. Horrible roster management.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 10:42 PM)kalibengal Wrote: To my point...they should have had the foresight to begin this process 2 yrs ago ..now we are stuck with more used up players past their prime who cant get on the field (Atkins, now add Daniels to that and waiting on Green to "tweak" something soon). Its piss poor planning...and now the value for Green is dropping. 
Hoping Burrow can get through this season with minimal damage and get the new blood in next yr hopefully  

They did have the foresight... The players they draft to potentially replace some of those guys all suck. What do you think they drafted Will Clarke, Jordan Willis, Carl Lawson, or John Ross for? Good players aren't easily replaced. Have you noticed Deshsaun Watson isn't as good without Hopkins anymore? When a team falls apart around them, the best players seem to lose some of their shine.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 11:24 AM)Joelist Wrote: We're really feeling it this year because of the injuries but the tendency of the DL to not show up when needed the most has been going on for 2-3 years at least now. The inability of our pass rush to actually get home on a consistent basis and also the inability of the ends to seal off their edges properly against the run or rollout have been happening probably since 2016 or so.

What happened prior to 2016? There was an exodus of coordinators and position coaches... Vontaze Burfict was suspended, and returned outta shape and started his slow decline, and the players and coaches that replaced those that left were mediocre at best... Often times they were sorry.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 01:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Some posters on this board were overreacting and saying it, it was never reported.

Sorry if you misunderstood me, I was simply saying it was being discussed cause of overreaction and thinking of times in the past
when players went down and never came back. BTW, Geno is practicing, he may not play this Sunday but the next.

Ak ok, no worries, got it. 
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 09:26 PM)jason Wrote: IR doesn't mean done done this year though. It's a 3 week designation. Geno is about to miss week 3. Horrible roster management.

Damn year is screwing a lot of us up. 

Still would rather him be there for the next week causing a little havoc than missing a game. U Agree?
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 07:55 PM)J24 Wrote: This is the first time he has been hurt in 7 seasons what are talking about?

I thought the same, damn we got some high standards around here cause our coaches besides Simmons have just sucked.

We have had some of the best players in Geno's span. Geno be the MAN. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 05:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: (Ok, maybe not if it's been discussed in a thread I haven't read) But.....

Here we go again, and this time it's far more careless.

We all know how AJ was carried on the roster nearly all last season, and yet with Geno (specifically) and Daniels being out again this week, why haven't they put him/them on injured reserve?

It's only 3 weeks and with Geno missing a 3rd week, it looks like they have no idea what is going on with him or the roster options available to them this season.

This isn't very good roster management by any means, and while we ignored what happened with AJ last year, the coaches/fo should be wiser now.

I think Geno is a class act and I would really be surprised if this was the case, but does anything think AJ Green could not have played toward the end of last year?  And the Cordy Glenn issue?  It is starting to feel like this is a statement and not an injury. 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 06:18 PM)pally Wrote:

I am convinced that God doesn't watch football.  The devil owns this league, and that is why teams like the steelers win.  
Reply/Quote
Man, I had high hopes for Devon Still.

On a good note:
https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/health/fundraising-leah-still-cancer-free-dick-vermeil/2542675/

Quote:Leah Still planned to celebrate five years cancer free with a dinner at her favorite steakhouse.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote