Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Falcon & the Winter Soldier [Spoilers]
Not going to spoil in the OP, but why isn't anyone talking about this show?

Captain America: Winter Soldier is the best Marvel movie IMO and this show has all of those feels here.

What is everyone's thoughts 5 episodes in?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’m watching it, but it’s not as good as WandaVision, imo. Bit generic. Zemo has been pretty fun though.

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2021, 01:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m watching it, but it’s not as good as WandaVision, imo. Bit generic. Zemo has been pretty fun though.

I thought Zemo was pretty fantastic, but didn't get enough screen time like I thought he would.

It's also too politically heavy handed for me, but the rest of the show so far makes up for it a bit.
Reply/Quote
I'd agree that it feels a little buddy cop generic.

Too little time focusing on the actual interesting characters like Karli, Walker or Isaih Bradley.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it, just feel like it could be better.
Reply/Quote
They tried to fit way too much into 6 episodes. Reminds me of Game of Thrones. Where we got makes sense, but how we got there was kinda choppy.
Reply/Quote
I think WandaVision is more "fun", where Falcon/Winter Soldier is going to be heavier. This is going to be Marvel tackling political and socio-economic themes. I don't have any issue with that, but I also think it's going to be darker and heavier as it relates to our actual world, unlike WandaVision which is really just centered on the characters and MCU.

I also think these shows are challenging because they not only are putting a standalone show together, it must tie in with the other MCU content and they have to view it through the lens of the long-game. Background and reveals come with time, but unless they wanted to spend the first season just on that, they almost had to run through it the way they did and go back to revisit some of the background later (whether through other MCU content or this show, and of course also noting that some of the background comes from prior MCU content). Trying to keep it suspenseful, interesting, connected and fast-paced is a lot to ask for these new shows but I think they've done a good job.

The production quality is also amazing for a show. It's definitely Marvel cinema worthy with the action scenes and overall location spacing.

I've really enjoyed it and looking forward to the next chapter!
Reply/Quote
I liked the show overall. Still had the Winter Soldier vibe. It failed miserably in the villain department. I didn't find Carli or any of her guys interesting whatsoever. Best villains was USAgent (more of a Antivillain) and Baron Zemo, who was more of a side character.

I'd rather Batroc had been the main guy. I kind of like him, but they don't use him much (Possibly because of GSP's acting limitations though I've found him to be pretty good in what few minutes we get of him).

I also would love to see them get Chris Evans to be Commander Rogers aka Old Man Rogers as a cameo in CA4

I also don't know why he would openly martyr that girl in front of all the cameras. He can be all don't call them terrorists but she was openly going to kill her hostages.
Reply/Quote
I've seen some complaints about the finale. I liked it.

Zemo is an all time great MCU villain.

I'm glad they found a way to keep Walker in it. Love to hate him and Wyatt Russell did such a great job with the character.

Sam coming into his own and Bucky coming to terms with his past.

Sharon's role made sense (and we have to assume she faked being snapped since Endgame said she was) and I like seeing her get set up as another great MCU villain behind the scenes but without powers. That dynamic is what makes the Captain America movies (outside of the first) so good.

I'm ok with Karli not being as dynamic. She's a teen who gains powers and misuses it. An antithesis to what we saw with Spider-Man. She served to give some humanity to those who saw their world come crashing down twice (during the snap and during the return) and for us to see how many normal people are upset with the world around them now and can give motive to our next class of villains.

It's hard to craft a good villain post Thanos just given the level that he was on, but we had a great start with Mysterio being in direct response to the legacy Tony left behind. Hopefully this gives some good fodder moving forward.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
This show did not hold up for me after Loki. It completely blows in retrospect. Still love the characters, but the plot just did not do it for me on this one.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2021, 04:01 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: This show did not hold up for me after Loki. It completely blows in retrospect. Still love the characters, but the plot just did not do it for me on this one.

It’s the weakest of the 3 by far, imo.

Reply/Quote
I couldn't even finish The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.  I think I only had 1 to go too; I just couldn't bring myself to finish it.  It was shockingly bad.  Each episode was almost a chore to get through.  Whoever wrote that series should never touch another Marvel property again.

Getting ready to start Loki here soon.  I just got Disney+ back with a bundle with ESPN+ for college football.
Reply/Quote
I think Falcon/Winter Soldier is going to take more time to expand based on where it resides within the MCU and what the content seems to be. Loki and Wanda have more "fantastical" elements that I believe drew viewers in a bit more quickly. I would agree at first season comparison Falcon/Winter Soldier is the weakest, but I expect that to change next season.
Reply/Quote