Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Elliott Effect
Its crazy to think that the top 5 RB's may be gone before our 2nd pick. RB's are back in style. Who would have thought after years of being undervalued and cast aside to no sooner than 2nd round pics that as many as 5 could be gone when we pick 41. So lets set the magic number to 4. Over/Under Do you think 4 or less will be off the board when we pick at 41. Over if you think there will be 5 or more gone when we pick. BTW The Elliott Effect sounds pretty cool, think i will patent it. Kinda like the Dalton line.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 03:45 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Its crazy to think that the top 5 RB's may be gone before our 2nd pick. RB's are back in style. Who would have thought after years of being undervalued and cast aside to no sooner than 2nd round pics that as many as 5 could be gone when we pick 41. So lets set the magic number to 4. Over/Under Do you think 4 or less will be off the board when we pick at 41. Over if you think there will be 5 or more gone when we pick. BTW The Elliott Effect sounds pretty cool, think i will patent it. Kinda like the Dalton line.
4 would be the most, personally feel that 3 will be off the board. Will have to wait and see, I think Dalvin Cook is the name to watch, his draft position will answer a whole lot of questions.

As well those who are vying for Mixon like myself, should be praying that the Panthers seal a RB @ 1/8. If not it may take a trade to land if him, if they chose to do so.

Happy Draft Day everyone, hope this is the year that ignites a playoff push.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 03:45 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Its crazy to think that the top 5 RB's may be gone before our 2nd pick. RB's are back in style. Who would have thought after years of being undervalued and cast aside to no sooner than 2nd round pics that as many as 5 could be gone when we pick 41. So lets set the magic number to 4. Over/Under Do you think 4 or less will be off the board when we pick at 41. Over if you think there will be 5 or more gone when we pick. BTW The Elliott Effect sounds pretty cool, think i will patent it. Kinda like the Dalton line.

Even if Ezekiel Elliott were to have just a mediocre career from here on out, he's still put RBs back on the map for the draft. Good for him.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I am not sure it is the "Elliot Effect", so much as a really good class. Fournette would have been drafted ahead of Elliot if he was allowed to come out last year. McCafferey is propped up by his versatility not so much what he brings as simply a runner, I think thought here is if he doesn't make it as a HB he could be a very good slot WR still. After that I tend to agree with you a bit. I think Cook does benefit from the hype around HB, then after that who knows what happens.
Reply/Quote

wait... hold up...  Didn't I say this a month and half ago and everyone called me crazy.  Fact is this is a has some really talented guys at the top end of this draft with many different styles.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I doubt five RBs go in the first round. Three at most.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 09:15 AM)lbrown41017 Wrote: 4 would be the most, personally feel that 3 will be off the board. Will have to wait and see, I think Dalvin Cook is the name to watch, his draft position will answer a whole lot of questions.

As well those who are vying for Mixon like myself, should be praying that the Panthers seal a RB @ 1/8. If not it may take a trade to land if him, if they chose to do so.

Happy Draft Day everyone, hope this is the year that ignites a playoff push.

I have a feeling Carolina will snag a lot of players we want right in front of us.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 10:33 AM)Okeana Wrote: wait... hold up...  Didn't I say this a month and half ago and everyone called me crazy.  Fact is this is a has some really talented guys at the top end of this draft with many different styles.  

I thought you said 5 RBs in the first round? OP said 5 RBs before Bengals 2nd rounder (41). That's different.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 11:48 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I thought you said 5 RBs in the first round? OP said 5 RBs before Bengals 2nd rounder (41). That's different.

Yep mucho differente, i think the top 3 will go in the first, Fournette, Cook and McCaffrey.

Mixon just might be there when we pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 12:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep mucho differente, i think the top 3 will go in the first, Fournette, Cook and McCaffrey.

Mixon just might be there when we pick.

I can see 3-4 being gone in top 40. Fournette, McCaffrey, Cook in Round 1. Mixon or Kamara between 30-40. The other should be there at 41 (I hope).
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 12:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I can see 3-4 being gone in top 40. Fournette, McCaffrey, Cook in Round 1. Mixon or Kamara between 30-40. The other should be there at 41 (I hope).

Who is your guy then Ocho? Perine, Foreman, McNichols (who i like now that you brought him up in your mock).

Perine and Foreman actually run like big backs unlike Hill. But Foreman is bad at picking up the blitz.

McNichols is sounding better to me as he is more versatile which is what we need with Zamp as OC.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 12:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Who is your guy then Ocho? Perine, Foreman, McNichols (who i like now that you brought him up in your mock).

Perine and Foreman actually run like big backs unlike Hill. But Foreman is bad at picking up the blitz.

McNichols is sounding better to me as he is more versatile which is what we need with Zamp as OC.

The "bad at picking up blitzes" comment is interesting because PFF college didn't credit him with any sacks allowed.

"While he didn’t give up a sack and very few pressures in pass pro, he’s fairly untested in a Texas offensive system that limited how often he actually had to engage with defenders."

Untested and bad are different.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 09:26 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Even if Ezekiel Elliott were to have just a mediocre career from here on out, he's still put RBs back on the map for the draft. Good for him.

At least this year....    Every team is trying to find their Ezekiel Elliot...   I don't think there any on that level in this draft  but like QBs that wont stop teams from trying to find their own
Reply/Quote
I liked Cook a lot, but after research:

1. He is a bad pass blocker
2. He fumbles too much
3. Has character concerns

I see Fournette, McCaffrey lcoks for round 1

I see Cook as was stated as the one to watch

I think Mixon will slide to round 2, but may go before our pick. I like Mixon and think he may end up being best back of the bunch but of course has major baggage
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 12:56 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: At least this year....    Every team is trying to find their Ezekiel Elliot...   I don't think there any on that level in this draft  but like QBs that wont stop teams from trying to find their own

I think Fournette is on par with Elliott, but since he's a bigger runner he slightly different scheme. Would have been nice to see them both in the same draft class and see which was taken first. Mixon might be on par with Elliott too in terms of talent. McCaffrey is a different style animal.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 12:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Who is your guy then Ocho? Perine, Foreman, McNichols (who i like now that you brought him up in your mock).

I don't really consider Foreman to run like a big back. He's very fast for his size and tries to use his speed to beat out defenders vs barreling through them. One of his weaknesses is he needs to be more physical given his size. Perine is a bowling ball, but "pedestrian" speed. He's a solid back though.
I'd say my favorite RBs in the 3-4 range are Hunt, Perine, then McNichols. All solid, but likely not spectacular.
I wouldn't be opposed to a RB in the second round, but I think the Bengals can wait on a RB. This is a good RB draft class and a RB won't be the focal of the Bengals' offense. That goes to AJ Green and Tyler Eifert.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 12:52 PM)Au165 Wrote: The "bad at picking up blitzes" comment is interesting because PFF college didn't credit him with any sacks allowed.

"While he didn’t give up a sack and very few pressures in pass pro, he’s fairly untested in a Texas offensive system that limited how often he actually had to engage with defenders."

Untested and bad are different.

True enough, nice post Au165. Still is a concern, that and catching the ball out of the backfield as he wasn't asked to.

Doesn't mean he couldn't but is something to observe when picking a RB.

(04-27-2017, 01:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't really consider Foreman to run like a big back. He's very fast for his size and tries to use his speed to beat out defenders vs barreling through them. One of his weaknesses is he needs to be more physical given his size. Perine is a bowling ball, but "pedestrian" speed. He's a solid back though.
I'd say my favorite RBs in the 3-4 range are Hunt, Perine, then McNichols. All solid, but likely not spectacular.
I wouldn't be opposed to a RB in the second round, but I think the Bengals can wait on a RB. This is a good RB draft class and a RB won't be the focal of the Bengals' offense. That goes to AJ Green and Tyler Eifert.

Foreman can work on all these things. Seems like Hill still doesn't get it and looks even more slim than last year.

He is trying to be LeVeon Bell instead of himself when he was good.

Who is this Hunt guy? Know nothing about him. I like the two backs out of Utah in the mid rounds. Joe Williams the Ute
and Jamaal Williams the Cougar. Both of these guys impressed me last year, especially Joe who ran with major burst,
balance and conviction late last year.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 01:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True enough, nice post Au165. Still is a concern, that and catching the ball out of the backfield as he wasn't asked to.

Doesn't mean he couldn't but is something to observe when picking a RB.

Foreman can work on all these things. Seems like Hill still doesn't get it and looks even more slim than last year.

He is trying to be LeVeon Bell instead of himself when he was good.

Who is this Hunt guy? Know nothing about him. I like the two backs out of Utah in the mid rounds. Joe Williams the Ute
and Jamaal Williams the Cougar. Both of these guys impressed me last year, especially Joe who ran with major burst,
balance and conviction late last year.

You haven't heard of Kareem Hunt out of Toledo?
He has very good balance and vision. He is also a very good receiver. Well-rounded. His weakness is he isn't going to run by anyone. Much like McNichols, he does everything well but may not be elite in any one particular area.
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/4/15/15310504/scouting-kareem-hunt-smart-elusive-runner
https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-pff-scouting-report-kareem-hunt-rb-toledo/
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/kareem-hunt?id=2557917
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 01:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You haven't heard of Kareem Hunt out of Toledo?
He has very good balance and vision. He is also a very good receiver. Well-rounded. His weakness is he isn't going to run by anyone. Much like McNichols, he does everything well but may not be elite in any one particular area.
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/4/15/15310504/scouting-kareem-hunt-smart-elusive-runner
https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-pff-scouting-report-kareem-hunt-rb-toledo/

I like Hunt, prefer Foreman, but would be okay with him. Also like Williams from BYU in the 5th.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 01:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You haven't heard of Kareem Hunt out of Toledo?

Ah, now i remember the name, Kareem. The name Hunt just messed with me lol

Good one in the mid rounds for sure. Liking Bfine's final mock with McCaffrey in the first...
Reply/Quote